profile image
Pennyfly
Emirates rejected again!
profile image
Pennyfly
So I've been to three open days, two I was shortlisted and at both AD's my assessment was to talk about creative ways of using certain objects. However, I have never gotten further than that assessment!! What are they looking for? I'm not outgoing, I'm quiet and work well in a team. I don't understand.. it's very unmotivating..
profile image
MD-11
I failed at the same stage too, I know that my mistake was to speak individually when I had to speak up in front of the group, for exemple I said "MY idea is...".
That's a stupid mistake but realised it too late.
profile image
Pennyfly
The first time I did the assessment I got nervous and I think that's why I wasn't selected but the second time I've no idea what I did. I was very clear and professional..
profile image
dojobie
Not outgoing and quiet... Wont work well at Emirates.
profile image
142f
Wondering about this too. I'm overall an introvert but can be extrovert when needed, I work well in a team. But my teammates were talking non stop, I'm afraid to cut people when they're talking but at the same time this is what makes me can't speak anything except some motivation and positive words. A girl in my group got in despite not giving out any idea not even talking a word. All she did was writing down our ideas. So....
profile image
Kwoo
Even if all she did was ''write down our ideas'' she was still working as part of the team and taking an active role. What you do during these situations often shows what personality type you have and the role you would take in part of a time. She was clearly an organised person who likes to think about situations.

If you sit there in silence and do not contribute anything because others are 'loud' then you will be overlooked. If you're too worried to speak in that environment, how are going to be in an emergency situation with all the crew shouting instructions?

Don't take over, but take part.

Other discussions going on within Middle East Airlines Forum

Emirates Qualifications Query
4  2.19k 2 years ago
4 2.19k 2 years ago by david kane
Qatar Amiri flight is hiring f...
8  7.33k 1 year ago
8 7.33k 1 year ago by su xeko
Emirates mental health medical...
8  2.9k 3 weeks ago
8 2.9k 3 weeks ago by anniesteuber
Inflight Chef Etihad, Turkish...
6  1.03k 3 weeks ago
6 1.03k 3 weeks ago by sayeed shazz
Emirates HR contact email addr...
29  43k 1 month ago
29 43k 1 month ago by Jovitamaketa280

Other topics for Airline Specific Forums

Virgin Atlantic Specific to Virgin Atlantic!
162  634k 1 year ago
162 634k 1 year ago by Lisa Harle
British Airways Specific to British Airways
40  6k 7 months ago
40 6k 7 months ago by Marky Mcdoe
Regional Airline Operators For those who are operating regional services
10  67.37k 4 years ago
10 67.37k 4 years ago by user16937
Easyjet Forum dedicated to Easy world..!
266  594.66k 7 months ago
266 594.66k 7 months ago by KL17
Aer Lingus All posts relating to Aer Lingus
39  427.29k 11 months ago
39 427.29k 11 months ago by Aaron