Search
Latest Posts
- Manchester AD 6th Sept Parking fine
- Oman Air Time line
- 2018 Final Interview Experience& waiting time
- Retirement age at Emirates
- Emirates Medical
- Emirates rejected again!
- Emirates- Retrying before the 6 months?!
- BA training accommodation offer Heathrow mixfleet
- Emirates joining formalities in progress help
- EK doj 14th of September?

Fixed term contract

Author
  Topic Started By:  Kayleigh6244    On:  Thu 13th September, 2018 at 22:28
Kayleigh6244
United Kingdom
#2  Fixed term contract  Posted 13/09/2018 at 22:28
I am currently waiting for a training date for easyJet.

I have applied for permanent, but if they offer me fixed term I want to keep my options open.

My question: the fixed term for easyJet is 10/12. Would we receive the basic pay over the two months we wouldn’t be flying?
         Jump to Top
pegasus
United Kingdom
#3  Re: Fixed term contract  Posted 14/09/2018 at 00:48
In reply to post #2...
At the assessment day they said that the basic pay for the 10/12 contract is spread over the 12 months. So 10 months salary paid over 12 months. From what I remember the basic salary was about 8k so about £670 a month....
         Jump to Top
HQentity
Groupie
United Kingdom
#4  Re: Fixed term contract  Posted 14/09/2018 at 14:27
In reply to post #2...
Hiya Kayleigh!

So there's a few different contracts available - the "10/12" is different from "fixed term".

"Fixed term" is a temporary contract that lasts a set amount of time (usually a summer - April to October). After that, you may or may not be offered to stay.

"10/12" is, as explained, 10 months working, 2 months off, with 10 month's salary pay across 12 months. Your other pay (flights, commission, nightstops, disruption, leave etc) is always paid 1 month in arrears - if you are off for January, your pay in January is for December's flights, and February you'll get only basic salary.

Your yearly maximum hours remain the same as 10/12, so you'll work hard in the summer.

-

Depending on the base you apply for, you can progress to 12/12 all year cabin crew very quickly. I did one year fixed term, one winter 10/12 then immediately 12/12 at LGW. The bigger the base, the better. :)
- Easyjet LGW (A319/A320)
         Jump to Top