profile image
beckyweeks
Going to Jet2 from EasyJet
profile image
beckyweeks
Hi
I currently work at easyJet and have been there for over 9 years. However looking at jet2 from stansted and was after some feedback or details from crew based here.
What sort of contract is it?
Any chance of being made permanent?
Also do they offer direct entry cabin manager as people I’ve flown with at easyJet have been offered direct entry manager with jet2?
Would you leave easyJet to go to jet2?

Many thanks
profile image
jknox
Originally posted by @beckyweeks
Hi
I currently work at easyJet and have been there for over 9 years. However looking at jet2 from stansted and was after some feedback or details from crew based here.
What sort of contract is it?
Any chance of being made permanent?
Also do they offer direct entry cabin manager as people I’ve flown with at easyJet have been offered direct entry manager with jet2?
Would you leave easyJet to go to jet2?

Many thanks

You will at first be offered a Seasonal contract, ending in November. However Stansted is massively undercrewed and recruitment is hard, meaning nearly all (apart from one or two who underperform) get kept on. There are even seasonal crew from other bases being sent to STN for winter because numbers are that low.

Unfortunately no direct entry SCCM, however you can promote to #2 after 6 months with experience, then onto CC1(SCCM)a year or so after.
I personally would jump to Jet2, as the company are treat their staff with respect, good wages and generally better working conditions. Add to this the fact they somehow keep managing to produce money in the current climate, they won’t be going anywhere soon and will only continue to expand, I’m sure eventually onto some form of long haul.

Other discussions going on within Jet2

Recruitment?
15  6.88k 1 year ago
15 6.88k 1 year ago by Ankit Kumar
Experienced Cabin Crew - STN Hi guys!i applied for the role of experienced Cabi...
0  274 -
0 274 -
STN experienced crew Hey guys, I applied and was invited to an intervie...
1  343 11 months ago
1 343 11 months ago by Andrew E. Briscoe
STN Provisional Training Date...
0  4.38k -
0 4.38k -
Cc Bristol 2021
22  14.35k 3 years ago
22 14.35k 3 years ago by flyingguy1

Other topics for Airline Specific Forums

Middle East Airlines Forum Emirates, Gulf, Etihad, Qatar.......
718  4k 1 month ago
718 4k 1 month ago by anniesteuber
British Airways Specific to British Airways
40  6k 8 months ago
40 6k 8 months ago by Marky Mcdoe
Easyjet Forum dedicated to Easy world..!
266  595.08k 9 months ago
266 595.08k 9 months ago by KL17
Virgin Atlantic Specific to Virgin Atlantic!
162  634.29k 1 year ago
162 634.29k 1 year ago by Lisa Harle
Thomson Airways Thomson Airways including First Choice
93  408.42k 1 year ago
93 408.42k 1 year ago by David_Hume