profile image
user16937
Emirates Customer Service Representative
profile image
user16937
Hello all,

Following my recent interview with Emirates regarding a job as CSR, I'd like to share my experience with ya all..(mainly because when I looked up to find tips for my FI, unfortunately I did not find any..)

First of all, I'd like to tell ya that Emirates is an incredibly professional company in my opinion and deserves all the merit.

I guess most people would mostly like to know how CSR screening day is different from a CC screening day;so let me tell you..

Unlike a CC open day, the one for CSR is, let's say, more simple and relax.. So when I arrived at the hotel, we were all given a form to fill in. It was basically about yourself (current job, current salary, whether you had tattoo etc..). Then we all had to line up to enter the meeting room,and as we entered, you had the opportunity to greet the recruiters and they give you a name tag (with your reference no. on it).

After that, we had an introduction on the company, it's subsidiaries etc..We then had a lot of question about Emirates, no worries, it's all general questions and you just need to politely raise your hand to give the answer. We had also advise on pros and cons of living in Dubai..

Then on, they told us the job that were available in Dubai.. and thus divided us in 4 groups i.e Travel consultants, telephone operators , CSR & travel agents.. This was a bit to make it easier for themselves.. So just after that, we had to hand over our CV, along with our other documents.Once done, they gave us a little break before starting the test.Yes ,you do have a test.

I guess the group classification was also to facilitate everything during the test since every group has a different test.As for CSR, the test is very simple.It's just an English test where you have to conjugate verbs and form adverbs etc..You also have 2 scenarios with questions.Easy! And last an essay about 80-100 words, the most difficult and tricky part since the question was (Write an essay about 3 traits that you'll want to develop in your working environment).

After the test, everybody was sent home and had to wait for their call to see if you'll go to FI..

So for the FI, as you might all know, you should be dressed smartly.. as if you were going for a CC FI..Girls, do not omit the red lipstick and the nails..VERY IMPORTANT.!!
So after my call to go for the FI, which was actually 4 days after the screening day..I decided to look up for potential interview questions so as not to feel too tense.. I prepared a lot of basic questions such as why you'll like to work for Ek? , your strengths and weaknesses, a time when I resolve a problem for a difficult customer.. how I dealt with a difficult customer etc..So, I can say that I was going to my FI with much confidence...

When I arrived there, I thought I would have stayed in the interview room for about 45mins but I was totally wrong. When I entered the room, I had to fill in a medical form (mostly about past medical history?) which took me about 5 mins.Then the interview started, I did not have all the question I prepared.. disappointing!! The recruiters mainly asked to recall moments when I've helped customers etc.. so you have to tell them a kinda story.. So these are the questions that I had:

-Can u tell us a time you rush to help a customer?
-Can u tell us a time you had to deal with a difficult customer?
- a time when you took an initiative and commented it to your manager?
-Were you able to deal with your job or did you find it bulky??

("So thank you for coming etc etc etc).. I was kinda WHAT?? Is that it??? It all lasted 9 mins or so..You really feel like you've been wasting time & money with dem..

I really felt disappointed when I got out of this room & already could tell that I haven't been chosen cause for me you cannot define whether someone is a good CSR or not when asking so few questions..And also you cannot define the personality of the interviewee since you did not ask any questions about himself...

So my advice to those planning to seek a CSR job at EK is..

-try to recall all the good & bad situations you had in your previous job. & dress smartly

Hope this will help.. CheeRS..
profile image
kaheel24
hello

Thank you for taking time sharing your experience with us.

So what happen , did you get the job or no?

i wanted to know how long did it take you from the time you first apply to get an answer from them? i apply for a position in August and closing date was in August itself and its pass one month nothin from them. online account show closed(which i guess its still ok)

Thank for replying
profile image
dxfair
Good morning

I attended the assessment day of 1 July 2014 , I passed the English test and general knowledge test after that i did face to face interview when the interview was done the HR informed me that i will be contacted within 15 days, yesterday i received this email , I would like to know if someone had the same situation before and if they contact him after this email.Thanks
Thank you for attending the recent selection process for the position of Customer Service Professionals.

We are pleased to advise that you have been shortlisted to the next stage of our process. We have managed to fill all our current vacant positions, however, we anticipate vacancies in the near future. We would like to retain your application for further consideration once positions become available.

Please do not interpret this letter as an Offer of Employment. If you are currently employed, please do not resign from your present job.

