Post a reply
Add a new Topic
Search the Forums
Search
Latest Posts
- Crew with uprank cabin manager responsibilty
- LHR: Interviews Assessments Start Dates Courses
- Anyone from Manchester AD had a training date?
- Accommodation needed
- If knocked out in role play on AD fly Dubai
- Accommodation Needed!!
- Ground Staff Gatwick
- Training in newcastle 26/01/15
- Panel for successful applicants
- age limit in emirates

EMIRATES assessment day and Interview- what to do?

Next >
Author
  Topic Started By:  tigerlili21    On:  Mon 3rd October, 2011 at 16:47
tigerlili21
United Kingdom
#1  EMIRATES assessment day and Interview- what to do?  Posted 03/10/2011 at 16:47
Dear wonderful Forum bloggers.

I have my Assessment day With EMIRATES in London next Monday 10th October 2011. I have been reading all over the internet what the Assessment day will entail.
- Please can somebody give me an account of their experience with Emirates?
-And how hard is the Final Interview?
- How long does it take to fly to Dubai to commence training after the final interview?
- Do they test you on your other language ( if you can speak another other than English)

Thanks so much for those who will find it in their hearts to reply.
         Jump to Top
Blondie1987
United Kingdom
#2  Re: EMIRATES assessment day and Interview- what to  Posted 03/10/2011 at 17:51
In reply to post #1...
Hi I think I can help! :)

First of all, congrats on getting to the Assessment day!

I have already posted a long account of what my AD consisted of in the 'Emirates Open Days!' thread within the 'Middle East Airlines' section!
There are loads and loads of threads about what you're asking, with a lot of people giving their accounts of their days, so I would suggest reading that! They helped me LOADS when I was prepping for my AD and FI.

Especially the very long thread called 'Emirates Interview - Stages' within the 'Interview' section.

There is also the 'A List if EK FI questions' thready within the middle east section!

However the other pointers you asked all have a broad answer! As every interview is different to people, ie, I am quite comfortable talking about myself in interviews and generally relax during them so I found the Emirates interview OK, I've defos had harder ones!
And for the tiem period, they advise you there is a 6 week waiting period from FI to finding out if you are successful and generally this is the case, although I have read lately that others have recieved their call within a matter of weeks! but they will say to you its a 6 week wait!
Once you find out you are successful you have to complete medicals, then when they are approved I believe you are issued your date of joining!
We were told in my OD from that point to the date of joining is roughly 3 months! However this again varies, depending on personal commitments, notice periods at work, etc, also they ask you for a date you could join from so may go from that as well!
They also ask if you are fluent in any other language during the AD however I'm not aware if they test you. I just know you have to do an English test if it isnt your primary language!

Hope this helps a bit, but I would recommend reading the 3 threads I suggested as they are VERY helpful and comprehensive!

:)
         Jump to Top
tigerlili21
United Kingdom
#3  Re: EMIRATES assessment day and Interview- what to  Posted 06/10/2011 at 17:33
In reply to post #2...
Dear Blondie,

I think we share the same birth year if you are an 87 baby! ? thank you so much for responding to me, really appreciated. Are you currently working as cabin crew? English is my first language so that shouldn’t be a problem. Also wondering if they are particular about weight? i feel I have a healthy weight but I heard that they prefer skinny girls and check your weight every so often to ensure you aren’t weighing down the load!
         Jump to Top
tigerlili21
United Kingdom
#4  Re: EMIRATES assessment day and Interview- what to  Posted 06/10/2011 at 17:42
In reply to post #2...
also, sorry, how do i get to the threads which you suggested? thank you

Gaura
         Jump to Top
Blondie1987
United Kingdom
#5  Re: EMIRATES assessment day and Interview- what to  Posted 10/10/2011 at 15:39
In reply to post #3...
Ah its no problem! I got so much help from this before my open days so happy to help! If you just go to the 'Forum' home page that lists all the different threads and categories, towards the bottom the 'middle eastern' one will have A LOT more info in them, and will really help you.

I'm not cabin crew atm, waiting to hear back from Emirates I'm 4 weeks into my 6 week wait! I've also had to resend in some photos, so hoping this doesnt delay it too much!

And i really dont know about the weight thing! I havent heard much, but I have heard you get training on nutrition and keeping healthy however I think that is down to the nature of the job and erratic hours!

xx
         Jump to Top
niha24
#6  Re: EMIRATES assessment day and Interview- what to  Posted 11/10/2011 at 11:01
Gauraaa i met yesterday at the assessment??? Its Nisha! xx
         Jump to Top
versusgrl1
#7  Re: EMIRATES assessment day and Interview- what to  Posted 27/02/2012 at 19:09
Hello all,

I went to the OD in Miami on Feb 12 and had my final interview the following day. I was asked to re-submit some photos to cabincrewrec.dubai@emirates.com. To date, I have not heard confirmation of receipt of the photo. Does anyone know if they write back to candidates that submit needed docs to this address? Also, does anyone know the chances of getting the position after the final interview? And lastly, how long after the final interview do candidates hear the results?

Please answer if you know as I am barely sleeping due to the anxiety!

Thanks so much!!!
         Jump to Top
jess_fryer18
#9  Re: EMIRATES assessment day and Interview- what to  Posted 19/09/2012 at 09:45
In reply to post #1...
Hey- i got the job with Emirates, and have started a blog to record how i got it!! i dont leave until oct 26th, so have a look if u need some advice!

Link is below

http://letsgoflythesky.wordpress.com/

good luck

xxx
http://letsgoflythesky.wordpress.com/
         Jump to Top
hammaesc
United Arab Emirates
#10  Emirates: small scar on face!  Posted 20/09/2012 at 17:24
Do you guys know if Emirates tolerates scars? i have a small old scar on my forehead and im wondering if that will cause a problem ..
         Jump to Top
hammaesc
United Arab Emirates
#11  Re: EMIRATES assessment day and Interview- what to  Posted 20/09/2012 at 17:31
In reply to post #9...
happy for youu jess
Edited 20/09/2012 @ 17:32 Revision #1
         Jump to Top
Next >