profile image
Tihomir Tubic
Emirates: Assessment Day
profile image
FlyBoyZ
This is good news, At least we know that people are progressing to the final interview already.

A quick question, how many people were at the AD on the 09th, was it a handful like 20 or 30, or many more? This will be an indicator as to how they going about AD's.

I know with flydubai, the AD's had about 20 PPL and they had AD's over a period of a few weeks almost every other day, smaller more manageable groups!
profile image
CharlotteLBT
Hello, is there anyone here on the assessment day for 16th Feb?
profile image
Pixie31
Yep that would be me
Are you on Feb16 also?
profile image
Pixie31
So AD with EK went like this,
I will state some obvious thoughts and blunt straight forward language so we can get straight to the point,
However pls note this is what i have observed on my AD, it could be different in yours. So in short the Day was to be yourself and shine. So lets get started.

AD started 9am
Total people invited was ONLY 43.
Mix nationalities, European and East European /Arabic/Native English/1 from Fiji island/1African,2 South Americans,2Indians,
So you guys have an idea
There were 3 elimination throughout the day.

So this how the day started
1st Video of Cabin Crew job with Emirates and life in Dubai

After this spilt into 2 groups
You and the person sitting next to u will be assigned together for this task. You get a placard/Photo and discuss a creative way u will use this item. Each person stands up holds the placard and answer. Keep it short 1/2 line only. After everyone gets done with this.
Change of placard and the person next to u.(they wana see how you work/organize with different people) and how you talk/explain etc

After this u change the person next to u, get a new placard this time you get a profession to discuss the must qualities u think this profession requires.

After this task gets over
(1st) Elimination. In my point of view this is the most crucial part.
Out of 43 only 22 got selected to move to next stage.

Task 2 was a group discussion, remaining 22 people got divided into 2groups.
Here you get to test your skills and how you work/behave teamplayer and customer service.
After this another Elimination 6 were let go out of 22, so English test is next and is the Final step to reach final interview stage.
We were 16 and all passed the English test so no Elimination happened.
Now next step is Final interview.
Goodluck to us/everyone and if you any questions and would like to know my opinion you can directly PM me.
profile image
SkyFlyM
Thank you so much for the detailed post!
Wish you all the best for your interview!

PS: did they by any chance mention anything about ADs in other countries ?

Regards!
profile image
iwanna_fly
You go gurllllll! Congrats! Tell us about your final interview and I hope you get it!!
profile image
Pixie31
thank u, nope they didnt mention anything about AD outside Dubai,
(But am sure they will) because they mentioned they looking to hire many as much people and the Batches of new traines are starting in April thats all the info we got.
profile image
Pixie31
Thanks, yes sure will keep updated, for me AD went smooth i was very calm on the AD now going for my FI

Cheers!
profile image
Yasser Moftah
Hey Pixie31

Thanks so much for your detailed information about your experience in assessment day and I wish you best of luck in the final interview . I would like to know what was the second group discussion about I mean what cases or topics were discussed during the second group discussion and how the English test was too and tell us did they mention or provide any details about assessments outside Dubai .

Best of luck
profile image
oharas
dear, so there's no Asian who attended your AD?

Was there any tourist who attended also? ( I know it's invitation only but former 9th AD there was and she passed first stage.

Other discussions going on within Middle East Airlines Forum

Emirates Qualifications Query
4  2.23k 2 years ago
4 2.23k 2 years ago by david kane
Qatar Amiri flight is hiring f...
8  7.57k 1 year ago
8 7.57k 1 year ago by su xeko
Emirates mental health medical...
8  2.9k 1 month ago
8 2.9k 1 month ago by anniesteuber
Inflight Chef Etihad, Turkish...
6  1.03k 1 month ago
6 1.03k 1 month ago by sayeed shazz
Emirates HR contact email addr...
29  43.01k 1 month ago
29 43.01k 1 month ago by Jovitamaketa280

Other topics for Airline Specific Forums

Easyjet Forum dedicated to Easy world..!
266  594.81k 8 months ago
266 594.81k 8 months ago by KL17
Qantas UK Forum For those working at Qantas UK
31  372.52k 1 year ago
31 372.52k 1 year ago by Charles Carter
Virgin Atlantic Specific to Virgin Atlantic!
162  634.12k 1 year ago
162 634.12k 1 year ago by Lisa Harle
British Airways Specific to British Airways
40  6k 8 months ago
40 6k 8 months ago by Marky Mcdoe
Thomson Airways Thomson Airways including First Choice
93  408.25k 1 year ago
93 408.25k 1 year ago by David_Hume