Latest Posts
- Qatar Amiri Flight Interview
- Luton Training March 2020
- Laudamotion Training Course Hahn 21/01/2020
- How long to hear from Etihad
- BA mixfleet training accommodation Heathrow offer
- Smartlynx - Self employed Maltese contract
- Rejoinning Emirates- online interview
- Can you join the emirate cabin crew with grade 11?
- Qatar After FI.. Timeline & Forms
- BHX 5th April Training date

Emirates tattoos female

Author
  Topic Started By:  Elizabethxxx    On:  Thu 5th December, 2019 at 17:33
Elizabethxxx
#2  Emirates DOJ in March... but have visible tattoo!!  Posted 05/12/2019 at 17:33
I’m currently in the process of getting a tattoo removed on my ankle however I know it won’t be gone in time. My DOJ for Emirates is in March 2020 but I can’t decide whether to decline the offer altogether, or take a risk and go to Dubai but be fully prepared to potentially be sent home again. I know I’ll be able to cover it whilst in uniform with a make up brand called dermaflage which is INCREDIBLE as it's waterproof and literally does not come off, however I’m just extremely concerned about how much they actually inspect peoples bodies for tattoos etc. Other than the pool training and medical, what other potential situations would they see it?

Are there many people that actually get away with covering their tattoo throughout training? All I’ve ever seen online are stories of people being sent home which is why I’m leaning towards not going at all. I have managed to find a couple of girls through social media who have visible tattoos and got away with it through covering with make up but I'm still feeling sick to my stomach about the whole thing.

Is anyone able to offer any advice or insight, or even what they would do in my situation?

PS. please understand this is an extremely stressful situation as it is so no one comment anything unnecessary or along the lines of you shouldn't have applied knowing you have a visible tattoo etc because I am already aware
Edited 06/01/2020 @ 17:34 Revision #1
         Jump to Top
Elizabethxxx
#3  Re: Emirates tattoos female  Posted 06/01/2020 at 17:54
I’m currently in the process of getting a tattoo removed on my ankle however I know it won’t be gone in time. My DOJ for Emirates is in March 2020 but I can’t decide whether to decline the offer altogether, or take a risk and go to Dubai but be fully prepared to potentially be sent home again. I know I’ll be able to cover it whilst in uniform with a make up brand called dermaflage which is INCREDIBLE as it's waterproof and literally does not come off, however I’m just extremely concerned about how much they actually inspect peoples bodies for tattoos etc. Other than the pool training and medical, what other potential situations would they see it?

Are there many people that actually get away with covering their tattoo throughout training? All I’ve ever seen online are stories of people being sent home which is why I’m leaning towards not going at all. I have managed to find a couple of girls through social media who have visible tattoos and got away with it through covering with make up but I'm still feeling sick to my stomach about the whole thing.

Is anyone able to offer any advice or insight, or even what they would do in my situation?

PS. please understand this is an extremely stressful situation as it is so no one comment anything unnecessary or along the lines of you shouldn't have applied knowing you have a visible tattoo etc because I am already aware
         Jump to Top
mtl_traveler
United States
#4  Re: Emirates tattoos female  Posted 07/01/2020 at 04:50
In reply to post #3...
I can't remember exactly, my medical was in 2013, but I don't remember needing to take my socks off? If your dermablend is good then just go for it.

I had a girl in my batch with an ankle tattoo and they didn't find it.

**Edit: besides the medical, you'll be wearing pants the whole time, even in the swimming training. Just wear the makeup everyday and DON'T tell anyone, even your batchmates.

From what I remember of the medical, it was a nurse that takes your vitals, weighs you, asks you some questions, you pee in a cup, and the doctor came in for like 1 min flat and I don't remember them poking around too much.
Edited 07/01/2020 @ 04:55 Revision #1
         Jump to Top