profile image
ridgenotritz
How about SCARS ?
profile image
ridgenotritz
Hello guys,
I have scars after I got parotid surgery last year. and it is a long scars from my back-ear to neck. i'm so worried about this scars actually. is it the same rules between scars and tattoos?

last week i went to Emirates OD in Kuala Lumpur. I made it through to the AD, but unfortunately i failed in group discussion. and I will try again if i got the invitation in Jakarta.

I really need your advices and information about this. thanks!
profile image
user16937
Hi Ridgenotriz,

Sorry you didn't make it to FI in KL...maybe next time you try it will be different.
As for your scars, are they very visible, very deep scars or can they be covered? It's something EK like to know about before they hire anyone and there is a time during the AD to declare any scars/tattoos. From what I know, I believe it is the same rule with scars and tattoos, I think you need to be able to cover them whilst on duty.

All the best in the future!
profile image
ridgenotritz
Hello PinkLadyBird,
actually my scar looks like white line on my neck. My friend told me that i can cover my scar with concealer and my scar won't be visible all the way when i wear shirt bcz the collar can cover half of my scar. But is it acceptable if I cover my scar with concealer? Should I tell the recruiter about my scar?

Thanks before
profile image
user16937
It doesn't sound like the scar is that bad...you could cover it with concealer if you wanted but if you are asked by EK to declare any scars then do it. Just to be on the safe side.
profile image
ridgenotritz
Ok mate,
thanks for advice. i really appreciate it.

Wish me luck next week !
profile image
enigma_05
Hi all!
I have a scar on my left leg, it's quite visible even when wearing tights. Is it a blocking factor for Emirates?
profile image
Ticia89
Hello everyone,...

I am new to this site and just wanted to have an answer to the following question!
I am right now in an application process for a big airline where I applied for as a flight attendant... I have already been a flight attendant in my past for a couple of years and after a break of 3 years I want to start again now.
I am 27 years old and love being a flight attendant. I just applied for this big airline in the US and I am worried about my scars on my left arm... They are from when I had a mental breakdown as a teenager and are still there ... My husband always tells me that no one will notice them but I know they are there (and I hate them)! I was so stupid doing this and I am scared now that because of this I will not have the oppertunity to work for this company as a flight attendant... Has anyone made experiences with this type of scars and being a flight attendant? Should I tell them in my personal interview about them? Or should I just hide them?

Many thanks in advance,

Ticia
profile image
MixedGirlFlying
Hey @Ticia89,

how big is the scar? If it is not like 7 cm, it should be okay. Middle Eastern airlines are very strict, so I would be honest. I have a pretty big scar, too, on my thigh. When I walk, you can see it in their uniform, but I'm still in the waiting game. I'm still waiting for my GC, so I cannot give you 100% safe advice on this.
Also, I recommend not to mention the mental breakdown if you are applying for Middle Eastern (and maybe also Asian?) airlines. Unfortunately, they have zero tolerance for this. Wish you all the best!
profile image
aimeea
profile image
Highflyer101
Hello friends , I have a burnt mark on my right hand I have attached an Image please take a look . Is it possible for me to become a cabin crew?

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1NzqmrEB1ZohRHc_RJ1toq9TkntvoMMpE]

Other discussions going on within Wannabe Cabin Crew

How Hard is it to Regularly Se... So, I'm wanting to be a flight attendant. One thin...
0  80 -
0 80 -
Cabin crew Hello im 20 years old . i want be a cabin crew but...
3  387 1 year ago
3 387 1 year ago by Sarah McMillan
Wizzair training in Lviv, 13.0... Hi guys,Is there anybody here who is participating...
0  657 -
0 657 -
Tattoo Cover Up
4  1.39k 6 years ago
4 1.39k 6 years ago by PL1994
5 6.22k 1 year ago by Sarah McMillan

Other topics for Cabin Crew

Current Cabin Crew Jobs For all announcements relating to cabin crew jobs
126  958.74k 2 months ago
126 958.74k 2 months ago by Emad Omda
Interviews Tell us your experiences!
71  986.43k 4 months ago
71 986.43k 4 months ago by Rachid Anssari
Experienced Cabin Crew For the Veterans!
57  183.36k 7 months ago
57 183.36k 7 months ago by annaliona
Cabin Crew Travel Insurance Going The Extra Mile!
3  27.44k 1 year ago
3 27.44k 1 year ago by Tommie Marshall
Equipment Operator I want to find a job as Equipment Operator in airc...
2  33 -
2 33 -