- No email alert for October recruitment

Emirates salary

Next >
Author
  Topic Started By:  lauraJayne    On:  Wed 16th December, 2009 at 13:33
lauraJayne
United Kingdom
#1  Emirates salary  Posted 16/12/2009 at 13:33
Can anybody give me an indication of the starting salary working as cabin crew for Emirates,

Pleeeaaassee Smile

Jump to Top
rachelvalensi
#2  Re: Emirates salary  Posted 16/12/2009 at 15:54

lauraJayne - READ. If you can't find it here, ALL the info about EK salary is on the Emirates Group Careers website.  But as its the season of goodwill...

Its not great, you only receive basic (around 3,500 AED) during training and then, depending on roster you can expect to earn between 9,000 and 11,000 pcm as grade 2 cabin crew and this will increase with time served, seniority, upgrades etc etc. it's a comfortable wage cosidering your accommodation is paid for but beware as a lot of new starters are being accommodated further and further away from Dubai in Al Gusais and even Sharjah.

Hope that helps.
         Jump to Top
richie_uae
#3  Re: Emirates salary  Posted 17/12/2009 at 08:07
FYI: Al Quasais isn't THAT far from EGHQ, infact - it's closer than SZR where most of the crew live these days.

Garhoud for Life, yo!
         Jump to Top
rachelvalensi
#4  Re: Emirates salary  Posted 17/12/2009 at 08:28

yes but its definitely NOT the shiny brand new apartments like millenium they like to show off in the recruitment vids - and yes, Al Gusais is closer to EKHQ - but that's all!! I'd rather be closer to my friends and family, and things to DO than work, personally...

Al Barsha all the way ;)
         Jump to Top
Trixxy
United Kingdom
#5  Re: Emirates salary  Posted 23/12/2009 at 09:44

What???? Have you actually been to any of the buildings in Qusais?? They're far nicer than most of the ones i've seen on SZR. Balconies, sliding glass doors, windows that actually open, all en-suite bathrooms, lots of floor space etc. Especially some of the newer ones out Sharjah way.... they're just gorgeous.... brand new and very ''shiny''. Okay so it's not the best area but hey don't knock the apartments. I would rather live in a lovely big apartment in Qusais than in a box on SZR any day.

Al Qusais all the way baby.... LOL! Wink
         Jump to Top
ks25
Groupie
#6  Re: Emirates salary  Posted 23/12/2009 at 20:32
Hi everyone i don't know if the above figures are old but i just got my contract today from Emirates. It says my Basic is Dhs 3,915 and my hourly rate is Dhs 53.50 Im not sure how many hours you fly a month 90? But that seems pretty good considering your not paying any bills. That also doesn't include any of the allowances. Im so excited about joining. Can't wait. I wonder where i will be living? Are most new crew far away from the centre of Dubai then?
         Jump to Top
Trixxy
United Kingdom
#7  Re: Emirates salary  Posted 24/12/2009 at 03:35
Hiya yeah that sounds about right for your starting salary. Regarding your flying hours.... expect anywhere between 60 to 100 hours - i've had 115 a few months but i only do long-haul so that helps with the hours. Most of my friends who are Grade 2 on Main Fleet take home around 8,000 dhs per month. It's difficult to say really as it varies from month to month and depends on your roster. Don't worry you wont be skint, it's a very decent salary considering we live rent/bill free and with free transport to and from work. A lot of the new starts are being put in the buildings that are quite far out - yes - but as i said in my previous post these buildings are very nice so don't worry about that. And Emirates let you have 1 free ''settling in'' move in your first year with them, so if you don't like where they put you, you can always move somewhere else. Hope this helps. Xxx
Edited 24/12/2009 @ 03:45 Revision #1
         Jump to Top
zumah
#8  Re: Emirates salary  Posted 18/02/2011 at 09:46
You can find the full salary and benefits of EK new joiners at http://flygosh.blogspot.com
         Jump to Top
takeoff2
#9  Re: Emirates salary  Posted 18/02/2011 at 10:30

Edited 06/03/2011 @ 09:00 Revision #1
         Jump to Top
prettyinpunk
#10  Re: Emirates salary  Posted 18/02/2011 at 10:41
The crew are either main fleet (operating all destinations) or a380 which is what it sounds like, they only work the a380 craft which only does long hault flights. You are allocated a fleet when you join but can't switch between the two month to month.
         Jump to Top
Next >