profile image
Elizabethxxx
Emirates tattoos female
profile image
Elizabethxxx
I’m currently in the process of getting a tattoo removed on my ankle however I know it won’t be gone in time. My DOJ for Emirates is in March 2020 but I can’t decide whether to decline the offer altogether, or take a risk and go to Dubai but be fully prepared to potentially be sent home again. I know I’ll be able to cover it whilst in uniform with a make up brand called dermaflage which is INCREDIBLE as it's waterproof and literally does not come off, however I’m just extremely concerned about how much they actually inspect peoples bodies for tattoos etc. Other than the pool training and medical, what other potential situations would they see it?

Are there many people that actually get away with covering their tattoo throughout training? All I’ve ever seen online are stories of people being sent home which is why I’m leaning towards not going at all. I have managed to find a couple of girls through social media who have visible tattoos and got away with it through covering with make up but I'm still feeling sick to my stomach about the whole thing.

Is anyone able to offer any advice or insight, or even what they would do in my situation?

PS. please understand this is an extremely stressful situation as it is so no one comment anything unnecessary or along the lines of you shouldn't have applied knowing you have a visible tattoo etc because I am already aware
profile image
Elizabethxxx
I’m currently in the process of getting a tattoo removed on my ankle however I know it won’t be gone in time. My DOJ for Emirates is in March 2020 but I can’t decide whether to decline the offer altogether, or take a risk and go to Dubai but be fully prepared to potentially be sent home again. I know I’ll be able to cover it whilst in uniform with a make up brand called dermaflage which is INCREDIBLE as it's waterproof and literally does not come off, however I’m just extremely concerned about how much they actually inspect peoples bodies for tattoos etc. Other than the pool training and medical, what other potential situations would they see it?

Are there many people that actually get away with covering their tattoo throughout training? All I’ve ever seen online are stories of people being sent home which is why I’m leaning towards not going at all. I have managed to find a couple of girls through social media who have visible tattoos and got away with it through covering with make up but I'm still feeling sick to my stomach about the whole thing.

Is anyone able to offer any advice or insight, or even what they would do in my situation?

PS. please understand this is an extremely stressful situation as it is so no one comment anything unnecessary or along the lines of you shouldn't have applied knowing you have a visible tattoo etc because I am already aware
profile image
mtl_traveler
I can't remember exactly, my medical was in 2013, but I don't remember needing to take my socks off? If your dermablend is good then just go for it.

I had a girl in my batch with an ankle tattoo and they didn't find it.

**Edit: besides the medical, you'll be wearing pants the whole time, even in the swimming training. Just wear the makeup everyday and DON'T tell anyone, even your batchmates.

From what I remember of the medical, it was a nurse that takes your vitals, weighs you, asks you some questions, you pee in a cup, and the doctor came in for like 1 min flat and I don't remember them poking around too much.

Other discussions going on within Middle East Airlines Forum

Inflight Chef Etihad, Turkish...
6  1.09k 1 month ago
6 1.09k 1 month ago by sayeed shazz
Emirates Qualifications Query
4  2.25k 2 years ago
4 2.25k 2 years ago by david kane
Emirates app - complete in one...
7  1.83k 1 year ago
7 1.83k 1 year ago by hoai88
Qatar Amiri flight is hiring f...
8  8.08k 1 year ago
8 8.08k 1 year ago by su xeko
Emirates mental health medical...
8  2.9k 1 month ago
8 2.9k 1 month ago by anniesteuber

Other topics for Airline Specific Forums

Jet2 All posts relating to Jet2
64  248.71k 11 months ago
64 248.71k 11 months ago by Andrew E. Briscoe
Easyjet Forum dedicated to Easy world..!
266  595.02k 8 months ago
266 595.02k 8 months ago by KL17
British Airways Specific to British Airways
40  6k 8 months ago
40 6k 8 months ago by Marky Mcdoe
Aer Lingus All posts relating to Aer Lingus
39  427.45k 1 year ago
39 427.45k 1 year ago by Aaron
Thomson Airways Thomson Airways including First Choice
93  408.38k 1 year ago
93 408.38k 1 year ago by David_Hume