- Average take home pay
- Two rooms needed.

How to pass Emirates Cabin Crew Interviews

Next >
Author
  Topic Started By:  user43343    On:  Wed 25th January, 2012 at 10:49
user43343
#1  Emirates Cabin Crew Open Day Interview  Posted 25/01/2012 at 10:49
I am speaking only from my own personal experience and perspetive.
I recently went to Emirates Cabin Crew Opening Day and made it all the way to the Final Interview stage. Currently, I am waiting for the result of my final interview. It took about 3.5 weeks before I recieved my Golden Call.

I have to say, it was the most stressful and intense interview that I have ever did so far. It really felt like I was entering an "America's next top model" contest. For those ladies who are interested in making to the second interview please read the following.

First of all, I know it sounds a bit superficial but go on a diet if you are a bit on the heavier side. Emirates are like Asian airlines, they want attractive, healthy, young looking ladies. In addition, I did intensive research on this company (Google and YouTube), there is a lot of information online.

Please don’t get me wrong, it's not a beauty contest. Tt's just there were a lot of group work involved and the recruiters had to debrief on their own while we are waiting in the back room for the third round’s result, and that's why it felt like "America's next top model" contest.

The recruiters don't really read your CV, but make sure that you have a fantastic cover letter!! It's your moment to shine on paper, make sure that you praise the company indirectly in your letter.

1. Talk about how you love and appreciate your ethnic background and feel proud to be a member of multiculturalism corporate culture.

2. You have the personality and qualities for proving a welcoming, heart-warming and friendly service to the passengers.

3. If you have past customers service experience, do mention them!! If not, somehow connect your past/current work to customer service industry.

4. Please spend some money to get a photographer to do your passport (7 copies) and a full body shot (arms on your side). Make sure your hair, makeup are fully also done and dress as if you are going to a formal interview! Smile with your teeth, it's a part of Emirates final interview package requirement. This will save you time and money from doing it again... I had to do it twice.

On Open Day, I steamed my business attire (knee length skirt and skin colored stockings), did my full makeup, tied my hair into a clean bun and wore conservative diamond stud earrings, and wore a pair of matching closed-toe shoes.

When I arrived at the hotel where Open Day was taking place, I was shocked by how many people dressed so casually. Emirates wants an attractive, ladylike, mature, elegant, presentable, sweet smile candidates who can to live up to Emirate's prestigious image that they are trying to portray to the entire world.

When you are finally there on the first day of the interview, make-eye contact, smile and behave elegantly the entire time!! The recruiters are judging you the second they see you, first impression is everything in this interview process.

As for me, I put a smile on my face, sat or stood up straight the entire time when I was there.

After the orientation about living in Dubai and working as a cabin crew member, you are going to hand your CV, cover letter and photos to the recruiter one at a time. SMILE with full confidence as if you own the entire room. Your posture and manner is everything, please don't suck up to the recruiters. They want people who have what it takes already, not trying to sweet talk themselves into a job. Focus on representing yourself to them.

Keep your answers short and straight to the point! Be positive when you speak about all of your past and current experiences! You only have less than 2 minutes before they decided to either placing you in the callback (less than 25%) or their elimination pile (more than 75%). Keep in mind, Emirates received more than 95,000 applications around the world annually and only 6% of them actually get hired.

Good luck to all the applicants and if you make it to the second round, read my next posting.

Sometimes it's all about creating chemistry with your interviewers so they would invite you back to get to know more about you.

Good luck with your second round and thanks for reading. Please continue to read my third posting!!

Continue....
Edited 19/03/2012 @ 17:30 Revision #6
         Jump to Top
Kiakia
Italy
#2  Re: How to pass Emirates Cabin Crew Interviews  Posted 25/01/2012 at 13:39
Hey there!
I found your post soo very useful..and a bit discouraging though!
I'm going to attend my first ever OD with Emirates this weekend and I'm just getting nervous day by day!
What I'm afraid of though, is just what you also wrote about: to find myself participating at an America's Next Top Model Contest???
I mean, I'm definitely not a Barbie and surley don't wanna be, I just happean to have a genuine interest in this job and doing the best I can to fit the standards this company is looking for, both physical and temperamental.

Do you think this can be enough or I'm just living a dream??
Anyway, I'm looking forward to read your next post!
         Jump to Top
user43343
#3  Re: How to pass Emirates Cabin Crew Interviews  Posted 25/01/2012 at 13:53
In reply to post #2...
I am glad that my message was useful to you.

To be honest, just dress as formal as you can that day. It felt more like a model contest during my second interview. It's not about looking like a Barbie but be very dress very presentable with class. They want people who has the demeanor that they are looking for. Treat it like going to an English Tea Party. Your postures, positive attitude and attire is everything.

My other postings are now up too, hope they will help!! Best luck to you hun!!

