Post a reply
Add a new Topic
Search the Forums
Search
Latest Posts
- BA Mixed Fleet Start date 26th January anyone?
- Qatar On Boarding Zone
- Anyone can help me?!
- Qatar Airways - accommodation
- Assessments, interviews & start dates
- exchange staff travel
- Aer Lingus assessment day
- United Airline change flight fee and check-in
- Interview for Etihad
- BA new mixfleet crew accommodation offer Heathrow

General Info and questions about Mixed Fleet

< Prev Next >
Author
  Topic Started By:  brighton_rocks    On:  Wed 14th September, 2011 at 11:57
brublonde
#3107  Re: General Info and questions about Mixed Fleet  Posted 23/10/2018 at 13:45
Hi all,

I have an assessment day for Monday 5th November and I am from the UK - I was wondering what type of passport do you need to have? Mine is a 1 year one.... will this be ok do you think? I am not sure what the requirement is for mixed fleet and passports.

Thank you!

Camilla
**Live life with no regrets**
         Jump to Top
Redhead
UK - Northern Ireland
#3108  Re: General Info and questions about Mixed Fleet  Posted 26/10/2018 at 21:21
Can anyone please shed some light on "World Class Mixed Fleet Experienced Cabin Crew with EASA Attestation" that BA is currently hiring for?
- is the World Class typical roster comparable to regular MF Cabin Crew roster?
- and is the World Class cabin crew salary really 25-29k a year, as it states in the job ad..?
Thank you!
         Jump to Top
Alex2705
United Kingdom
#3109  Re: General Info and questions about Mixed Fleet  Posted 27/10/2018 at 23:29
In reply to post #3107...
So long as its a valid EU passport giving you the right to live and work in the UK, with unrestricted travel worldwide you'll be fine.

Please note however, many places you enter, such as Singapore, Kuwait, Dubai, Jeddah you'll need to have a minimum of 6 months validity remaining on the passport in order to enter.
         Jump to Top
Karen L.
#3110  Re: General Info and questions about Mixed Fleet  Posted 30/10/2018 at 22:25
Hi everyone! I have a post that is full of information about working for British Airways Mixed Fleet such as assessment information, the application process and salary! You can find it here: http://www.becomingcabincrew.com/2018/10/13/british-airways-mixed-fleet/
         Jump to Top
a_bc249
Groupie
#3112  Re: General Info and questions about Mixed Fleet  Posted 21/01/2019 at 05:28
Anyone can shed some lights as to what a typical WCC roster would look like? Alot of long-flights or short flights?

Thank you
         Jump to Top
jknox
#3113  Re: General Info and questions about Mixed Fleet  Posted 21/01/2019 at 08:57
In reply to post #3112...
World Class crew 99% of the time do long haul flights, working as galley lead.
         Jump to Top
hjb18
#3114  Re: General Info and questions about Mixed Fleet  Posted 21/01/2019 at 22:02
Hi everyone,

I'm thinking of applying for BA but need to weigh up whether it would be worth it or not. I live 4 hours away so would probably have to move nearer to the airport, do many crew afford to do this and if so how much do you get paid each month?
Also I know that during training you have to sort your own accommodation out however do you actually get paid during training?

Hopefully someone can shed some light on this please!

Hannah :)
         Jump to Top
a_bc249
Groupie
#3115  Re: General Info and questions about Mixed Fleet  Posted 22/01/2019 at 05:01
In reply to post #3113...

Originally posted by jknox

World Class crew 99% of the time do long haul flights, working as galley lead.

Galley lead anywhere on the plane?
And do they still carry the title World Class Crew for short haul? Cause I don't think there is a need for a purser role on short haul
         Jump to Top
James000
United Kingdom
#3116  Re: General Info and questions about Mixed Fleet  Posted 03/02/2019 at 17:12
In reply to post #3115...
747 training help

I have always loved the 747 I have a start date in March  , working on the 747 is one of the main reasons I want to work for ba , from the research I have done on this site it seems like I will either get trained on the 747 or the a380 , is there any way to make sure I get trained on the 747, not the a380 ? Has any one got any information or advice please

Ps from the research I have done I believe I will also get trained on the 777 and a320 family
         Jump to Top
jknox
#3117  Re: General Info and questions about Mixed Fleet  Posted 03/02/2019 at 17:21
In reply to post #3116...
It’s incredibly unlikely that you will be trained on the 747. 1 in 45 NEM courses are being trained on it so it’s pretty much set in stone that you will be 380 trained.
And yes you will also be trained on 777 and 320 family.

But don’t get your hopes up as you will almost definitely be 380. Positive is you will be trained on the 787 sooner. .
Edited 03/02/2019 @ 17:24 Revision #1
         Jump to Top
< Prev Next >