< Prev Next >
Author
  Topic Started By:  karmo    On:  Wed 3rd April, 2013 at 10:32
xiling1988
Spain
#11  Re: EMIRATES CABIN CREWS ON HOLD EMAIL!!!!  Posted 16/05/2013 at 23:10
In reply to post #10...
Hey Longbearth, thanks for your reply!

I had my AD in Barcelona on 24.3 and my FI on 25.3.
They called me a week after asking me to send them over all the pending documents, pictures etc... One week later my status changed to AIP.
They told us, just like everybody I guess, that they would let us know about our acceptance in 4 to 6 weeks.
After only 2 weeks 2 girls got their golden call. 4 weeks after that, two guys got their status changed to "you're gonna get contacted asap" and two otherr girls got rejected via Email.
Me I had to wait unil today (more than 7 weeks after the FI) to get some kind of update on my application status.

I gotta say that I'm not really worried about being rejected. If they didn't want me, thay would have sent me the rejection directly, just like the other girls.
Emirates does never stop recruiting, and they don't have a recruiting limit either, but maybe they just had a period of time where they had more fitting-expectation-candidates than planned, and just have not the capacity to bring them to Dubai and train them all at the same time.

If you look in the net and different blogs and forums, you'll find comments of people that have been even TWICE (!!) on hold, before they were actually accepted. (That happened a lot during 2012 actually, and it's mostly for male applicants rather that for girls).

I really would like to know what the premises are to get into the "On Hold" status, and if there's any kind of queue system to get back out and accepted.. but I guess we'll have to make do with our mere speculations... I just hope they get in contact with us before the six month period.

Cheers,
A
         Jump to Top
LongBearth
United Arab Emirates
#12  Re: EMIRATES CABIN CREWS ON HOLD EMAIL!!!!  Posted 17/05/2013 at 00:14
In reply to post #11...
i remember we were group of 50 male and female we pasted all assessment steps , and it was only me and one guy who made it to final , i kept on contact with him its turn up that we got the On hold email the same day , i was lil surprised since my status changed to AIP 3 days after my FI which was 100% Positive and fun with a lovely recruiter but with Emirates u never know whats next ! like what i read in some posts from the previous year some guys got offers in airport positions after The On hold email , some of them got the job after 3 month others after one year , so be ready for everything Man
did u got the same form of the On hold like mine ?
         Jump to Top
xiling1988
Spain
#13  Re: EMIRATES CABIN CREWS ON HOLD EMAIL!!!!  Posted 27/05/2013 at 13:16
In reply to post #12...
WOW! Just got my status changed. and they actually just called me!

So Dubai, here I come!

Whoever get's on hold and reads this: Don't worry, you'll get your call, as well!
         Jump to Top
LongBearth
United Arab Emirates
#14  Re: EMIRATES CABIN CREWS ON HOLD EMAIL!!!!  Posted 28/05/2013 at 07:27
In reply to post #13...
Yupppiiii Congratulation xiling Happy for yaaaaaaaa
u deserve it bro coz u was positive all time
but tell me u was on hold for 6 months or 3 months ?
Edited 28/05/2013 @ 07:28 Revision #1
         Jump to Top
xiling1988
Spain
#15  Re: EMIRATES CABIN CREWS ON HOLD EMAIL!!!!  Posted 28/05/2013 at 07:48
In reply to post #14...
Hey! Thanks man!

My on Hold was for 6 months, but lasted only 12 days... so can't complain :D

Yesterday was not the golden call actually, but as my status changed i'm pretty sure i'll get the golden call this week.

As I'm german but have always lived in Spain (actually born here) they needed my residence certificate to set Barcelona as my Home destination. I was very positive the whole time, but now I'm really like 99% sure. Just waiting for the official communication. I'll keep you posted though :)

Cheers,
A
         Jump to Top
xiling1988
Spain
#16  Re: EMIRATES CABIN CREWS ON HOLD EMAIL!!!!  Posted 28/05/2013 at 09:36
In reply to post #14...
JUST GOT THE CALL!!!

WILL BE MOVING TO DUBAI 30TH OF AUGUST.!!!!
         Jump to Top
LongBearth
United Arab Emirates
#17  Re: EMIRATES CABIN CREWS ON HOLD EMAIL!!!!  Posted 28/05/2013 at 17:15
In reply to post #16...
I wasss Suree Bro Congratulations U made it , hope to hear something from them sooonn Good luck again :D
         Jump to Top
fonfo
#18  Re: EMIRATES CABIN CREWS ON HOLD EMAIL!!!!  Posted 13/06/2013 at 23:16
In reply to post #1...
Hello everyone,

Ok, so now I am getting worried as well. I had my FI on May 5 and today I recieved a rather different hold mail. Almost the same as the other ones, except a few lines:

With reference to your application & recent interview for the position of Cabin Crew; regrettably we need to inform you that due to the limited number of current vacancies and specific language requirements, we are unable to proceed with your application at this point of time. Therefore, we will place your file temporarily on hold for six months.

We will keep you posted with your results in due course. Please update us if your contact and personal details change from that given in the application.

Should you wish to be considered for other positions within Emirates Group, kindly confirm your interest by sending an email to address@emirates.com.
Wishing you every success with your future endeavours.
Kind Regards.

I'm wondering 2 things:
1. Why a different hold mail. (not the succesfull/due to operational resaons one)
2. Did you guys react on your hold mail? Or do you just hold still and wait?

Looking forward to replies. Thanks!
Edited 14/06/2013 @ 23:46 Revision #2
         Jump to Top
fonfo
#19  Re: EMIRATES CABIN CREWS ON HOLD EMAIL!!!!  Posted 13/06/2013 at 23:17
In reply to post #15...
Hello everyone,

Ok, so now I am getting worried as well. I had my FI on May 5 and today I recieved a rather different hold mail. Almost the same as the other ones, except a few lines:

With reference to your application & recent interview for the position of Cabin Crew; regrettably we need to inform you that due to the limited number of current vacancies and specific language requirements, we are unable to proceed with your application at this point of time. Therefore, we will place your file temporarily on hold for six months.

We will keep you posted with your results in due course. Please update us if your contact and personal details change from that given in the application.

Should you wish to be considered for other positions within Emirates Group, kindly confirm your interest by sending an email to address@emirates.com.
Wishing you every success with your future endeavours.
Kind Regards.

I'm wondering 2 things:
1. Why a different hold mail. (not the succesfull/due to operational resaons one)
2. Did you guys react on your hold mail? Or do you just hold still and wait?

Looking forward to replies. Thanks!
Edited 14/06/2013 @ 23:47 Revision #2
         Jump to Top
karmo
#20  Re: EMIRATES CABIN CREWS ON HOLD EMAIL!!!!  Posted 20/06/2013 at 23:04
In reply to post #12...
hey guys
tnx for sharing ur time lines,as i mentioned on my post,im still waiting,i didnt hear anything yet since first of april,hope they will get back to us soon,i used to live in dubai for the last 4years,i will be so happy come back and live there again :) im sure u guys will enjoy the beautifull city in the world.all we need to do now is to stay positive, im sure we will get the job soon or later :))
keep me updated plzz
         Jump to Top
< Prev Next >