Post a reply
Add a new Topic
Search the Forums
Search
Latest Posts
- Large doubke room with ensuite
- I wonder about my career when I apply for a job.
- Etihad AD Johannesburg 29th April 2019
- Emirates 2019 Timeline
- Wait time after Interview Complete status?
- Finnair
- anyone from Nepal??
- Staff Travel EZY - For Money £££
- Etihad training uniform
- Interview as an ex crew

General Info and questions about Mixed Fleet

< Prev Next >
Author
  Topic Started By:  brighton_rocks    On:  Wed 14th September, 2011 at 11:57
jknox
#3118  Re: General Info and questions about Mixed Fleet  Posted 03/02/2019 at 20:16
In reply to post #3115...

Originally posted by a_bc249

Galley lead anywhere on the plane?
And do they still carry the title World Class Crew for short haul? Cause I don't think there is a need for a purser role on short haul

Generally the World Class crew member will be Economy galley lead, however depending on the CSM may just act as main crew.
Yes, for short haul WCC crew still have the title on short haul and will usually find themselves at #2. There is still a CSM on all short haul flights. Very rarely, World class crew operate as CSM.
         Jump to Top
a_bc249
Groupie
#3119  Re: General Info and questions about Mixed Fleet  Posted 10/02/2019 at 13:16
In reply to post #3118...
What is #2? Is that Club or traveller?

Also would like to add, which part of the salaries are being taxed and which of those are not?

Thank you
Edited 10/02/2019 @ 13:19 Revision #1
         Jump to Top
jknox
#3120  Re: General Info and questions about Mixed Fleet  Posted 10/02/2019 at 13:53
In reply to post #3119...
On the Airbus A319/320 the #2 is the second most senior crew member and works in traveller. On the A321 the WCC would be #4 and assume the same responsibility.
         Jump to Top
bethanyharbut
#3121  Re: General Info and questions about Mixed Fleet  Posted 25/02/2019 at 18:59
[I]Hi Guys, I am looking to apply for Heathrow Mixed Fleet for BA in June (I was unsuccessful back in December when I previously applied). I was just wondering if someone would be able to answer the following questions about the job -

- In what destinations do you have 24-72 hour layovers? Does the majority of long haul (i.e Denpasar, Ho Chi Minh City, Seychelles, St Lucia, Grenada) include a layover?

- Do BA recommend excursions for layovers or are you able to book your own experiences? Are they expensive?

- What times does training start/finish each day? Is it easy to get a snapshot during training?

- What do euro travel rosters consist of? Are you able to just do long haul?

- Is the Assessment Day difficult?

If anyone could DM or get back to be that would be brilliant. Thank you, Beth x
         Jump to Top
Becky_1234
United Kingdom
#3122  Re: General Info and questions about Mixed Fleet  Posted 28/02/2019 at 11:59
Hi guys,

I’m ex mixed fleet crew but miss flying! I’m considering reapplying, has anyone been in this situation? How was your experience when rejoining?

Becky
         Jump to Top
jknox
#3123  Re: General Info and questions about Mixed Fleet  Posted 28/02/2019 at 12:26
In reply to post #3121...

Originally posted by bethanyharbut

Hi Guys, I am looking to apply for Heathrow Mixed Fleet for BA in June (I was unsuccessful back in December when I previously applied). I was just wondering if someone would be able to answer the following questions about the job -

- In what destinations do you have 24-72 hour layovers? Does the majority of long haul (i.e Denpasar, Ho Chi Minh City, Seychelles, St Lucia, Grenada) include a layover?

- Do BA recommend excursions for layovers or are you able to book your own experiences? Are they expensive?

- What times does training start/finish each day? Is it easy to get a snapshot during training?

- What do euro travel rosters consist of? Are you able to just do long haul?

- Is the Assessment Day difficult?

If anyone could DM or get back to be that would be brilliant. Thank you, Beth x

No layovers in any of those places. Plenty of 24 hour layovers, 72 hour layovers pretty much unheard of.

Most destinations are 24-48 hours.
You are able to book your own excursions on layovers and generally companies offer discounts to crew, but can be expensive still.

You can’t just do long haul, you will get rostered short haul flights which either consist of there and backs, or euro tours which las between 2-6 days.

The assessment is notorious for being one of the most difficult ones.
Edited 28/02/2019 @ 12:29 Revision #1
         Jump to Top
a_bc249
Groupie
#3124  Re: General Info and questions about Mixed Fleet  Posted 02/03/2019 at 17:45
Sorry, might not be fully BA related, but does anyone have experience of how long it usually takes from start to finish of renting a place around the airport? Would 2 weeks be enough or would I need longer for that?
         Jump to Top
gtriassi
#3125  Re: General Info and questions about Mixed Fleet  Posted 04/03/2019 at 10:36
Hello Everyone!

I'm almost applying for the Heathrow mixed fleet.
Does anyone know the average monthly salary?
         Jump to Top
CABINCREWES
Spain
#3126  Re: General Info and questions about Mixed Fleet  Posted 07/03/2019 at 13:33
Hello!Does anyone know what does a CSM roster looks like?I was told that they do a lot of Short Haul but is it also possible to have quite a few Long hauls every month?Thanks in advance
         Jump to Top
teaorcoffeefishorchicken
United Kingdom
#3127  Re: General Info and questions about Mixed Fleet  Posted 12/03/2019 at 20:07
Hi there,

I'm considering joining BA (from EZY)

I have 6 years flying experience (3 of which being a CM on short haul). I know that BA is recruiting Experienced World Class CC. If I'm not mistaken that means CM on short haul and SCCM on long haul.

What does this translate in take home money (for LHR) on average??

How long does it take for a promotion to CSM from there?
         Jump to Top
< Prev Next >