PS. Find sometime to get a French manicure. They really look at your fingers!!
         Jump to Top
prettyinpunk
#4  Re: How to pass Emirates Cabin Crew Interviews  Posted 25/01/2012 at 13:55
In reply to post #2...
You don't have to be a model, you just have to be really neat, well-presented and well groomed. Make your hair really neat, get your nails done beforehand, make sure your skin is clear and healthy, remember your posture and smile as much as you can.
         Jump to Top
user43343
#5  Emirates Cabin Crew Second & Final Interview  Posted 25/01/2012 at 14:04
In reply to post #1...
To be able to make it to the final round of Emirates interviewing process, you should give yourself a big pat on the shoulder.

In this stage, it's just you and the recruiting team, you have about 20-40mins alone time with them. There is a few paperwork that needs to be filled out and some passport pictures taken before this round, but they will give you what you need to prepare in end of the second round.

Things to prepare:
1. Six passport photos with a smile showing your teeth.

2. One full body picture with a smile showing your teeth, arms on the side and two legs are visible.

3. Two color copies of your passport.

4. Two casual pictures of only yourself. These pictures will go into your employee file so no smoking or drinking pictures are allowed.  

5. One copy of your latest education certification, a copy of employment by your current employer and proof of volunteer work.

I would suggest that you have a few really good scenarios prepared and answer them in the STAR formula. If you don't know this please google it!!

Most of the examples that I talked about during the third interview was my Crisis Line volunteer work. I talked about how I handled the suicide, mental breakdown, and other crisis related calls. The interviewers were really engaged with my stories and didn't ask me any standard interview questions at all.

From my own experience with them, they want approchable and clear-headed people who can provide emotional support in various crisis situations, great at multi tasker, sensitive to others' needs, a great team player and an independent personality.

I made sure that I presented my paperwork in an organized, neatly manner.

After my interviews with Emirates, I spoke to other girls who had their final interviews and they all said it was intimating and nerve racking, but it was a totally opposite experience for me. I felt very comfortable sharing my past experience and they actually said that the examples that I have talked about have answered every question in their heads. The night before I did prepare three scenarios that I could talk about in my interview in case it they ask me senario or behavioral questions, which they did.

Best of luck to you all!! Hope my tips are helpful!!
Edited 19/03/2012 @ 17:44 Revision #6
         Jump to Top
user43343
#6  Emirates Cabin Crew Second Interview  Posted 25/01/2012 at 14:12
In reply to post #1...
Sorry guys that I had to pull out my posting out for awhile. I didn't want to give false interview tips until I got accpeted at emirates, although I was quite confident about it. Just this morning I checked my status online and it says " you will be contact by a recurtier coordinator at the earliest", so I thought I will repost my experience to share with you all. These knowledge has successfully assisted me, through all three interviews so I thought it might just help you all a bit too!! Good luck everyone!!
Edited 10/02/2012 @ 06:04 Revision #2
         Jump to Top
Sashna
United Kingdom
#7  Re: How to pass Emirates Cabin Crew Interviews  Posted 25/01/2012 at 15:34
Thanks for the info.

Please post some scenario questions, that would be helpful too.

I have my FI in 2 weeks.

Good luck with you results, though it seems like you will get it.
I rather be up there, than down here!
         Jump to Top
EKgonnaBE
United States
#8  Re: How to pass Emirates Cabin Crew Interviews  Posted 25/01/2012 at 16:14
In reply to post #7...
Thank you so much for the info! My OD is next weekend I am beyond excited ! Your recount of the process is very helpful :) I hope you receive your Golden Call soon
         Jump to Top
Kiakia
Italy
#9  Re: Emirates Cabin Crew Second & Final Interview  Posted 25/01/2012 at 19:08
In reply to post #5...
Hey!
Thanks again for your posts!
They're like a bible!!

I just have one more question: you said that before the F.I. they'll ask you to bring a few documents, including a proof of volunteer work..well, what if I don't have any?? Is it a problem?

Anyway, I just got back from the hairdresser, so my hair are checked!
Now booking the manicure!
Thanks again for your help!
Wish to see you in Dubai soon!
         Jump to Top
user43343
#10  Re: How to pass Emirates Cabin Crew Interviews  Posted 26/01/2012 at 00:59
In reply to post #7...
The recruiters had only a few big questions for me and they had smaller questions that they wanted to know for each of the following scenarios.

1. Please give me your most recent challenges at work.
2. Please tell me a time when you had to multi-tasked at work.
3. Please give me an example where you had a very difficult time with a customer and how did you handle it.
4. Explain to me how you were able to go out of your way to help a co-worker out in a work environment.
5.What are your concerns about working for Emirates in the future?

They never asked me why should they hire me or what are my weaknesses and strengths are, I see it it’s a good sign because they were more captivated with my experiences and asked me a lot of questions that is tailored to my answers.
Good luck to you!!
         Jump to Top
Next >