profile image
xoflybabyxo
Emirates application
profile image
xoflybabyxo
Hello :)

Just wondering how the Emirates UK Application process works?

I appled online 4 days ago... does anyone know how long it takes to hear back from them about being invited to an assessment/open day?

I understand they obviously have a lot of applications to get through.

In two weeks there's an open day near me, if I don't hear from them by near to that time. Is it still worth going to the Open day?

As much advice as poss would be greatly appreciated :) thank youuuuu :)))
profile image
umair777
Hi there,
I have applied on 26th of feb 2019 and haven't heard anything from them yet. It says "application under review" and I have already missed couple of open days near me so i guess its better to just go and attend an open day even if you dont hear anything back.
which country you are from by the way?
profile image
lemongrass
Yes go to the open day - applying online is just a formality before an open day.

If successful at the open/assessment day, you may need to change your photos to meet requirements etc.

:)

OD: 24 Feb
FI: 26 Feb
IC: 5 Mar
JFIP: 13 Mar
GC: 14 Mar
profile image
aviationdreams
Hi,

Congratulations on getting in!

I also went to an open day on the 24th and did the final interview. Currently at Interview Complete. Just wondering which OD you went to and did they request for more photos? ??
profile image
lemongrass
New Zealand OD

Yes about 4 days after my interview they asked for more photos and when I uploaded them my status changed to IC

Hope this helps
profile image
mollie95
Hey ????
Congrats on being successful!!
I also got my GC on 13th March and my DOJ is 2nd May. When’s yours?
profile image
lemongrass
Congrats! my DOJ is June 14th. Im still waiting for my medical clearance, its taking ages. has yours come back yet?
profile image
Nafeess Hayat
Ok so I failed in an attempt to join the CC last as I went to the shortlisted crew assessment day they invited me to, b/c of lack of confidence, it costed me some real fortune about 220USD just to get there and come back home, Now that I am totally prepared for this again, this time my family won't support me because they say I failed miserably last time and spent quite an amount on it , the have warned me if I even spoke about such an event again I'd have to leave the house as they plan to get me a FUCKING shop, which obviously isn't my choice Now tell me what do I do? , Don't have that amount, and can't ask for it anymore any solution?
profile image
Cabin Crew Consultant
All you can do is keep trying but don't inform your family. Save up the money for trips to assessment days and hope there is one that comes up near to you. It might take some time but will be worth it once you get to be cabin crew...
There is a lot of misconceptions about being cabin crew and families are not always supportive. They might just see this glamorous unachievable job open to only a few and may not understand it's all about safety. They probably also do not understand that applying for cabin crew jobs is very hard - it's not like any other job and it takes a while to find the right airline 'fit' for you as all airlines look for different profiles and have different requirements. Maybe try other airlines too... Most people attend 5 or 6 assessments before finding the right cabin crew job - it is difficult but achievable when you work hard for it. Hope it works out for you!

Other discussions going on within Middle East Airlines Forum

Emirates Qualifications Query
4  2.22k 2 years ago
4 2.22k 2 years ago by david kane
Qatar Amiri flight is hiring f...
8  7.57k 1 year ago
8 7.57k 1 year ago by su xeko
Emirates mental health medical...
8  2.9k 1 month ago
8 2.9k 1 month ago by anniesteuber
Inflight Chef Etihad, Turkish...
6  1.03k 1 month ago
6 1.03k 1 month ago by sayeed shazz
Emirates HR contact email addr...
29  43.01k 1 month ago
29 43.01k 1 month ago by Jovitamaketa280

Other topics for Airline Specific Forums

Jet2 All posts relating to Jet2
64  248.52k 10 months ago
64 248.52k 10 months ago by Andrew E. Briscoe
British Airways Specific to British Airways
40  6k 8 months ago
40 6k 8 months ago by Marky Mcdoe
Qantas UK Forum For those working at Qantas UK
31  372.51k 1 year ago
31 372.51k 1 year ago by Charles Carter
Virgin Atlantic Specific to Virgin Atlantic!
162  634.11k 1 year ago
162 634.11k 1 year ago by Lisa Harle
Thomson Airways Thomson Airways including First Choice
93  408.25k 1 year ago
93 408.25k 1 year ago by David_Hume