Post a reply
Add a new Topic
Search the Forums
Search
Latest Posts
- How to find a good place to live in charleroi
- MUST READ / FOR THE ONES WHO GIVES UP EASILY !
- Emirates FI in December status
- Thomson/TUI travel Cabin crew Assesment day - jan
- Jet2 Training.. Are you guaranteed the job?
- Panel for successful applicants
- Thomson cabin crew assessment day
- Looking for Accommodation in LHR
- 16th February training
- Assessments, interviews & start dates

Emirates/Etihad - Visa/Experience/Pics Questions

Author
  Topic Started By:  z666    On:  Tue 23rd April, 2013 at 15:45
z666
United Arab Emirates
#1  Emirates/Etihad - Visa/Experience/Pics Questions  Posted 23/04/2013 at 15:45
Hi everyone!

First let me start with how much I am glad to find so many answers to many questions I had. Here is a brief of my situation and what my questions are.

I am currently living in Dubai and I am under my father's sponsorship. Currently unemployed and haven't been since late 2009. I come from 7 years of financial experience in banks and started with customer service all the way to managerial posts. I love traveling and have done a bit of it on my own however tickets etc cost a fortune and I am unable to do it as I please :)

My questions are:

1. Do I remove my last position held as it was a senior job? (I'm thinking since I'm applying for cabin crew they want people who are compliant rather than leaders!).

2. As I am currently under my father's sponsorship, would it make it easier to apply for Emirates rather than Etihad?

3. What are the "grooming" requirements for Cabin Crew (females since I'm one lol)?

4. Do they allow you to choose the destinations you fly to after you complete your training?

5. Are you allowed to swap shift and combine your off days to fly somewhere? and does the '12 hour' rest before flight rule apply when you are on a layover?

6. Final question, I promise :). What kind of full length picture should I take? Some were asked to provide both formal and casual full length pictures!

Thank you for reading all my silly questions and any help would be reallllly appreciate :)

Z
         Jump to Top
z666
United Arab Emirates
#2  Re: Emirates/Etihad - Visa/Experience/Pics Questio  Posted 23/04/2013 at 16:16
In reply to post #1...
Thx to Ryan I got a reply for the photo requirement for Emirates. He posted this link. Hope it helps others. http://tinypic.com/r/2uqeipt/4
         Jump to Top
bodireka
#3  Re: Emirates/Etihad - Visa/Experience/Pics Questio  Posted 23/04/2013 at 18:08
In reply to post #2...
Hi z666,

Im not a cabin crew yet, but Im preparing my AD, so I already have some clue about things. Thats true they dont want leaders as they cut out everybody on the AD or OD, who are talking too much and trying to be leaders. They need people who are following the rules not making them. I dont think that if u r under ur father sponsorship would make things easier or harder, but be prepared that they will ask about this period and you should say something acceptable. I mean u didnt sit at home all day long and then u went out until late. U ll get ur schedule every month after the training and u cant really choose the destinations, of course it can happen that u get too many Jeddah for a month and u can change it for Katmandu or something with other crews but many things need to be fine to make this change. Honestly if u want to do it just because of traveling u will give it up very quickly. If u are not passionate enough about this job the recruiters ll notice and they cut u out after the first stages. Btw no matter if u r an EY or EK cabin crew u always have to look nice and fresh even if u slept only a few hours. On the OD or AD u should wear something smart and elegant, some make up( foundation, blush, mascara and lipstick more than enough and if u dont feel comfortable u dont need to put red lipstick on). After if u get in u ll get the uniform. On the training they ll show u how to create the cabin crew look dont worry:) Its a hard job and cabin crews dont really have time for individual trips between two flights just when they go for annual leave which is also not too much. I guess about 21 days but im not quite sure. Keep in mind that on a flight from DXB or AUH to the US cabin crews clean the toilet and sometimes there are a lot of "hard passengers" and u have to deal with them without any conflicts. Hope I could help u a bit and if u would like to give a try then good luck:)
         Jump to Top
bodireka
#4  Re: Emirates/Etihad - Visa/Experience/Pics Questio  Posted 23/04/2013 at 18:31
In reply to post #3...
Oh I forgot to mention. On Youtube u can find many clips which are made by EK or EY cabin crews. EK has a video on Youtube and they use it on open days, too. In this video CC's tell u about the bright and wrong sides of this job, how did this job change their lifes, etc.
         Jump to Top
z666
United Arab Emirates
#5  Re: Emirates/Etihad - Visa/Experience/Pics Questio  Posted 24/04/2013 at 08:30
In reply to post #3...
Thx a ton Bodireka!

I guess this is why it is important to do a little research first. I figured leaving a gab in my resume would raise some questions but that is common with any other job application I guess.

I was hoping that the ability to swap shifts would be easier in order to combine the off days to fly out for a couple of days, that way I wouldn't have to wait for my annual leave lol.

I'll check out YouTube and see what I find there..

Which AD are your preping for?
         Jump to Top
EmiratesCrewMax
United Arab Emirates
#6  Re: Emirates/Etihad - Visa/Experience/Pics Questio  Posted 24/04/2013 at 08:59
Ok when it come to what they are looking for it could be anything. The things that will help is to be well presented,very well groomed,good English and if u have any extra languages that will help. Sponsorship will help but emirates does sponsor everyone the employee from overseas. Here in the UAE I am unsure of. Grooming is as u would expect. Hair not more than one colour, nails intact for women, face free from piercing and no visible tattoos. As far as getting to choose destinations well yes and no. For the first six months u get a roster that u don't choose and u can not change. After that u can change your roster (swap) but only three flights per month(15 days total only tho). If u are lucky to get a string of days off u can go anywhere on cheap ID90 travel tickets with pretty much any airline not just Emirates. U get to bid also for flights u want but most of the time they do not give u what u want. Full pic is normal size photo of u both formal and casual. I took my formal pic of me in a suit and casual pic of me with my nephew. Goodluck hope this helps.
         Jump to Top