- Double room - Heathrow

Emirates Medical - Mental Health diagnosis

Author
  Topic Started By:  CiaraG97    On:  Fri 17th May, 2019 at 17:26
CiaraG97
Republic of Ireland
#2  Emirates Medical - Mental Health diagnosis  Posted 17/05/2019 at 17:26
Hi all,

I know similar questions to this have been asked many times before but I can’t find a specific answer for my query.

I’m 21 now but when I was 14 I was diagnosed with OCD. I was on medication for it until i was 19. I have since been discharged from any mental health check ups and it does not affect me. It was more something that I impacted me with while in school.

My worry is now that I’m applying for Emirates I will need to take a day off work to go to the open day first of all and of course if by chance I’m selected I will have to spend hundreds of euro getting the medical tests done. I’m not sure if it’s worth if there s a possibility I could be declined for my OCD diagnosis at the end of it all - even though it was years ago.

Is there anyone who would know more about this? I’ve seen threads on depression and anxiety but I have never been diagnosed with them.

Emirates is a dream job, I meet every of requirements and I’m just extremely worried about the pre-employment as it does ask about have you ever been treated for any mental illness.

Any help or advice would be very much appreciated ??

Ciara ??
         Jump to Top
cabincrewconsultant
#3  Re: Emirates Medical - Mental Health diagnosis  Posted 18/05/2019 at 13:34
In reply to post #2...
It's a difficult one... and only the medical team will be able to make that decision. You could try and run with the process and see where it takes you.... you may be fine and just get the job but also, if they think there is any potential problem they may not hire you. They may ask your doctor for more information for example. If all else fails, you could try to find an airline with less strict medical requirements, instead.

As I have mentioned before, for most people it takes quite a few assessment days/open days to actually get a cabin crew job and it's rare to get the job first time. So, maybe see this all as a learning experience, try it out and see how things go...
Cabin Crew Consultant - www.cabincrewconsultant.weebly.com
         Jump to Top