H.Sparda
Emirates visible scar policy
profile image
H.Sparda
Hello everyone this is my first post here
I attended emirates OD in Tunisia on the 10th of August
It was my first time applying for cabin crew
1st day CV drop then I got an email to join the assessment day on the 11th
I got really lucky and made it to the last portion of the process. I was given a tattoos and scar document in which I had to declare if I had any scars and I did so.
I have 2 surgical scars on my right arm. One on my forearm and another one on my thumb. They were both done by a surgeon in order to reattach my ruptured tendons.
The surgery was successful and I have full control of both my arm and hand.
The only thing left to remind me of that dreaded accident was the scars.
As soon as I showed both the recruiters my scars I kinda knew through their body language that I was done for so I kinda became apathetic about the rest of the process. I still got a set date for the final interview and I was informed by one of the recruiters that I might have to upload pictures of my scars. I feel really down right now and I do not even know if I should finish the rest of the recruitment process.
I was told by other applicants that I have just diminished my chances to get accepted by declaring and showing my scars.
I just want to know if anyone has a visible scar, got asked to send pictures of it and still got accepted by the emirates recruitment team.
I know this turned out to be a long post so thank you for your attention and time.
profile image
Cabin Crew Consultant
Don't give up - you have done well to get this far.... the scars are not the be all and end all. If the recruiters were not happy with you at the OD, they would have not invited you for interview. The EK medical team will look into it (if they have any concern and you are asked for photos) but also you have to declare them - not just for how visible they are (for some very visible scars, they might question what the injury was and would it affect your medical fitness) but also for identification purposes. Also, sometimes people don't declare tattoos etc. which can put them in a difficult position later when they are found at the medical stage... honesty is very important in cabin crew role. See how things go now and hopefully you will do well at the interview and if it doesn't work out, just try another airline in the Middle East...but as I said, don't give up!
profile image
H.Sparda
I'm gonna see how things go on my FI, if I happen to be unsuccessful i'm gonna have them removed with a cosmetic surgery and reapply after six months.
Thank you for your kind words. Much love.
profile image
amine amen
Please in case you done. Let me know where and Doctor name. Takem years and still didnt find.
But continue and you never know with Airline nowadays.
All best

Other discussions going on within Middle East Airlines Forum

Inflight Chef Etihad, Turkish...
6  1.09k 1 month ago
6 1.09k 1 month ago by sayeed shazz
Emirates Qualifications Query
4  2.25k 2 years ago
4 2.25k 2 years ago by david kane
Emirates app - complete in one...
7  1.83k 1 year ago
7 1.83k 1 year ago by hoai88
Qatar Amiri flight is hiring f...
8  8.1k 1 year ago
8 8.1k 1 year ago by su xeko
Emirates mental health medical...
8  2.9k 1 month ago
8 2.9k 1 month ago by anniesteuber

Other topics for Airline Specific Forums

British Airways Specific to British Airways
40  6k 8 months ago
40 6k 8 months ago by Marky Mcdoe
FLYBE News and Views from those at Flybe
27  193.76k 3 years ago
27 193.76k 3 years ago by juankax
Virgin Atlantic Specific to Virgin Atlantic!
162  634.27k 1 year ago
162 634.27k 1 year ago by Lisa Harle
Easyjet Forum dedicated to Easy world..!
266  595.06k 9 months ago
266 595.06k 9 months ago by KL17
Thomson Airways Thomson Airways including First Choice
93  408.4k 1 year ago
93 408.4k 1 year ago by David_Hume