profile image
brighton_rocks
General Info and questions about Mixed Fleet
profile image
Quastie1
I noticed this Cabin Crew member had a fringe. It is a lovely video.

https://youtu.be/ZFb01yTR9bA

I always wear a fringe, but for BA, I wouldn't wear one because of the hat. So I think maybe when the hat is off, you can wear the fringe, but when it is on, it appears to look better pulled away from the face to accomodate the hat.
profile image
karo.linap
Hi

I have question about different between Gatwick fleet and mixed fleet. Can not really find any clear information. Which one is better ?
profile image
daisychainx
Hi guys,

I've managed to get an assessment day for BA mixed fleet although I haven't booked my actual date yet.

I've found this website so helpful, but have a couple of questions I was wondering if people could answer for me?

Mainly, if I was to attend the AD and be successful, upon receiving my offer how long to I have to respond and accept?

Thanks for any help :)
profile image
barneyg
I think it's 24 hours to respond

But it's only a conditional offer pending referencing, it took me just under a month to get my confirmed start date, and others have had to wait up to 6 months, and even longer for the unlucky people who had difficult references.

So if you were to change your mind about accepting the offer, i guess you can..
profile image
edn239
From what I remember, you have 24 hours to accept the actual offer!

Then they commence stage 1 checks but these vary enormously in length. Took me a year! But others only take about 3/4 months, so it varies wildly!
profile image
daisychainx
Thanks for the advice.

I wouldn't want to accept an offer and then decline later, don't think that sits well for me or the company so I'll just be careful with my dates when booking my AD :)

Mainly because I am super excited about the prospect, but also a little scared as it's such a big lifestyle change hahah.
profile image
Jess Wright
Hi everyone,

I have been through all the process most of you are going through now or are hoping to with the AD, referencing, getting a start date to booking your uniform fitting, appointment at the US embassy, CRC etc.

I'm thinking about starting up vlogging/blogging again on youtube and I think it would be a great idea if I put all the info I have that I've learnt, found out along the way and also all the stuff I wanted to know before apply/awaiting start date etc. I'm talking all the main things like time frames what you need to do etc down to the things you wouldnt think about like if I want to take my laptop for the journey on the train to the us embassy (they dont allow laptops etc in there) where you can store them, which I wish I knew as I had a very boring train ride!

I'd love to answer any questions in this video to so please feel free to drop me an inbox with any questions you would like me to answer or anything you want me to add in the video, I'm hoping to have it filmed and up by sunday.

Also thinking of doing this throughout the training - updates etc so you can really get to know what BA is like and what you have to do to get to the end result.

Hope to answer any questions and I'll post the video when its done

Jess

xx
profile image
AbbieEliza
Hey everyone,

Wondering if anyone could help me with the best place to stay near waterside for my AD. most places I've looked at are just so expensive for 1 night.
any tips would help also, questions they may ask etc.

Thanks
profile image
Jess Wright
does anybody know the difference between the routes for the 787 and the 747
profile image
sjoseph
Has any one with a CCJ ever been accepted by british airways after their security screen.

Other discussions going on within British Airways

Uniform
69  113.94k 8 months ago
69 113.94k 8 months ago by Marky Mcdoe
British Airways - Training Dat... I received confirmation on 17th February that I ha...
0  1.37k -
0 1.37k -
Accomodation, Specific to BA
1.35k  388.65k 2 years ago
1.35k 388.65k 2 years ago by Dolly1988
Assessments, interviews & star...
11.31k  2k 2 years ago
11.31k 2k 2 years ago by DavyP1972
LGW: Interviews Assessments St...
1.12k  331.75k 4 years ago
1.12k 331.75k 4 years ago by zeldazonk

Other topics for Airline Specific Forums

Middle East Airlines Forum Emirates, Gulf, Etihad, Qatar.......
718  4k 1 month ago
718 4k 1 month ago by anniesteuber
Easyjet Forum dedicated to Easy world..!
266  595.08k 9 months ago
266 595.08k 9 months ago by KL17
Qantas UK Forum For those working at Qantas UK
31  372.62k 1 year ago
31 372.62k 1 year ago by Charles Carter
Thomson Airways Thomson Airways including First Choice
93  408.42k 1 year ago
93 408.42k 1 year ago by David_Hume
Virgin Atlantic Specific to Virgin Atlantic!
162  634.29k 1 year ago
162 634.29k 1 year ago by Lisa Harle