profile image
Topgun15
Fired from qatar, planning for Emirates
profile image
Topgun15
Should I mention that I worked for QR when interviewing with Emirates? I only worked for 2 months with them and I got fired because I didn't declare a barely visible scar in my forearm which is literally not visible under the uniform, ( got terminated before 2 days from my wings day ), I am planning to surgically remove it, would it be a problem with Emirates ? Can I contact Qatar airways after removing the scar? any help would be much appreciated thank you.
profile image
lemongrass
I wouldn't mention it. I just had my final interview and in my assessment day at the end our recruiter was running us through the final paperwork and said if we've ever been fired don't tell anyone that! Also, the scar should be fine. Just hide it

Good luck
profile image
Cabin Crew Consultant
I would be honest personally, as later down the line they could find out and then they would question your honesty/integrity which is important as cabin crew. After all, you have nothing to be ashamed of. It is not unheard of for new cabin crew at Qatar to be let go after finding they did not declare a scar, so it's always better to be honest. For example, a cabin crew instructor will be able to tell if you had cabin crew training before or not... questions may be asked. No, your scar would not be a problem for EK. You could try going back to Qatar, but I suspect they would not be happy if they still have you on record... but you never know!
profile image
abdulrahman111
How did they get to know about the scar? Did you reveal it to them or did they happen to see it themselves?
profile image
Danie A
Hi, my friend had applied for rejoining cabin crew and he received a mail that it was rejected after being screened by recruitment. I don’t know the reason why . Welfare was not informed as he just applied through the online process. Do you’ll think welfare can help me in this case if I bring it up ? Or what can I do for them to reconsider his file. He has no issues whatsoever.

Other discussions going on within Middle East Airlines Forum

Emirates Qualifications Query
4  2.23k 2 years ago
4 2.23k 2 years ago by david kane
Qatar Amiri flight is hiring f...
8  7.57k 1 year ago
8 7.57k 1 year ago by su xeko
Emirates mental health medical...
8  2.9k 1 month ago
8 2.9k 1 month ago by anniesteuber
Inflight Chef Etihad, Turkish...
6  1.03k 1 month ago
6 1.03k 1 month ago by sayeed shazz
Emirates HR contact email addr...
29  43.01k 1 month ago
29 43.01k 1 month ago by Jovitamaketa280

Other topics for Airline Specific Forums

Aer Lingus All posts relating to Aer Lingus
39  427.34k 11 months ago
39 427.34k 11 months ago by Aaron
Jet2 All posts relating to Jet2
64  248.52k 10 months ago
64 248.52k 10 months ago by Andrew E. Briscoe
Easyjet Forum dedicated to Easy world..!
266  594.82k 8 months ago
266 594.82k 8 months ago by KL17
British Airways Specific to British Airways
40  6k 8 months ago
40 6k 8 months ago by Marky Mcdoe
Qantas UK Forum For those working at Qantas UK
31  372.52k 1 year ago
31 372.52k 1 year ago by Charles Carter