profile image
brighton_rocks
General Info and questions about Mixed Fleet
profile image
woolridgekelly
Hi Zoe, hope you don't mind me messaging you - we have the same start date for BA! So exciting. I am from the Midlands, not far from Birmingham. I am also going to need accommodation for the training then thinking of staying there for the first few months. We could potentially share accommodation? Myself and a few others have mentioned making a Facebook group for this date, if you're up for it I will add you? :) xx
profile image
Tashaw
Hi guys, really random post but does anyone that currently works as MF crew wear their hair with a fringe? I currently have a full fringe (which I know needs to be above the eyebrows as per uniform regs) but I just wondered if anyone actually wears a full fringe or does the hat interfere? I quite like having a fringe but am considering I might need to grow this out! Comments on this appriciated! Xx
profile image
FlyMeHigh
Hey guys just seen my training course is "NEM294A" does the "A" donate A380?

Anyone know?
profile image
user16937
No not nessasary.
profile image
ccalixto
Hello.
How long does it take to become a CSM with BA?
profile image
user16937
Depends how much you grovel and live for the company.
profile image
wowzimmer
I thought I would add this here as I was looking at how mixed fleet pay conditions compare against other airlines - in light of what Unite is saying about the actual earnings being lower than advertised. I contacted BA and they basically said that there were plenty of people who still wanted the job.

“We regularly recruit for Mixed Fleet cabin crew and we have lots of interest. In 2016 we received 31,000 applications for 2,000 cabin crew roles. We have more than 1,000 successful candidates who are due to participate in one of our training courses between now and March 2017.”

I've included all the details here:
http://www.paddleyourownkanoo.com/2017/02/02/british-airways-tells-cabin-crew-theres-plenty-people-want-job/#.WJRN5pGQGf0
profile image
beck smith
Hello! I wonder if anyone can help me. I attended my AD on the 24th November and shortly after received news of getting the job. Sterling have had my forms for just over two months as I'm disregarding the Christmas period. At the beginning they were really sloppy and kept making errors with my references, such as sending the wrong dates to one causing delay. Luckily, because I ring them/email them every week or whenever a problem occurs, I think they are finalising my references. I'm not hugely anticipating a start date soon as the wait time has given me chance to finish my notice, move back to Yorkshire from the Cotswolds to spend time with family and friends, and also search for property with my partner in London. A girl that I made friends with at my AD has received her date; 28th March, Security watchdogs did her referencing but as she is younger (18 and I'm 23) I presume her referencing was completed quicker.

I have a few questions regarding the next steps. I used to perform on the Disney Cruise lines, so when I got that job, I had to attend medicals and also obtain a C1/D visa. Now because I have this visa, does anyone know if I have to renew it (it expires in 10 years) or if I have to receive a completely new one as I assume mine only applies to Bahamian waters which is where I was based with DCL.

Do you have to buy luggage during your training? I've seen a few posts about purchased suitcases but I've heard that the guidelines are black cases only, no logos and no gold/silver tags etc.

Is anyone willing to add me on facebook, to answer some niggling questions?! Haha.

https://www.facebook.com/paninicake93

Thanks!
profile image
user16937
Originally posted by @beck smith
Hello! I wonder if anyone can help me. I attended my AD on the 24th November and shortly after received news of getting the job. Sterling have had my forms for just over two months as I'm disregarding the Christmas period. At the beginning they were really sloppy and kept making errors with my references, such as sending the wrong dates to one causing delay. Luckily, because I ring them/email them every week or whenever a problem occurs, I think they are finalising my references. I'm not hugely anticipating a start date soon as the wait time has given me chance to finish my notice, move back to Yorkshire from the Cotswolds to spend time with family and friends, and also search for property with my partner in London. A girl that I made friends with at my AD has received her date; 28th March, Security watchdogs did her referencing but as she is younger (18 and I'm 23) I presume her referencing was completed quicker.

I have a few questions regarding the next steps. I used to perform on the Disney Cruise lines, so when I got that job, I had to attend medicals and also obtain a C1/D visa. Now because I have this visa, does anyone know if I have to renew it (it expires in 10 years) or if I have to receive a completely new one as I assume mine only applies to Bahamian waters which is where I was based with DCL.

Do you have to buy luggage during your training? I've seen a few posts about purchased suitcases but I've heard that the guidelines are black cases only, no logos and no gold/silver tags etc.

Is anyone willing to add me on facebook, to answer some niggling questions?! Haha.

https://www.facebook.com/paninicake93

Thanks!

Your Visa is valid with anyone and any company as it's personal not company... so that's one thing you can forget and not worry about.
You may have to apply for B1/B2 as you need that as crew for America as well.
Suitcases need to be black. Trolley bags for cabin need to be size recommended for customers ... TRIPP luggage seem to be very popular. My partner has topper, cabin and medium (for longer trips and standby)
profile image
Quastie1
When I flew in the States, most flight crews bought Travelpro luggage; it is the best. More expensive, but the wheels are very sturdy, and that is what you need as a Cabin Crew member, as your luggage truly takes a beating!

I found out they have a Travelpro website here in the UK:

http://travelpro.co.uk/showbrand.asp?id=35

Other discussions going on within British Airways

Uniform
69  113.93k 8 months ago
69 113.93k 8 months ago by Marky Mcdoe
British Airways - Training Dat... I received confirmation on 17th February that I ha...
0  1.32k -
0 1.32k -
Accomodation, Specific to BA
1.35k  388.62k 2 years ago
1.35k 388.62k 2 years ago by Dolly1988
Assessments, interviews & star...
11.31k  2k 2 years ago
11.31k 2k 2 years ago by DavyP1972
LGW: Interviews Assessments St...
1.12k  331.74k 4 years ago
1.12k 331.74k 4 years ago by zeldazonk

Other topics for Airline Specific Forums

FLYBE News and Views from those at Flybe
27  193.68k 2 years ago
27 193.68k 2 years ago by juankax
Aer Lingus All posts relating to Aer Lingus
39  427.34k 11 months ago
39 427.34k 11 months ago by Aaron
Middle East Airlines Forum Emirates, Gulf, Etihad, Qatar.......
718  4k 1 month ago
718 4k 1 month ago by anniesteuber
Thomson Airways Thomson Airways including First Choice
93  408.24k 1 year ago
93 408.24k 1 year ago by David_Hume
Virgin Atlantic Specific to Virgin Atlantic!
162  634.11k 1 year ago
162 634.11k 1 year ago by Lisa Harle