profile image
khaldoun
Emirates Interviews and Advice
profile image
stfbn
Hi,

Im also going to Bolzano on Friday. I think if you pass the CV drop and the group works etc,then I would say it takes another day for the FI. It all depends on how many people attend, I guess.

See you there and good luck for us

Stefi
profile image
angelachai
Hi people,

I recently went for my FI (8th November 2012), I am malaysian currently living in the UK. I would like to know if I succeed in the process, will I be flying out from Malaysia or UK? and also, will i be able to get my medical done in UK, do I need to pay for them?

hope to get some answer soon. =)

angela
profile image
DanielSydney
Hi Luiza,

I attended the Open Day in Sydney on the 15th of September, then the Assessment Day was the day after on the 16th of September and the Final Interviews were held during the following 3 days on the 17th, 18th and 19th of September so the whole process is very quick. So maybe book a hotel room for 5 days?

Buona fortuna!
profile image
Prospective Cabin Crew
Hey do you have a Facebook page I can like? Just trying to get some more information and advice about preparing from an interview with Emirates.
Thanks a lot for your time
profile image
RobynJoan
Hi everybody good luck with all your interviews :) I have a open day on the 20th this month in London :) I really need to no what we have to bring with us please. If you could help me out please, I haven't received an email stating what to bring I only received an email regarding the rules and conditions of living in Dubai, so if you could help me out please I just need to know what I have to bring. Thankyou .
profile image
stellasour
hellow everyone!! i am new here!!!

this saturday went through the open day of emirates here in greece!! unfornatutely i didn t make it through the final interview. i failed during the last test of the second phase.. this process made me really nervous and anxious. from the 40 persons only 6 succeed in the next process
profile image
starmyll
Hello dear Stella,
don't give up...prepare yourself for the next O.D or A.D. which will be soon in Greece, you can find a lot of info on every company's web site about O.D. and A.D.
I want to tell you that you weren't successfull at A.D., the F.I. is another day when you are alone with your recruiter who is asking you different situations from your job. I was chosen for F.I. but i'm not sure that my answers satisfied my recriuter...we'll see after max 6 weeks.
So if this is really your dream job the only thing you can do is to prepare yourself better, to volunteer in some comunity work, to start up a foreign language and so on...and i'm sure that next time you'll pass through all tasks.
Who knows maybe next time we'll have an opportunity to touch the skies together :-)
profile image
Smilka
Dear all who dream about working for Emirates, Etihad or Qatar airlines,

I have had the pleasure to participate on the Assessment Days of all the three companies and I would love to share my experience with you because I myself investigated a lot before my open days and wanted to prepare myself as well as possible. I was lucky and was selected by both, Emirates and Etihad, mainly because I did a massive research on the internet and because I learned from the Qatar open day too. I think it might be useful for you to read through all three assessments because I think the company’s requirements are very similar. It took me ages to write this but I believe it will be useful to you.This is how it all went:

QATAR OPEN DAY:
At the beginning of the open day, we had a presentation of the company. The two recruiters were nice but looking back now, I think they were the least professional of the three companies. I wouldn’t go for Qatar Airways if I had been selected because I have read that working conditions there and life in Doha is pretty harsh. Still, I went for the Open Day to gain as much experience as possible to perform my best at the Emirates which is what I dreamed about most. Those who was registered at the webpage got some instructions as to what to wear. Do wear exactly what they want you to wear. Those who come with funny outfits will be de-selected at the beginning of the process. After the presentation, we handed in our CVs and the recruiter asked just quickly „Why would you like to work for us“. All you have to do in this phase is be nice, smile and answer short and sweet. In this phase, they pick those that will come an hour later for the assessment. There were about 60 people in the morning and they invited about 30 for the assessment. After the break, we sat for an English test which was VERY easy, not even an FCE level. The topic of our essay was „tell me about a time when you were a member of an unsuccessful team and how you learned from it.“ During the test, we did the reach test one by one. They watch everything, how you walk, they watch your nails and hands, etc. We were about 12 after the next de-selection. We were divided into two groups of six, got a couple of papers and some more office stuff and were supposed to build a paper tower in a group, making it as high as possible. I was deselected after this stage but I think I know why. None of the companies wants people to make jokes. That is – make a joke and you’re off, most likely. I made a few and that was the end of it. Otherwise I did everything I thought you have to do in these type of group discussions, that is, don’t talk too much, not too little etc. etc. I am describing it in further detail in the Etihad and Emirates section because it is more or less the same everywhere. People who were de-selected were people who either made jokes or participated too little. You have to smile too, one girl from my group has a serious face on most of the time and was de-selected. 6 people survived for the final interview and I have heard that Qatar interviews take about 5 minutes. All they want to see is that your English is ok.

