profile image
annabelc2011
Emirates- Retrying before the 6 months?!
profile image
annabelc2011
Hi guys!
Was looking for some advice. Does anyone know what the deal is in regards to the 6 month wait before reapplying? I had my final interview in April and recieved my unsuccessful email in May. I remember at the open day the recruiter said she would 'advise' us to wait 6 months before reapplying but i'm getting confused whether this is from the date you had your interview or when I received the unsuccessful email? Also does anyone know how strict the 6 month rule is? They're is an open day in my city ( Had to travel 10 hours to the last one!) in a few weeks time but it would only be 4 1/2 months since my interview. Just don't want to risk it incase they stop hiring soon!
Any feedback would be fab :) Thanks!
Cassie
profile image
Pennyfly
On my first open day they also said they advise to wait 6 months, the second open day I attended the recruiter said if we have been to an open day in the last 6 months we shouldn't be there (I only waited 3 months but she didn't find out), and the open day I attended last week which I was unsuccessful for again, the recruiter said "they say to wait 6 months but nobody listens to that, I advise wait 2 months." So they aren't strict about it. They probably wouldn't find out if you have been to and open day or assessment day in the last 6 months anyways so just go for it! If they do the only thing they'd say is go home an wait.
profile image
elfy0001
When it comes to final interview people should wait 6 months. Example if you had your FI in April, you can re-apply again in October.

When it comes to open days and assessment days, people can get selected ONLY if they get lucky to have different recruiters. Example if you happen to get the same recruiter within 6 months, they will not shortlist you.

I have a friend that attended 2 assessment days but had the same recruiter and he got rejected and got told he had to wait 6 months. But then he attended another open days and made it further to the 3rd assessment day and all within 4 months and he luckily had a different recruiter and he made it all the way to the FI.

I heard that candidates are only in the system once they make it to the final interview. But they don't save data/info about candidates during open days/ads etc.
profile image
dojobie
Originally posted by @cassie2018
Hi guys!
Was looking for some advice. Does anyone know what the deal is in regards to the 6 month wait before reapplying? I had my final interview in April and recieved my unsuccessful email in May. I remember at the open day the recruiter said she would 'advise' us to wait 6 months before reapplying but i'm getting confused whether this is from the date you had your interview or when I received the unsuccessful email? Also does anyone know how strict the 6 month rule is? They're is an open day in my city ( Had to travel 10 hours to the last one!) in a few weeks time but it would only be 4 1/2 months since my interview. Just don't want to risk it incase they stop hiring soon!
Any feedback would be fab :) Thanks!
Cassie

Don't be that person that's in the assessment day that's applied 6 times!

Other discussions going on within Middle East Airlines Forum

Inflight Chef Etihad, Turkish...
6  1.09k 1 month ago
6 1.09k 1 month ago by sayeed shazz
Emirates Qualifications Query
4  2.25k 2 years ago
4 2.25k 2 years ago by david kane
Emirates app - complete in one...
7  1.83k 1 year ago
7 1.83k 1 year ago by hoai88
Qatar Amiri flight is hiring f...
8  8.08k 1 year ago
8 8.08k 1 year ago by su xeko
Emirates mental health medical...
8  2.9k 1 month ago
8 2.9k 1 month ago by anniesteuber

Other topics for Airline Specific Forums

Thomson Airways Thomson Airways including First Choice
93  408.38k 1 year ago
93 408.38k 1 year ago by David_Hume
Aer Lingus All posts relating to Aer Lingus
39  427.45k 1 year ago
39 427.45k 1 year ago by Aaron
Easyjet Forum dedicated to Easy world..!
266  595.02k 8 months ago
266 595.02k 8 months ago by KL17
British Airways Specific to British Airways
40  6k 8 months ago
40 6k 8 months ago by Marky Mcdoe
Jet2 All posts relating to Jet2
64  248.71k 11 months ago
64 248.71k 11 months ago by Andrew E. Briscoe