profile image
brighton_rocks
General Info and questions about Mixed Fleet
profile image
Alex2705
So long as its a valid EU passport giving you the right to live and work in the UK, with unrestricted travel worldwide you'll be fine.

Please note however, many places you enter, such as Singapore, Kuwait, Dubai, Jeddah you'll need to have a minimum of 6 months validity remaining on the passport in order to enter.
profile image
Karen L.
Hi everyone! I have a post that is full of information about working for British Airways Mixed Fleet such as assessment information, the application process and salary! You can find it here: http://www.becomingcabincrew.com/2018/10/13/british-airways-mixed-fleet/
profile image
Hails2411
Hi guys, I have a new facebook group for current and wannabe crew and we have some great discussions! Come on over and join us for assessment day tips, roster swaps and lots more! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1000899443393674/
profile image
a_bc249
Anyone can shed some lights as to what a typical WCC roster would look like? Alot of long-flights or short flights?

Thank you
profile image
jknox
World Class crew 99% of the time do long haul flights, working as galley lead.
profile image
hjb18
Hi everyone,

I'm thinking of applying for BA but need to weigh up whether it would be worth it or not. I live 4 hours away so would probably have to move nearer to the airport, do many crew afford to do this and if so how much do you get paid each month?
Also I know that during training you have to sort your own accommodation out however do you actually get paid during training?

Hopefully someone can shed some light on this please!

Hannah :)
profile image
a_bc249
Originally posted by @jknox
World Class crew 99% of the time do long haul flights, working as galley lead.

Galley lead anywhere on the plane?
And do they still carry the title World Class Crew for short haul? Cause I don't think there is a need for a purser role on short haul
profile image
James000
747 training help

I have always loved the 747 I have a start date in March  , working on the 747 is one of the main reasons I want to work for ba , from the research I have done on this site it seems like I will either get trained on the 747 or the a380 , is there any way to make sure I get trained on the 747, not the a380 ? Has any one got any information or advice please

Ps from the research I have done I believe I will also get trained on the 777 and a320 family
profile image
jknox
It’s incredibly unlikely that you will be trained on the 747. 1 in 45 NEM courses are being trained on it so it’s pretty much set in stone that you will be 380 trained.
And yes you will also be trained on 777 and 320 family.

But don’t get your hopes up as you will almost definitely be 380. Positive is you will be trained on the 787 sooner. .
profile image
jknox
Originally posted by @a_bc249

Galley lead anywhere on the plane?
And do they still carry the title World Class Crew for short haul? Cause I don't think there is a need for a purser role on short haul

Generally the World Class crew member will be Economy galley lead, however depending on the CSM may just act as main crew.
Yes, for short haul WCC crew still have the title on short haul and will usually find themselves at #2. There is still a CSM on all short haul flights. Very rarely, World class crew operate as CSM.

Other discussions going on within British Airways

Uniform
69  113.93k 8 months ago
69 113.93k 8 months ago by Marky Mcdoe
British Airways - Training Dat... I received confirmation on 17th February that I ha...
0  1.32k -
0 1.32k -
Accomodation, Specific to BA
1.35k  388.62k 2 years ago
1.35k 388.62k 2 years ago by Dolly1988
Assessments, interviews & star...
11.31k  2k 2 years ago
11.31k 2k 2 years ago by DavyP1972
LGW: Interviews Assessments St...
1.12k  331.74k 4 years ago
1.12k 331.74k 4 years ago by zeldazonk

Other topics for Airline Specific Forums

Aer Lingus All posts relating to Aer Lingus
39  427.35k 11 months ago
39 427.35k 11 months ago by Aaron
Middle East Airlines Forum Emirates, Gulf, Etihad, Qatar.......
718  4k 1 month ago
718 4k 1 month ago by anniesteuber
Qantas UK Forum For those working at Qantas UK
31  372.52k 1 year ago
31 372.52k 1 year ago by Charles Carter
Easyjet Forum dedicated to Easy world..!
266  594.83k 8 months ago
266 594.83k 8 months ago by KL17
Virgin Atlantic Specific to Virgin Atlantic!
162  634.13k 1 year ago
162 634.13k 1 year ago by Lisa Harle