profile image
brighton_rocks
General Info and questions about Mixed Fleet
profile image
k3143r
I don't entirely know the meaning of this question!

Both aircraft cover a variety of long haul routes. I think it's mostly to do with the capacity of the plane vs the popularity of the route that determines which plane will be used and from my observation, this changes often (e.g. Philadelphia has just switched to a 747 from a 787).

The following list is APPROXIMATE- not all are accurate as some have changed since I made the list or change daily depending on demand and supply:

B747-400
San Diego, USA
Cape Town, South Africa
Chicago, USA
Miami, USA
Vancouver, Canada
Houston, USA
Philadelphia, USA
Las Vegas, USA
Johannesburg, South Africa
Lagos, Nigeria
Abuja, Nigeria

B787-8
Seoul, South Korea
Toronto, Canada
Calgary, Canada
Baltimore, USA
Tel Aviv, Israel

B787-9
Santiago, Chile
San Jose, USA
Austin, USA
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Toronto, Canada
Houston, USA
Calgary, Canada
Abu Dhabi, UAE

Hope this answers your question!
profile image
Quastie1
What is a CCJ?
profile image
A54Y
County Court Judgement.
profile image
Imnewhere
Hi, what does the average heathrow to sydney trip look like? I mean from the duration of the flights to the time in singapore and then sydney and then back again? Please let me know
profile image
777neil
Many people ask us about the language requirements for Cabin Crew wannabes. The words 'fluent', 'written & spoken' are regularly used. Experience shows that many people don't make the grade as a result of their English and particularly, their lack of Customer-service related skills, incorporating functional English requirements such as making requests, offering advice, solving problems and handling difficult customers.

Our courses have helped 100s of cabin crew realise their dreams and get through the dreaded AD.

Language assessment and proficiency: we'll test your spoken English skills and give you an estimated IELTS and CEFR banding: https://goo.gl/0OuLiC
We'll give you a free grammar/writing/reading test: https://goo.gl/o9NTC4
Or why not just try our English for Cabin Crew course: https://goo.gl/mb6fA4

Neil
Tangent Training
profile image
zeanamcd
Hi there,

In the small glimmer of hope, I was wondering if someone could shed some light on when the next available course dates are for Mixed fleet new starters?

I was given a provisional start date on the 28th of June, so I accepted the offer and handed in my notice with my current employer, then BA emailed to say that it was an administration error I'm currently in limbo and anxiously awaiting a start date.

After speaking to my employer, they have agreed to extend my notice by a further four weeks, which leaves me in employment until mid July. I'm a little worried as I may be out of work for a while when I need to gather as many savings before relocating to London.

If anyone could share any information on next available course dates, I would be very grateful

Thank you
profile image
amydxb
Hi there I'm sorry this happened to you I have heard this happens regularly - I also got an email saying I had withdrew and had to calll BA who explained it was a system error. It still hasn't changed on my job portal and I cannot view any of my pre joining info. I haven't handed my notice in yet.

I have a start date of 24th July x
profile image
Dollycake
Hello everybody. Sorry to post this in here, but I've tried to post 3 times in the thread about assessment days and every time my post doesn't appear and I'm not sure why (I'm new can you tell!?)

Just wondering if anyone has any tips for assessment day for mixed fleet? I have 2 years customer service experience in ground handling at the airport, so I'm hoping this will prepare me for the role play - as I face difficult situations with passengers every day. But what are BA looking for? Surely everybody goes to an assessment day trying to show them they are a friendly and smiley person - but why don't people make the grade? I've been making notes about BA's history and everything, I'm just nervous that I'll be like all the other applicants and not have "the edge".

Any help would be greatly appricated :-) and once again sorry for posting it here, and not in the other thread.
profile image
A54Y
Hi Dollycake,

New member posts have to be approved by admin or mods as we have had spam attacks by hackers who register and post hundreds of spam messages encouraging you to buy drugs, buy psychic readings or visit hacking sites by clicking dodgy links.

When you have been with us for a while and posted a few messages, your posts will appear automatically.
profile image
Fmahmood
LHR - SIN = 13 hours flight time SIN - SYD = 8 hours flight time

Other discussions going on within British Airways

Uniform
69  113.94k 8 months ago
69 113.94k 8 months ago by Marky Mcdoe
British Airways - Training Dat... I received confirmation on 17th February that I ha...
0  1.38k -
0 1.38k -
Accomodation, Specific to BA
1.35k  388.67k 2 years ago
1.35k 388.67k 2 years ago by Dolly1988
Assessments, interviews & star...
11.31k  2k 2 years ago
11.31k 2k 2 years ago by DavyP1972
LGW: Interviews Assessments St...
1.12k  331.75k 4 years ago
1.12k 331.75k 4 years ago by zeldazonk

Other topics for Airline Specific Forums

Middle East Airlines Forum Emirates, Gulf, Etihad, Qatar.......
718  4k 1 month ago
718 4k 1 month ago by anniesteuber
Virgin Atlantic Specific to Virgin Atlantic!
162  634.38k 1 year ago
162 634.38k 1 year ago by Lisa Harle
Easyjet Forum dedicated to Easy world..!
266  595.19k 9 months ago
266 595.19k 9 months ago by KL17
Aer Lingus All posts relating to Aer Lingus
39  427.52k 1 year ago
39 427.52k 1 year ago by Aaron
Thomson Airways Thomson Airways including First Choice
93  408.49k 1 year ago
93 408.49k 1 year ago by David_Hume