profile image
bd981
Emirates Video Interview
profile image
bd981
Hey folks!

I have applied back in December for an EK assessment day but I haven’t received any email from them, I assumed I was not selected for the event and moved on. But today I received an email saying I was selected to do a video Interview. To my knowledge VI’s are part of the application to attend Assessment day events but the AD date was in December?! I don’t understand what’s the point of doing this VI now or what purpose it’s gonna serve.

Are there any other candidates who had a VI without an AD date?
I am currently a CC with QR for 4+ years serving business class.

I was wondering if they have a separate recruitment process for current crew or something like that, because so far there are no assessment days in my country (where I initially applied)

Thanks for the help

PS: any one having Q’s about QR or Etihad drop them here I will be glad to answer. 3 years with Etihad and 4 with QR ;)
profile image
TangoFlyer
Hello BD981,

Since you didn't mention the location of your December AD with EK, I'm going to presume it was Dubai? Right now, on the EK careers portal, there is an upcoming Invite Only AD in DXB, which is "To-Be-Communicated," and if I'm going to make an educated guess, that's the one you are most likely to be slotted in, should your VI be successful. Also, the Blockade - I doubt there would be any ADs in Doha, either. Lastly, as far as I know, EK has a different recruitment process reserved only for their Ex-crew. My suggestion, prep for that VI, and get it done ASAP, be glad you are (somewhat) still in the running for the role until they say you are out.

tanG0.
profile image
bd981
Thanks for the reply!

I initially applied for an AD in UK on their website but I didn’t receive anything so I assumed I wasn’t selected. Fast forward 2 months later I get this email for the VI which was somewhat weird. On the email it does not say anything about a “location” it only mentions “emirates cabin crew registration” and status “submitted - updated 29 February”.
My only concern if I make it on this VI I wouldn’t be able to attend the AD or whatever event they will assign for me. QR rosters are pretty packed with most crew flying +110hrs and minimal days off.
profile image
Since you've offered, I'd like to ask if you recommend going for Etihad's CV drop once my online application was not shortlisted. Would you recommend it?
profile image
TangoFlyer
From what I gather, your application was just not processed since December - it was waiting in line, hence no unsuccessful/regret feedback (it was still a positive outcome).

Now, it draws down to your availability, if you foresee that your roster won't permit you to get away to attend any AD (the UK or Dubai), then you can forgo the VI. Unless you want to experience the VI just to get a feel of it for the future when you reapply- you'll be familiar, what do you stand to lose?

tanG0.
profile image
bd981
Etihad is famous for being highly selective. In my experience over the past 8 years etihad has the most competitive recruitment process ever. If you applied online and did not make it then there is a high chance you might not make it. Even if you go for the drop off and make thro, once they get your file in Abu Dhabi they might cross check and see you have been rejected before.
But my personal recommendation is you have nothing to lose mate, it’s all a game of luck. Just go.
I applied for etihad online as well and made it thro everything (first attempt) thats was many years ago. And I had a friend that attempted etihad 7 times then made it.

Other discussions going on within Middle East Airlines Forum

Emirates Qualifications Query
4  2.23k 2 years ago
4 2.23k 2 years ago by david kane
Qatar Amiri flight is hiring f...
8  7.58k 1 year ago
8 7.58k 1 year ago by su xeko
Emirates mental health medical...
8  2.9k 1 month ago
8 2.9k 1 month ago by anniesteuber
Inflight Chef Etihad, Turkish...
6  1.03k 1 month ago
6 1.03k 1 month ago by sayeed shazz
Emirates HR contact email addr...
29  43.01k 1 month ago
29 43.01k 1 month ago by Jovitamaketa280

Other topics for Airline Specific Forums

Virgin Atlantic Specific to Virgin Atlantic!
162  634.12k 1 year ago
162 634.12k 1 year ago by Lisa Harle
Qantas UK Forum For those working at Qantas UK
31  372.52k 1 year ago
31 372.52k 1 year ago by Charles Carter
British Airways Specific to British Airways
40  6k 8 months ago
40 6k 8 months ago by Marky Mcdoe
Jet2 All posts relating to Jet2
64  248.53k 10 months ago
64 248.53k 10 months ago by Andrew E. Briscoe
Aer Lingus All posts relating to Aer Lingus