profile image
brighton_rocks
General Info and questions about Mixed Fleet
profile image
Baby Jack
Best to think of it as per Brighton Rocks thread. All the European destinations are classified as short haul work and you can do there and backs, 2 day, 3 day tours. The only consideration is that you must have 1 day off in 7 and 2 consecutive days in 14.

All other work is long haul work. Trips to Africa do not require days off after them but you could BID for days off and BID for African trips before them. All trips to the states now require 2 days off after them but this can on occasion be reduced to 1 day off

You must learn the BID inside out and back to front and make it work for you. You have 9 days each month off and you can BID to have them where you wish but have greater success if you avoid weekends
profile image
AboveClouds
Im confused... I thought I read in the forum that they are short of staff (that was a reference to Mixed fleet I believe), and yet they are offering unpaid leave to all including Mixed Fleet? so after the training I have a chance of sitting without flying?.. I wish to feel happy and confident working for BA, and yet...these things kind of scare me.
profile image
bagsy2ndbreak
Don't worry - Mixed Fleet haven't been offered unpaid leave just the other 2 more expensive fleets.
profile image
livingproof21
Hey everyone,

I just wanted to check, am I right in thinking that we need to buy our own crew bag, I know we need to get our own suitcase for trips, but thought BA would supply a crew bag as part of the uniform???

Chris.
profile image
Skyflyer17
We need to get our luggage, the regulations regarding what we can have are in the uniform standards booklet that gets sent out with our contract
profile image
livingproof21
Thanks Skyflyer17.
profile image
livingproof21
Hey Brighton_Rocks,

I was just wondering, does everybody get a HOST card, as I know some other airlines only give a similar thing to senior crew?

Chris.
profile image
Baby Jack
Yes everyone gets one but don't forget whatever you take out on it is deducted from your salary. Some people spend £800 or more each month on it and that leaves very little left in your salary. It is only for taking cash out at hotels down route and is not a credit or charge card.
profile image
aussie075
What is a Host card? I have no idea since this is my first CC position.
profile image
Baby Jack
When you get down route you will need foreign currency. The company has put in place a system worldwide which enables you to go to the hotel front desk and withdraw monies you require. That money is then automatically taken off your salary. It saves you going to foreign exchanges and banks to get foreign currency.

Other discussions going on within British Airways

Uniform
69  113.93k 8 months ago
69 113.93k 8 months ago by Marky Mcdoe
British Airways - Training Dat... I received confirmation on 17th February that I ha...
0  1.32k -
0 1.32k -
Accomodation, Specific to BA
1.35k  388.62k 2 years ago
1.35k 388.62k 2 years ago by Dolly1988
Assessments, interviews & star...
11.31k  2k 2 years ago
11.31k 2k 2 years ago by DavyP1972
LGW: Interviews Assessments St...
1.12k  331.74k 4 years ago
1.12k 331.74k 4 years ago by zeldazonk

Other topics for Airline Specific Forums

Easyjet Forum dedicated to Easy world..!
266  594.82k 8 months ago
266 594.82k 8 months ago by KL17
Middle East Airlines Forum Emirates, Gulf, Etihad, Qatar.......
718  4k 1 month ago
718 4k 1 month ago by anniesteuber
Jet2 All posts relating to Jet2
64  248.52k 10 months ago
64 248.52k 10 months ago by Andrew E. Briscoe
Qantas UK Forum For those working at Qantas UK
31  372.52k 1 year ago
31 372.52k 1 year ago by Charles Carter
Thomson Airways Thomson Airways including First Choice
93  408.26k 1 year ago
93 408.26k 1 year ago by David_Hume