Please make sure your contact details are up to date in your online profile to enable the Recruitment Team to contact you.

If your application is approved and a suitable position becomes available, we will communicate with you immediately.

We thank you for your interest in joining Emirates/dnata and for your patience while waiting for further information on your application.

Yours sincerely,

HR Manager - Recruitment
Emirates Group
profile image
carina2014
Hi all,

Does anyone know if there is a MAXIMUM Age to be accepted to work for Emirates as Customer Service Representative?
I would appreciate your replies.
Thanks to all of u
profile image
some_way_some_day
Hi All,

I have attended an assessment day for EK Cust Serv professionals few days back at Dubai.

We were around 35 to 40 candidates initially. The day stared with a simple english reading and writing test, after which we submitted the registration form, our CV and a passport size photograph. After this we were asked to wait for about an hour and later around 20 to 22 were asked to leave and were told that Emirates will have their resume's for further vacancies if arise.

Rest of us were asked to wait. After a while around 8 people were asked to leave and come the next day for online test and final interview. Clearly stating that they have cleared the first round.

"Killing the rest of us with the anxiety, they called each one of us inside the auditorium and started with a round of final interview." After this we were asked to sign on Three documents. 1> A declaration that we can be assigned in any one of the 4 different locations <2> Terms and conditions <3> Added terms and conditions. We also submitted photographs like 5 passport size and one full length size. The interviewer said that i will receive a mail for the next days online test and interview which i did as soon as i left the premises.

The next day i arrived at their headquarters and attended the online test along with the company presentation. After this many people were still left with their final interview. Since i was done already, they asked me to leave. They said they will get back to us after 2 to 3 weeks for the final result. I will now wait for a final mail from them.

I want to know, why the different process for collecting documents and interview for the few of us on the first day and the rest on the second. Has this happened to any one before? Can any one advise what is likely to happen next? I am super anxious even now.

Please leave a reply soon
profile image
chishtisb
hi all,

yes dear their procedures for the assessment and collection of documents is different. i have also attended on 14 Jan 2015.all the process test interviews were completed in one day. same type of documents they got signed and advised me that EK will email you for next process in maximum two weeks. but still i am waiting there is no call no email. can you please tell me the updated scenario for you?
profile image
agastin
Dear, Is there any further update. Can u plz share...Thank U
profile image
chishtisb
Same i am asking is there any update? my status is changed three time as "Interview Completed". but nothing else what does it means? i am anxious about that.
profile image
ER
Hey, have you heard anything as yet? I am also in the same situation. My status was Interview Completed - Updates 22/02/2015 and now its changed to Interview Completed - Updated 27/02/2015 but I have not yet received any communication except for the email saying that I have been shortlisted to the next stage of the process etc which was on 22/02/2015. I attended my interview for Customer Service Professionals on the 25/01/2015 at Dubai HQ.

Let me know incase you find out the next stage of the process.

Thanks you
profile image
ER
Any feedback after the above? I am curious to know what the next process is as I received the same email and haven't received any further communication. My status on my profile has however changed to Interview Completed

Other discussions going on within Middle East Airlines Forum

Inflight Chef Etihad, Turkish...
6  1.11k 2 months ago
6 1.11k 2 months ago by sayeed shazz
Emirates Qualifications Query
4  2.25k 2 years ago
4 2.25k 2 years ago by david kane
Emirates app - complete in one...
7  1.83k 1 year ago
7 1.83k 1 year ago by hoai88
Qatar Amiri flight is hiring f...
8  8.2k 1 year ago
8 8.2k 1 year ago by su xeko
Emirates mental health medical...
8  2.91k 1 month ago
8 2.91k 1 month ago by anniesteuber

Other topics for Airline Specific Forums

British Airways Specific to British Airways
40  6k 8 months ago
40 6k 8 months ago by Marky Mcdoe
Virgin Atlantic Specific to Virgin Atlantic!
162  634.34k 1 year ago
162 634.34k 1 year ago by Lisa Harle
Easyjet Forum dedicated to Easy world..!
266  595.14k 9 months ago
266 595.14k 9 months ago by KL17
Thomson Airways Thomson Airways including First Choice
93  408.47k 1 year ago
93 408.47k 1 year ago by David_Hume
Jet2 All posts relating to Jet2
64  248.78k 11 months ago
64 248.78k 11 months ago by Andrew E. Briscoe