Post a reply
Add a new Topic
Search the Forums
Search
Latest Posts
- My EK experience at AD
- LHR: Interviews Assessments Start Dates Courses
- Flydubai interview...
- Etihad AD Rome September 29,2014.anyone?
- Too tall?
- Assessment day group work
- Emirates Final Interviews - September
- just applied waiting for an answer
- Emirates "Joining Formalities In Progress" status
- Flydubai Assessment

How can I become a cabin crew member

Author
  Topic Started By:  erinxo92    On:  Thu 18th February, 2010 at 21:34
erinxo92
United Kingdom
#1  How can I become a cabin crew member  Posted 18/02/2010 at 21:34
I really want to become a cabin crew member, however I do not know how to go about getting into this field of work. I do not have any previous experience. Is it neccessary to have experience or will airline companies train you up on everything you need to know? I am very confused and would appreciate any tips that anyone may have to offer. Thanks
         Jump to Top
manzanita
United Kingdom
#2  Re: How can I become a cabin crew member  Posted 21/02/2010 at 17:11
Hi :)

You don't need to have cabin crew experience or even anything airport or flying related, but most airlines require at least 6 months customer service experience.

You don't also need any aviation qualifications but these do exist. Some airlines ask for GCSEs in English and Maths - others aren't as bothered and use a maths test to see your level of ability.

Also, you usually have to be over 18 to start training, for some airlines it is 21.

I'd look up the websites of the airlines you are interested in and take a look at what they want as the requirements do differ. If you are eligible, fill in an application form and see where it gets you!

Good luck!

TCX LGW 2011
B757, A320 and A321
         Jump to Top
New2Monarch
#3  Re: How can I become a cabin crew member  Posted 22/02/2010 at 02:44
Its normally 2 years front line customer service experience.

And you just need to prove to the airline that you can utilise theese skills in the cabin crew role.

Good Luck :0)
FIRST CHOICE AIRWAYS MONARCH EASYJET - SOME PPL ARE JUST BORN TO FLY :0)
         Jump to Top
erinxo92
United Kingdom
#4  Re: How can I become a cabin crew member  Posted 22/02/2010 at 14:05
Thank you very much for your rely it has been very helpful
         Jump to Top
user28392
#5  Re: How can I become a cabin crew member  Posted 24/02/2010 at 00:12

Edited 02/08/2011 @ 09:46 Revision #1
         Jump to Top
Tiara
Groupie
#6  Re: How can I become a cabin crew member  Posted 24/02/2010 at 13:27
Airlines provide First Aid training, so don't go out of your way or pay money for a first Aid course. Instead, fill in applications get some customer service experience if you haven't any. Aviation jobs are in high demand so you may find that you'll be waiting for quite som time. Depends though, so it's important to apply. To keep up to date with vacancies, go to the airlines website or register for their job alerts and check http://**/cabin-crew-latest-jobs.htm daily.

If you do fancy a course then a language is very beneficial. Some airlines even pay you extra for extra languages you have. If the airline you want to work for requires a full driving licence, then you may want to get one if you don't already. So just to clarify, they want customer service experience, a good personality, (at interview it helps to know the company history so if you have a few airlines in mind have a look at their history and keep up date with press releases and news.) 3 or more standard grades/GCSE at grade 3/C or above, sometimes a driving license, to meet the company weight/height restrictions and be a confident swimmer.

Hope that helps babe,

Good Luck! xx

"I believe I can fly..."
         Jump to Top