profile image
brighton_rocks
General Info and questions about Mixed Fleet
profile image
aimeea
they are probably asking as they are high risk areas which some airlines have stopped flying to, so they just want to confirm it was a holiday x
profile image
Chelsea479
Hey guys,

I am starting my training on 12th jan, anyone recently who has completed training what days did you do the training....I know it is not mon-fri not sure if its the same for everyone?

Also where do you get your luggage from- do they recommend a specific roller case etc?

Chelsea :)
profile image
vseroy
Oh would you mind ? I would love to know :)
profile image
John Campbell
Hello,

I have a few questions I'd like to ask and I'd be grateful for any advice!

1. For crew baggage, is BA strict on crew luggage, would I be able to take a case into the cabin that is slightly larger than IATA size? What are the limits? I try not to put luggage in the hold, obviously depending on trip length.

2. Can you request long sleeve shirts at the uniform fitting? I just prefer long sleeve.

3. At training do they require you to have a tablet device or is it paper manuals?

Thanks
profile image
user16937
Originally posted by @FlyGuy258
Hello,

1. For crew baggage, is BA strict on crew luggage, would I be able to take a case into the cabin that is slightly larger than IATA size? What are the limits? I try not to put luggage in the hold, obviously depending on trip length.

2. Can you request long sleeve shirts at the uniform fitting? I just prefer long sleeve.

3. At training do they require you to have a tablet device or is it paper manuals?

Thanks

BA are meant to be strict with the crew baggage but they would not measure it, but if it was huge then they may react. mine is slightly bigger than reg's but I have used it 18 yrs lol

The uniform has long sleeves but not sure if MF are allowed them, let me check

They like you to have an iPad, however they will provide one.. so best to use theirs as they will not cover any damage to yours.

Hope that helps
profile image
user16937
Hello,

Thanks

This is from BA Uniform book:

The long or short-sleeved blouse may be worn with the skirt/trousers at any time of year.
• Long sleeved blouses need to fasten at the wrists and should never be rolled up.
profile image
John Campbell
Thank you for the reply!

I think I'll play it safe and then see what I can get away with. I just prefer not to put a case in the hold. I have the usual wheely and topper, do you think I could use another topper/hold-all on my case or are they picky about how you look going through the terminal?

Thanks for the info on the iPad!

As for uniform, I know many airlines are strict on you making alterations on uniform but I've seen some crew which it just hangs off! Are BA a big no no on this?
profile image
user16937
profile image
NVM
Where can I live that's cheap for my 6 weeks of training? I don't want something expensive bcos I'm coming from up in Yorkshire and will be leaving my job. I need something close , cheap and realiable.
profile image
user16937
Thank you for the reply!

I think I'll play it safe and then see what I can get away with. I just prefer not to put a case in the hold. I have the usual wheely and topper, do you think I could use another topper/hold-all on my case or are they picky about how you look going through the terminal?

Thanks for the info on the iPad!

As for uniform, I know many airlines are strict on you making alterations on uniform but I've seen some crew which it just hangs off! Are BA a big no no on this?

With short haul you are not able to hold load anyway so take topper and wheelie. With long haul you could take a wheelie and a topper. The topper as long as black does not as far as aware have a size, I can look into it for you.

As for uniform they have recently got strict on altering but minor ones you could get away with.

Other discussions going on within British Airways

Uniform
69  113.93k 8 months ago
69 113.93k 8 months ago by Marky Mcdoe
British Airways - Training Dat... I received confirmation on 17th February that I ha...
0  1.32k -
0 1.32k -
Accomodation, Specific to BA
1.35k  388.62k 2 years ago
1.35k 388.62k 2 years ago by Dolly1988
Assessments, interviews & star...
11.31k  2k 2 years ago
11.31k 2k 2 years ago by DavyP1972
LGW: Interviews Assessments St...
1.12k  331.74k 4 years ago
1.12k 331.74k 4 years ago by zeldazonk

Other topics for Airline Specific Forums

Virgin Atlantic Specific to Virgin Atlantic!
162  634.12k 1 year ago
162 634.12k 1 year ago by Lisa Harle
Aer Lingus All posts relating to Aer Lingus
39  427.34k 11 months ago
39 427.34k 11 months ago by Aaron
FLYBE News and Views from those at Flybe
27  193.69k 2 years ago
27 193.69k 2 years ago by juankax
Middle East Airlines Forum Emirates, Gulf, Etihad, Qatar.......
718  4k 1 month ago
718 4k 1 month ago by anniesteuber
Easyjet Forum dedicated to Easy world..!
266  594.82k 8 months ago
266 594.82k 8 months ago by KL17