ETIHAD OPEN DAY:
About 400 people turned up (!!!). First thing in the morning, we were asked to approach one of the recruiters (there were 4 of them altogether), take a sit by their side and speak a little. They asked me where I was from and what languages I spoke, a very brief chat. Again, you have to be brief and pleasant. Have your papers organized and sit and walk elegantly (don’t overdo it), smile, but not false smile. Watch your breath too, it is a face to face meeting. Say hello, thank you and bye. After this, they told us to come back by about eleven o’clock but because of so many people, they let us wait in the lobby till about 14:00 (very tiring). I think it could be a part of the test. You might think they are not watching when you are waiting but they are. There were girls that would take a sit on the table or put their shoes off. Because there were about 400 of us waiting in the lobby, they couldn’t watch everybody but I don’t think it is a good idea to relax yourself too much while you are waiting. Be pleasant, talk to people and make it an opportunity to find friends and contacts because it will make you feel better in the group discussions and other activities, if you are with people you know. I met many nice people there, we are still in touch and we inform each other about our applications. Also, they want friendly people and they will definitely appreciate your friendly behaviour in the group activities. We did the reach test afterwards. They also wanted to see our hands, make sure your nails look nice.
When they were done, they picked about 250 people to continue in the assessment. People who weren’t selected (out of those I befriended) were people who were too shy, immature or a little overweight. After this, we were divided into two groups of about 120 and were lead to two different conference rooms. We were asked to talk to the collegue by our side and ask him/her about her name, origin and something special. They gave us 15 minutes to talk and afterwards, we had to present the colleague to the whole group. Fifteen minutes is quite a long time and I believe many people were done after about 5 mins and were just sitting and watching everybody around. I don’t think this is a good idea. They want pleasant and friendly people and I think they watch you all the time. It doesn’t look good if you finish your task off after 5 minutes and are no longer interested in your colleague. Keep on talking, even if it is not about what you are asked to, smile, be pleasant, talk to your friend and listen to him/her. Your presentation must be short and sweet. Some people would go on and on about irrelevant stuff, boring everybody. Some people took papers with them – not a good idea, don’t get tempted when you see that others take papers. Remember a couple of sentences by hard and look at the recruiters and the whole group while you are speaking. They are not testing your memory – they are testing the tone of your voice and checking if you are fine and comfortable when speaking to the public. Speak only about what they asked you to talk about – don’t be too long. After another de-selection, we were writing the English test (or it might have been before the presentations? Can’t remember.) The test was easy, you only have about 15 minutes for it, so hurry up. But I think they are very tolerable, a girl by my side didn’t make about a half of the test and passed. There was no essay, just some grammar (ABCD, one option correct) written text comprehension and filling in given missing words from the context. After this, there was more de-selection and another group activity. We were about 80 in this stage, everybody exhausted because of the nerves and standing and waiting in the lobby for hours. We were divided into groups of 6 and were given pictures of places in the world and names of cities on it. We had a recruiter sitting by our table, listening. We were supposed to read the instructions ourselves, so one of us read it for the whole group. Noone quite got the instructions on the first reading so we didn’t know what to do exactly. We were supposed to divide the cards into regions (Africa, Europe, Asia etc.). One boy was a bit too harsh and started dividing the cards in his own way, wanting to be useful but I don’t think that’s a good strategy. You have to be patient, don’t ever raise your voice, argue or interrupt other people when they are speaking. Wait for a short moment of silence if you want to talk – you HAVE TO say something, but keep low profile. Be diplomatic, say things like „I understand why you think like this but I think maybe we could consider... what do you think? and look at others etc etc. The recruiter gave us a hint about one of the cities, we didn’t know where it was exactly. Another girl said she thought it was in a different continent, she obviously didn’t hear or catch what the recruiter said – not a very good thing to do either. When we were done, the recruiter gave us one more task but didn’t give us any extra time which made the situation a bit more stressful. We were asked to make up a slogan, advertising one of the destinations. People would try hard and were maybe a little too intellectual. They wanted to hear something short and catchy. If you have an idea, present it humbly and always ask others what they think. But it doesn’t really matter what the slogan was, they just wanted to see how we get along with it. Stay calm and patient, don’t get stressed. They don’t want leaders, don’t give tasks to others, smile all the time and be friendly. No jokes!!! Take it seriously. Nod your head indicating you understand others. Show presence of mind, develop other people’s ideas (even if you don’t agree, it is better than to contradict and risk an argument). There might be people who think their idea is the best and won’t compromise. Let the person take the lead and agree and help her/him. The person will probably not be selected but you will if you show you can compromise. The situation gets a bit more difficult if there are two uncompromising people in the group. Remember it is important to get to one single conclusion and if you see two people arguing for ages, don’t be afraid to interrupt them kindly and politely and suggest a compromising solution. Say you understand them both. They will probably not be selected.
Well well, after this, 60 people were selected for the final interview which took place the next day. It took about 15 minutes. We were asked questions such as:

When did you provide excellent customer service/When did you do something for the customer that you didn’t have to do?
When did you recieve a bad customer service?
When did you have to adjust your way of communicating to other cultures?
What did you learn from working with other cultures? (respect, respect, respect!)
Why would you like to be a cabin crew? (people!)
What do you think cabin crew has to do? (service but also safety!)
How do you think a passenger wants to be treated? What is excellent customer service on the plane? (individual approach)
Have you ever lived abroad for a long time?
What do you know about Abu Dhabi?
What do you think life is like in Abu Dhabi?

And that was it. We received an e-mail one week later, saying if we were successful or not. Then we had to wait for the golden call in which they actually offered us the job and possible dates of joining.

I will write about Emirates open day as soon as I can!
profile image
busiana
I have been on preliminary assessment today (Jan 22, 2013) and did not go through the first round. They have selected only 4 from 30. I have noticed , you shall be shy, listen up more than speak loud and calm down. Don't be lady Gaga, don't show them your leadership as it more shows that you are not born for serving. The game was in 2 groups, we were given the cards with pictures on it (vanilla, socks, tree, torch, etc) and should have in pairs of 2 found out creative usage of it. Then this is it whether you have been selected or not. The selected girls were quite, shy and 3 from 4 were russian native, 1 from 4 were there for the second time. They were acting very tolerance and mild. Please don't take the told above as advice. It is just my notice. Good luck!
profile image
Hello,
I am thinking of going for the open days on 24th Feb in Copenhagen or Stockholm on 9th March.
However it has not past 6 months the last time I went for open day on 15th September, 2012 in Germany.

Do you think it is against the rule of not allowed to apply within 6 months?
In that case, if its on 24th Feb, 3 weeks earlier, and on 9th March 6 days earlier...

Thank you in advance

Other discussions going on within Middle East Airlines Forum

Inflight Chef Etihad, Turkish...
6  1.11k 2 months ago
6 1.11k 2 months ago by sayeed shazz
Emirates Qualifications Query
4  2.25k 2 years ago
4 2.25k 2 years ago by david kane
Emirates app - complete in one...
7  1.83k 1 year ago
7 1.83k 1 year ago by hoai88
Qatar Amiri flight is hiring f...