profile image
brighton_rocks
General Info and questions about Mixed Fleet
profile image
aussie075
Thanks for the info Baby Jack
profile image
Little minx
There is actually no actual card anymore, we used to have a Dinners card to withdraw funds. Now we just use our ID card and quote letters to reception from a personal password. ie. They will say, 'can you tell me letter one and letter 6 from your password' and they enter it into the HOST system and then give you the currency you want. It then gets debited from your pay slip a month or so later. Statements are available on line so that you can check what you have spent and that it was debited correctly.
profile image
aussie075
Thanks for the info Little minx
profile image
livingproof21
Thanks Little Minx,

That actually sounds like a really good system, I like that it can be checked online.
profile image
cizz_m87
Hi

Sorry if its been covered in a previous post but just wanted to know, in regards to uniform how much of each piece of clothing do you get? and do you pay for it? I know you have to pay for your crew bag and shoes. If someone would clarify that would be great. Thanks x
profile image
Little minx
You don't have to pay for your uniform. Not sure what the initial issue is but you will get given enough, not to need to buy any extra. You do have to by a few items that are not mandatory ie. you don't actually need to have them, such as gloves but I don't think these are expensive and you don't have to buy them. Anything that you do need to have will be free. Except your luggage and your shoes.
You don't need to buy your luggage before your course, you can wait and see what other's have. There is a shop in the Crew Report Centre where they sell cabin bags and suitcases. They also have shoe sales at Crainbank where your training takes place, so don't panic.
profile image
cizz_m87
Great Thank You :)
profile image
ramalho
Originally posted by @brighton_rocks
As BabyJack has posted above, the African trips, you can work the following day due to the similar time change, just as with charter, you could do an Orlando the day after a Banjul there and back (which I have done many times). Its not ideal, and perhaps not ethical, but i'm afraid it is legal.
All other rostered long haul's trigger 2 days off 99% of the time, but it is possible to only get 1 day off if called from standby - even though its rare.

Fantastic thread!

Brigton_Rocks you mentioned flying to Banjul. Before I get excited I just wanted to check as I didnt think BA fly yot Banjul.
profile image
Baby Jack
No Banjul disappeared from our network many years ago
profile image
Jillmagic
Hi,
I thought the handbag was part of the uniform and included I am wrong ?

JC stsagr 128,

Other discussions going on within British Airways

Uniform
69  113.94k 8 months ago
69 113.94k 8 months ago by Marky Mcdoe
British Airways - Training Dat... I received confirmation on 17th February that I ha...
0  1.37k -
0 1.37k -
Accomodation, Specific to BA
1.35k  388.65k 2 years ago
1.35k 388.65k 2 years ago by Dolly1988
Assessments, interviews & star...
11.31k  2k 2 years ago
11.31k 2k 2 years ago by DavyP1972
LGW: Interviews Assessments St...
1.12k  331.75k 4 years ago
1.12k 331.75k 4 years ago by zeldazonk

Other topics for Airline Specific Forums

Easyjet Forum dedicated to Easy world..!
266  595.06k 9 months ago
266 595.06k 9 months ago by KL17
Jet2 All posts relating to Jet2
64  248.73k 11 months ago
64 248.73k 11 months ago by Andrew E. Briscoe
Middle East Airlines Forum Emirates, Gulf, Etihad, Qatar.......
718  4k 1 month ago
718 4k 1 month ago by anniesteuber
Virgin Atlantic Specific to Virgin Atlantic!
162  634.27k 1 year ago
162 634.27k 1 year ago by Lisa Harle
Thomson Airways Thomson Airways including First Choice
93  408.41k 1 year ago
93 408.41k 1 year ago by David_Hume