profile image
brighton_rocks
General Info and questions about Mixed Fleet
profile image
Bob Slager
Hi guys,

I have an question regarding history check.

My history checks are now ongoing for a good 4 months. Security Watchdog is my contact agent and said that they are required for an CRC from the country I previously lived in. Now knowing what to do and how to apply, either BA or Security Watchdog need to assist by ticking the box for what reason I need to apply the CRC as it goes according job nature. BA unfortunately never replied and Security Watchdog says that they are not authorized to make this decision since we will not be employed by them. It is such an hassle knowing that this is just the last check, which could have been completed long ago.

Any advise or perhaps contact number from BA recruitment?

Your help is very very much appreciated!

Wishing you all a merry merry Xmas :)
profile image
user16937
Hi svlcrew i just read you had your USA visa appointment already, i wanted to ask you something about it. On the email it says we need to obtain a C1/D and B1/B2 crew visa and to follow the instruction they sent to complete the DS-160 form. If i follow their instructions it only says to Select ‘CREWMEMBER (D)’ from the dropdown menu but nothing about the B1/B2 OR C1. Did you just select D as the instructions are saying ? And my starting date is on the 26/01/2017 but same thing they didnt tell me anything about the CRC.
profile image
ErikaLouise
What lipstick is okay for MF?
Also hair styles ideas? Can I wear hair down or has to be up in a bun?
Shoes, what shoes are good? My friend wears tom's but she is a FA for a different airline. Shoes have to be black and can't have anything on them right?
profile image
user16937
Originally posted by @Quastie1
Does anyone know if one can eventually change their base from Mixed Fleet to Gatwick at any time?

I assume you mean once employed. There are transfer lists and it's done on a swap basis, so say 10 want to go to LHR then 10 can go to LGW
profile image
aimeea
red or nude lipstick, more likely red. Hair has to be above the collar, most wear a bun or other cute updos. Shoes a loafer style no designs/bows/buckles/fancy stitching, heel separate from base sole of the shoe so no ballet style flats, black shoes. There are shoes sold at the training centre that are perfect uniform standard though, so don't worry about buying them before hand
profile image
Imnewhere
Hi guys, does anyone know what we can do with short hair? I have shoulder length hair which basically sits on my shoulders if not a little bit higher than my shoulders, would I be able to leave it open? I am not able to do a bun with that length of hair.

thankyouuuu
profile image
emilyglynn
I've bought a cabin suitcase and medium suitcase, would you be able to tell me if I need a holdall as well? And if so what type?
Thank you
profile image
aimeea
As far as I've seen in the uniform standards, hair can't be below your collar
profile image
aimeea
I would say to get a topper for your case

The cases I bought were the
'Tripp holiday 5. 4 wheel cabin bag'
'Tripp holiday 5. 4 wheel medium suitcase'
'Tripp full circle flight bag' as a topper for essentials because this can hold shoes etc when flying so you don't need to dig around your bag. A topper is a must in my opinion for extra things, you're also allowed one every flight in your luggage allowance so definitely get one

I've linked them all
https://www.tripp.co.uk/tripp-holiday-5-4-wheel-cabin-suitcase-black/p2546

https://www.tripp.co.uk/tripp-holiday-5-4-wheel-medium-suitcase-black/p2544

https://www.tripp.co.uk/tripp-full-circle-flight-bag-black/p2536

The topper is the perfect size too x
profile image
emilyglynn
Thank you so much for your help!

I had already bought the same 2 suitcases as yourself so that is perfect then! I've just ordered the topper now too

Thanks again x

Other discussions going on within British Airways

Uniform
69  113.94k 8 months ago
69 113.94k 8 months ago by Marky Mcdoe
British Airways - Training Dat... I received confirmation on 17th February that I ha...
0  1.37k -
0 1.37k -
Accomodation, Specific to BA
1.35k  388.65k 2 years ago
1.35k 388.65k 2 years ago by Dolly1988
Assessments, interviews & star...
11.31k  2k 2 years ago
11.31k 2k 2 years ago by DavyP1972
LGW: Interviews Assessments St...
1.12k  331.75k 4 years ago
1.12k 331.75k 4 years ago by zeldazonk

Other topics for Airline Specific Forums

Middle East Airlines Forum Emirates, Gulf, Etihad, Qatar.......
718  4k 1 month ago
718 4k 1 month ago by anniesteuber
Jet2 All posts relating to Jet2
64  248.73k 11 months ago
64 248.73k 11 months ago by Andrew E. Briscoe
Easyjet Forum dedicated to Easy world..!
266  595.05k 9 months ago
266 595.05k 9 months ago by KL17
Virgin Atlantic Specific to Virgin Atlantic!
162  634.27k 1 year ago
162 634.27k 1 year ago by Lisa Harle
FLYBE News and Views from those at Flybe
27  193.76k 3 years ago
27 193.76k 3 years ago by juankax