profile image
brighton_rocks
General Info and questions about Mixed Fleet
profile image
aimeea
Originally posted by @emilyglynn
Thank you so much for your help!

I had already bought the same 2 suitcases as yourself so that is perfect then! I've just ordered the topper now too

Thanks again x

No problem xxx
profile image
nwoldan90
Hi just wondering how did it go? In the same situation here and about to go through all the checks. Am I wasting my time? Hope you got through!
profile image
nwoldan90
Hi everyone!

Just a quick question...anyone here with poor credit score and past ccjs? I'm worried I'm worried BA is going to withdraw my job offer due to poor credit history? Due to my stupidity I have ccj and it stays on record for 6 years but payed off in full. Will that matter?

Thanks for your help ??
profile image
user16937
No it's not that sort of checks they are looking for its criminal records, i.e. Anything that can effect the security of the airport, if they sacked or disciplined every crew member with bad credit there would be no airline lol so no you will be fine
profile image
essex_luke
Hi All, Can anyone tell me the payment date in February for wages for mixed fleet? Am I also right in thinking that we get paid every 4 weeks? I am due to start my training on the 16th Feb and I am trying to work out my finances now so that I don't leave myself short when on basic. Thank you in advanced for any help.

Luke.

*appologies if this comes up twice I don't think it posted last night*
profile image
user16937
Hi guys! I've just got my start date through for the 20th of Feb but because of my current notice period and some other logistic reasons I asked BA if it would be possible to get the date moved back for two weeks. They got back to me telling it's ok but they don't have more training courses starting in February as of yet and they could put me on hold until March when more start dates come up. I just wanted to ask if any of you have experience in deferring your start date and if it took you long time for getting an offer for a new one? Also we're you able to start you stage two checks before your new date?
profile image
Shizzle78
Hey there,
Just a quick one am an ex emirates cabincrew with 8 yrs experience. I was in BA interview today but i got rejected....I have been trying to ask myself what i did wrong as in we did role plays which went well and theres nothing if called again i would change but initially when i go there handing my documents the lady at the desk was like 'oh your visa expires in May 2018'. She left and went to talk to someone about it and came back and told me you know you have to renew this...which i said i was going to.

Anyway i am kenyan and on spouse visa. I have been in UK now 4yrs and 2019 i apply for citizenship/uk passport but my current visa is to expire May 2018.

I am still in shock and wondering could this be the issue? Could my accent also affect me being selected?...in the role play i was participated and worked as team.

Do you think there's anyone i could ask what i did wrong? I really really wanted this...I try again next time but at the moment its just like wanting closure.

Thanks for your time and safe skies.
profile image
user16937
In the application information it say you need to have the perm rights to live and work in U.K... so it could of been your visa, as there is a poss that's you get the job, go through training but then get refused a visa, so it would be waste of time and money to them and you.
profile image
aimeea
as well as a possibility of your visa experiencing being an issue, a girl on my assessment day had worked for emirates and unfortunately got rejected, she was lovely and obviously had experience... but you never know what they are looking for x
profile image
NewHopefulFlyer
Originally posted by @Shizzle78
Hey there,
Just a quick one am an ex emirates cabincrew with 8 yrs experience. I was in BA interview today but i got rejected....I have been trying to ask myself what i did wrong as in we did role plays which went well and theres nothing if called again i would change but initially when i go there handing my documents the lady at the desk was like 'oh your visa expires in May 2018'. She left and went to talk to someone about it and came back and told me you know you have to renew this...which i said i was going to.

Anyway i am kenyan and on spouse visa. I have been in UK now 4yrs and 2019 i apply for citizenship/uk passport but my current visa is to expire May 2018.

I am still in shock and wondering could this be the issue? Could my accent also affect me being selected?...in the role play i was participated and worked as team.

Do you think there's anyone i could ask what i did wrong? I really really wanted this...I try again next time but at the moment its just like wanting closure.

Thanks for your time and safe skies.

Your visa probably might've been the main problem... For some people it takes months to finish referencing and then time between starting training dates and officially working.. so if you got through might even take til the end of 2017 for you to actually start training/working. Just a guess but maybe it was easier for them to reject you on that basis to cut people down faster? All the best though!

Other discussions going on within British Airways

Uniform
69  113.94k 8 months ago
69 113.94k 8 months ago by Marky Mcdoe
British Airways - Training Dat... I received confirmation on 17th February that I ha...
0  1.38k -
0 1.38k -
Accomodation, Specific to BA
1.35k  388.65k 2 years ago
1.35k 388.65k 2 years ago by Dolly1988
Assessments, interviews & star...
11.31k  2k 2 years ago
11.31k 2k 2 years ago by DavyP1972
LGW: Interviews Assessments St...
1.12k  331.75k 4 years ago
1.12k 331.75k 4 years ago by zeldazonk

Other topics for Airline Specific Forums

Regional Airline Operators For those who are operating regional services
10  67.47k 4 years ago
10 67.47k 4 years ago by user16937
Middle East Airlines Forum Emirates, Gulf, Etihad, Qatar.......
718  4k 1 month ago
718 4k 1 month ago by anniesteuber
Aer Lingus All posts relating to Aer Lingus
39  427.49k 1 year ago
39 427.49k 1 year ago by Aaron
Jet2 All posts relating to Jet2
64  248.75k 11 months ago
64 248.75k 11 months ago by Andrew E. Briscoe
Virgin Atlantic Specific to Virgin Atlantic!
162  634.29k 1 year ago
162 634.29k 1 year ago by Lisa Harle