- Emirates application
- Emirates Video interview

Emirates Cabin Crew on Hold Email

Next >
Author
  Topic Started By:  karmo    On:  Wed 3rd April, 2013 at 10:32
karmo
#1  Emirates Cabin Crew on Hold Email  Posted 03/04/2013 at 10:32
hello readers i just received my on hold email this morning,here is my experience with Emirates,
Open day cv drop off : 8 march
Assessment day : 9 march
Final interview :10 march
After a week, my status was under review untill the 25th of March and got changed to approval in progress.

1st of April I received my on hold email which says:

With reference to your application and interview for the position of Cabin Crew; regrettably we need to inform you that due to fully booked training courses and specific operational requirements, we are unable to proceed with your formal offer of employment at this point of time. Therefore, we will place your file temporarily on hold for six months.

We hope to be able to confirm that you have been selected; after this six month time period, and we will keep you informed if we are able to progress with your offer any sooner. Please update us if your contact and personal details change from that given in the application.

I'm very worried about it, i dont know if i'll get the job or not,because i've heard from a lot of cabin crews who work for emirates saying that emirates stopped hiring males crew at the moment. Even though i'm arabic speaker male and they need a lot of Arabic speakers,still they put me on hold.
if anyone has the same experience, could you plz let me know what would happen later.
         Jump to Top
Fetty
United Arab Emirates
#2  Re: Emirates Cabin Crew on Hold Email  Posted 08/04/2013 at 21:35
In reply to post #1...
Hello guys,

Could any body advice me if I need to contact Emirates to follow-up on my application, I did my FI on Novemeber 14,2012 and on January 6,2013 I received an email stating that my file was place temporarily on hold for three months. Now this time frame has passed and no update.

So what do you suggest guys ?

Thanks
Fetty
Edited 08/04/2013 @ 21:39 Revision #1
         Jump to Top
Emirates5
United Kingdom
#3  Re: Emirates Cabin Crew on Hold Email  Posted 09/04/2013 at 09:11
In reply to post #2...
Hi there fetty I think you should contact them ASAP they should of called you so definitely call them
         Jump to Top
Fetty
United Arab Emirates
#4  Re: Emirates Cabin Crew on Hold Email  Posted 10/04/2013 at 13:11
In reply to post #3...
Hey dude, Thanks for your reply,

Yesterday I sent them a follo-up email, and I just got an email from them they said that the training courses are fully booked and they will keep me updated if there are any changes .
         Jump to Top
LongBearth
United Arab Emirates
#5  Re: Emirates Cabin Crew on Hold Email  Posted 15/05/2013 at 21:55
In reply to post #2...
Hi Guys First Of all i wanna thank you for sharing ur experiences with The EK,Reading ur posts making me feels more Hopeful and confident about the future.

Here is My Time line :
AD : 9 April 2013
FI : 11 April 2013
AIP : 15 April 2013
ON Hold Email : 14 May 2013

"With reference to your application and interview for the position of Cabin Crew; regrettably we need to inform you that due to fully booked training courses and specific operational requirements, we are unable to proceed with your formal offer of employment at this point of time. Therefore, we will place your file temporarily on hold for six months.

We hope to be able to confirm that you have been selected; after this six month time period, and we will keep you informed if we are able to progress with your offer any sooner. Please update us if your contact and personal details change from that given in the application. "

I Have two question if u guys can help with that

1- does Female and male Applicant get different form of the On HOLD email ?!
2- Does This email means that Im successful or unsuccessful

P.S : Im English/ French/ Arabic Speaker
         Jump to Top
LongBearth
United Arab Emirates
#6  Re: Emirates Cabin Crew on Hold Email  Posted 15/05/2013 at 22:10
In reply to post #2...
I will be Thankful if u can help with any info about this , Cheers
Edited 15/05/2013 @ 22:15 Revision #2
         Jump to Top
cabincrewconsultant
#7  Re: Emirates Cabin Crew on Hold Email  Posted 16/05/2013 at 10:52
In reply to post #6...
Realistically it could go either way... what they are saying is that they don't have a need for extra crew right now and they may not have the capacity to train new crew at the moment. So, in this case - they have a holding pool to see what happens in the next few months... If they get new aircraft, new routes or some cabin crew leave - that means they need more crew to meet 'operational requirements'... However, if they are in the same situation as now, they can either keep you in the hold pool or they can reject your application. So, it is all based on what happens within the airline, not anything personal. Stay optimistic but don't put all your hopes and dreams into it because anything can happen - it is not a yes and not a no!
Cabin Crew Consultant - www.cabincrewconsultant.weebly.com
         Jump to Top
LongBearth
United Arab Emirates
#8  Re: Emirates Cabin Crew on Hold Email  Posted 16/05/2013 at 11:11
In reply to post #7...
Thx Really Appreciate it , lets be optimistic and positive
         Jump to Top
xiling1988
Spain
#9  Re: Emirates Cabin Crew on Hold Email  Posted 16/05/2013 at 13:28
In reply to post #7...
Hi! I totally agree with ccconsultant!

I just recieved the "On Hold Email" this morning.

Either the training Center is at its capacity limit right now, or they really don't need so many members at this moment (I hope it's se first one).

The good part is that this is not a rejection, only postponement. So if you get the mail, don't get all desperate: They're actually interested in you, but are not able to hire you --> YET!

I told them during my application that I was available from september, not sooner, maybe that's why I'm the only one who got this email, instead of being directly called like the others or just rejected right away...

I'll just take it easy, enjoy the time hoping to be in Dubai soon and finish all my stuff I have left to do.

I wish you all lots of luck! I would of course like to see other peoples experiences regarding this On Hold status of ours.

Cheers,
Arthur
         Jump to Top
LongBearth
United Arab Emirates
#10  Re: Emirates Cabin Crew on Hold Email  Posted 16/05/2013 at 22:45
In reply to post #9...
Welcome to the club Xiling
It make no sense to keep inviting ppl to AD , and then put some of them on hold
Im agree that it still a positive sign and i think its not about when u r able to join coz for me i told them that im ready to join right away since im living in dubai , By the way what is ur time line ?
         Jump to Top
Next >