profile image
brighton_rocks
General Info and questions about Mixed Fleet
profile image
Baby Jack
It isn't a job it is a life style. Very few careers are like it. It has it's ups and downs and you miss out on a lot of family stuff eg in 24 years I have only been home 3 times. Most people say they will join for 2 or 3 years but we get so used to it and why approx 9000 of us have done at least 15 years
profile image
monstermunch
i know yeah, i want that lifestyle! i want a career here, always wanted to live that life!
profile image
malteaser
hey there, i am due to start training 8th Dec and was just wondering if BA provide cabin and outdoor shoes for the ladies?
profile image
brighton_rocks
No they don't i'm afraid
profile image
Baby Jack
No this is your own purchase. You can buy from uniform stores but most people find their own
profile image
malteaser
ok thanks, that actually works out better for me as i am crew atm and have only just replaced mine so i wont have wasted my money!
profile image
bagsy2ndbreak
FYI - the heel of your ground shoes need to be no higher than the height of your ID (from the sole to heel tip) as a guide for you.
profile image
livingproof21
Thanks very much for all this info Brighton, I would have to say that this is the best and most clear info that had been posted with regards to mixed fleet questions. Thanks Again.
profile image
aussie075
Hey livingproof,

Are you the partner of stephen from Glasgow who has his AD on the morning of the 15th? He was in my group. were you in the afternoon AD? I heard you got in, congratulations.

Glenn
profile image
-Emily-
babyjack/brightonrocks/other experienced crew, one of you mentioned it was a lifestyle not i job. i like that. but with so many thousands of cabin crew do u ever fly with the same person twice? or make regular friends? there just seems so many different people to be working with everyday that i don't see how you'd ever get to KNOW people other than on ur training course!!

Other discussions going on within British Airways

Uniform
69  113.94k 8 months ago
69 113.94k 8 months ago by Marky Mcdoe
British Airways - Training Dat... I received confirmation on 17th February that I ha...
0  1.38k -
0 1.38k -
Accomodation, Specific to BA
1.35k  388.65k 2 years ago
1.35k 388.65k 2 years ago by Dolly1988
Assessments, interviews & star...
11.31k  2k 2 years ago
11.31k 2k 2 years ago by DavyP1972
LGW: Interviews Assessments St...
1.12k  331.75k 4 years ago
1.12k 331.75k 4 years ago by zeldazonk

Other topics for Airline Specific Forums

Easyjet Forum dedicated to Easy world..!
266  595.08k 9 months ago
266 595.08k 9 months ago by KL17
Qantas UK Forum For those working at Qantas UK
31  372.62k 1 year ago
31 372.62k 1 year ago by Charles Carter
Middle East Airlines Forum Emirates, Gulf, Etihad, Qatar.......
718  4k 1 month ago
718 4k 1 month ago by anniesteuber
Thomson Airways Thomson Airways including First Choice
93  408.42k 1 year ago
93 408.42k 1 year ago by David_Hume
Jet2 All posts relating to Jet2
64  248.75k 11 months ago
64 248.75k 11 months ago by Andrew E. Briscoe