profile image
Cabin Crew Consultant
How to become cabin crew...
profile image
Cabin Crew Consultant
I have been asked to write more articles about the cabin crew job and cabin crew life for another website. 'How to become Cabin Crew' is the first one - it is very detailed and will answer most new potential crew's questions... there are also some cabin crew jobs listed on the website, so it may be worth a bookmark!
http://www.jobsinaviation.com/aviation/careers-advice/how-to-become-cabin-crew

Look out for the next article!
profile image
albatross
Thank you very much indeed for this website. It's an excellent explanation of cabin crew job from different perspectives...
profile image
user16937
Hello. I have just turned 30 and I am seeking a career change. I want to work for virgin atlantic as cabin crew however I know how ompetitive it is. I have a maths degree and I’m a maths teacher as well as being a head of year (to 270 teenagers) but I have no experience working in the aviation industry. Do you think my lifestyle so far would look favourable? Thanks for taking the time to read this....
profile image
samweiss
Hi,
honestly I feel like most lifestyles can be turned around to look appealing to the recruiters - just highlight all the skills they're looking for (conflict solving, openness, the ability to have authority etc.) in your application and you're good to go!
profile image
albatross
you have to have a proven past of delivering irresistible customer service.
Virgin says that they want true customer champions and virgin cabin crew have a goal to make every customers´ in-flight experience as memorable as the adventure that awaits them at their destination. It´s not just about telling them that you have a great customer service experience, you need to tell your stories of providing outstanding customer service by going out of your way to help all your customers, to exceed their expectations.
profile image
Cabin Crew Consultant
Anything is possible - but you do need some solid customer service experience to back things up, after all that is the mainstay in aviation - although you don't need experience in aviation itself. You need to be able to show how you problem solve, are flexible and adaptable and can provide service excellence. Personal presentation has to be of a high standard and timekeeping and determination are essential. In interviews, you will be judged on your appearance, interaction with others and dealing with pressure. You will be asked questions regarding your experience and how it relates to the role of cabin crew - so understanding the true role of cabin crew and then adding what you can bring to the airline with your experience.
Cabin crew come from all walks of life, it is often a second career for many who decide to change career later in life - it is certainly not the 9 to 5 and everyday is different. The lifestyle can be disruptive and the work can be very tiring but you will either love it or hate it. Why not try a few applications and assessments days and see if you think it's for you...
profile image
filmloverjaxs
Hi there

You certainly wouldn't be alone in being a teacher who has changed career into working as cabin crew. I have over 10 years' experience as a FE lecturer/tutor and started working as crew at the age of 45 and met quite a few other ex-teachers of varying ages who had done the same. I did also have some customer service experience from working on Social Services/NHS contracts.

As a teacher you will have excellent interpersonal skills as you work with people every day (students/colleagues/parents/external agencies), although not technically 'customers', you will have lots of experience in assisting others and resolving issues. You will also have excellent organisational skills, working to deadlines, time-keeping and be used to working under pressure. You will have experience as a team member from working in curriculum/departmental teams and also welfare/SEN departments/assistants etc.

The important thing on assessment days, particularly in the group exercises is to ensure that you contribute appropriately, but don't get tempted to take over and lead the group! (As a teacher you're used to leading and for new cabin crew they are looking for team-workers as opposed to team leaders).

Some days can be tiring, but every day is fun in its own way, you never know what's going to happen on any day - every flight is different. In addition to the travel perks and opportunities to see new places, work with and meet different people every day, it's wonderful not to have to bring any prep/marking home with you!

Best of luck with your applications.
profile image
phoebetaylor
Hey everyone!

For anyone applying for/considering applying for Easyjet Cabin Crew, I've posted a YouTube video which will be linked below with my tips for the assessment day and my thoughts on working there/advice!

Hope this helps :)

https://youtu.be/FN0tt4ao6hE

Other discussions going on within Wannabe Cabin Crew

How Hard is it to Regularly Se... So, I'm wanting to be a flight attendant. One thin...
0  80 -
0 80 -
Cabin crew Hello im 20 years old . i want be a cabin crew but...
3  386 1 year ago
3 386 1 year ago by Sarah McMillan
Wizzair training in Lviv, 13.0... Hi guys,Is there anybody here who is participating...
0  657 -
0 657 -
Tattoo Cover Up
4  1.39k 6 years ago
4 1.39k 6 years ago by PL1994
5 6.22k 1 year ago by Sarah McMillan

Other topics for Cabin Crew

Current Cabin Crew Jobs For all announcements relating to cabin crew jobs
126  958.7k 2 months ago
126 958.7k 2 months ago by Emad Omda
Interviews Tell us your experiences!
71  986.39k 4 months ago
71 986.39k 4 months ago by Rachid Anssari
Experienced Cabin Crew For the Veterans!
57  183.35k 7 months ago
57 183.35k 7 months ago by annaliona
Cabin Crew Advice Here to answer all your questions, everything cabi...
5  2.12k 1 year ago
5 2.12k 1 year ago by anna jackson
Qatar Airways status QR status change
4  3.78k 6 months ago
4 3.78k 6 months ago by Taira