Search
Latest Posts
- Accomodation, Specific to BA
- Single room near Heathrow share with ba crew
- Qatar On Boarding Zone
- Qatar Reassessment
- Short-listed application for Etihad
- Assessment day in Dubai
- Does Etihad accept ex Emirates Cabin Crew?
- Assessments, interviews & start dates
- Furnished Double Room £600 PCM -Heathrow
- General Info and questions about Mixed Fleet

Emirates

Author
  Topic Started By:  hala1998    On:  Thu 23rd January, 2020 at 17:03
hala1998
#2  Emirates  Posted 23/01/2020 at 17:03
Hi everyone

I have a question. I plan on attending an open day in the spring and I am wondering if they will test me in a language besides English? I was born and raised in the US so English is my native language, but I come from a middle eastern background so Arabic is my second language. I speak informal Arabic, not formal Arabic. Should I disclose that on my CV?
         Jump to Top
newbie12345
#3  Re: Emirates  Posted 30/01/2020 at 15:21
In reply to post #2...
They don't test language skills at the open day/assessment day - They may ask what other languages you speak but they won't test it. They will only test English if it isn't someones first language through a link just before the final interviews but this wouldnt apply to you. I would definitely mention it in your CV as it will make you more valuable than those who can't speak other languages but be specific of what strain of arabic you speak.

Good luck xo
         Jump to Top
bigpup
#4  Re: Emirates  Posted 31/01/2020 at 07:46
They will ask you to only declare any languages that you are fluent in. But bear in mind that once a language is put on your profile, you can never remove it.

A common issue i see between Arabic speakers is that they can hardly swap their flights. It is compulsory to have an Arabic speaker on each flight, so it makes it hard to swap unless you are swapping with another language speaker.

Good luck!
         Jump to Top