- Qatar Airways Undeclared Tattoo
- General Info and questions about Mixed Fleet
- Glasgow Base

General Info and questions about Mixed Fleet

< Prev
Author
  Topic Started By:  brighton_rocks    On:  Wed 14th September, 2011 at 11:57
jknox
#3128  Re: General Info and questions about Mixed Fleet  Posted 13/03/2019 at 19:57
In reply to post #3127...

Originally posted by teaorcoffeefishorchicken

Hi there,

I'm considering joining BA (from EZY)

I have 6 years flying experience (3 of which being a CM on short haul). I know that BA is recruiting Experienced World Class CC. If I'm not mistaken that means CM on short haul and SCCM on long haul.

What does this translate in take home money (for LHR) on average??

How long does it take for a promotion to CSM from there?

World Class doesn’t mean CM on SH nor SCCM on Long Haul.
99% of the time you will operate as main crew but will just be designated as a “backup” CSM on SH flights and galley lead/main crew on long haul flights.
It’s incredibly rare for WCC to operate as CSM.
Promotion to CSM would likely be around 12-18 months as you would need to further promote to “Aspire” crew, which is again another step in seniority from WCC. From Aspire, this is the natural path into CSM, as the aspire course is formally known as the Future Talent CSM course.
Aspire crew do operate as CSM occasionally on short haul, and can operate senior roles on long haul flights, it’s not uncommon (especially on team trip flights) to find the Aspire crew member assuming the role of CSM on long haul too.

On top of this, despite joining as WCC, you’ll operate as main crew for the first 2-3 months to get a feel of the service before you are put on a World Class course and are officially recognised as WCC
Edited 13/03/2019 @ 20:01 Revision #2
         Jump to Top
Triptanight
Sweden
#3129  Re: General Info and questions about Mixed Fleet  Posted 13/03/2019 at 20:16
How does standby/reserve/on-call work in regards to how long new cabin crew are required to be standby? Are new crew on standby for months or years? Are standby days and regular trips mixed together on a monthly bid? Or is it something completely different. I've worked for airlines where people are on reserve/standby for years. I've worked for airlines where everyone get's 5 or 6 days reserve/standby a month regardless of seniority and I've worked for airlines where every other month is a reserve month. Any information you can give me would be great!
         Jump to Top
teaorcoffeefishorchicken
United Kingdom
#3130  Re: General Info and questions about Mixed Fleet  Posted 15/03/2019 at 08:35
@jknoxx
Thank youuuu :)
         Jump to Top
a_bc249
Groupie
#3131  Re: General Info and questions about Mixed Fleet  Posted 17/03/2019 at 06:54
So does WCC=FTC on the roster? Or does one need to work for it again?

Thanks
         Jump to Top
jknox
#3132  Re: General Info and questions about Mixed Fleet  Posted 17/03/2019 at 10:37
In reply to post #3131...

Originally posted by a_bc249

So does WCC=FTC on the roster? Or does one need to work for it again?

Thanks

No, FTC on the roster means Future Talent CSM, so Aspire.
WCC comes up as WCC on the roster.
Main crew comes up at CCW.

You would have to work up to FTC as there is no direct entry.
         Jump to Top
a_bc249
Groupie
#3133  Re: General Info and questions about Mixed Fleet  Posted 17/03/2019 at 11:01
Right...so the interviewer gave me the wrong info then...

Thanks jknox
         Jump to Top
Bobby747
#3135  Re: General Info and questions about Mixed Fleet  Posted 20/03/2019 at 08:30
Hello. I am pleased to say that I will
be starting my BA mix fleet training soon.
I understand there is a bidding system that can influence the rosters when crew are operational.
I wanted to know whether it is realistic to bid for predominantly short haul trips with just a few long haul per month. I understand there will be nights away from home but I wanted to see if it was possible to bid for shorter trips as I have a family. There and backs, or 2 x there and backs etc. It seems a lot of crew like to bid for the longer haul trips which implies there may be more short haul up for grabs.
Thanks for your help and any advice about this. Kind regards.
         Jump to Top
skyfly1234
#3136  Re: General Info and questions about Mixed Fleet  Posted yesterday at 09:24
In reply to post #3127...
My advice is don't do it....!! EZY is a far better company and the pay and working pattern is much better.

I know many crew who have left EasyJet to go to Mixed Fleet and it hasn't lived up to the expectations and have applied to return. Sure the attraction of operating Long Haul flights is appealing to some if you've never done it, but I can assure you the grass is not greener.

If i were you I'd stick with EZY.
         Jump to Top
< Prev