profile image
Kilty
EK starting recruitment
profile image
Kilty
EK is again contacting candidates who have applied. Get your applications in babes.
profile image
ssyorkieyorkss
Hi! Can I ask just a silly question?
EK dose not take any cv yet, aren’t they?
I just visitied their recruitment website and still it seems they are not taking cv’s from applicant.
profile image
Kilty
Check each day for the next few days as this news is very recent.
profile image
ssyorkieyorkss
Gotya! Thanks for your information !
profile image
mjj
Folks, be careful of what you get yourself into...

If you want to end up sharing a sh***y appartment in the middle of the desert, then go for it.

If you want to work endless hours as a servant for the worst passenger profile in the world with minimun to no rest and a very tight salary, then go for it.

If you want to be bullied by both company and colleagues and you think you can cope with the most toxic, bitchy, depressing and fearful work environment, then go for it.

If you want to become a zombie and see your health quickly deteriorate due to the most ridiculously busy rosters in the world, workload and jetlag, then go for it.

If you want to become a slave, then go for it.

But first remember that they had to bring forward recruitment by almost one year due to thousands of us leaving. We cannot take it any longer. I hope I had never joined this so called "airline". Worst mistake of my life.

Do your research first. Plenty of info out there.

Good luck!
profile image
melimeli
EK is now answering applicants who had On Hold status since 2016. They will start hiring new people after selecting candidates from that group I think.
profile image
Kilty
Thanks for that more accurate information about on hold applicants being contacted.
profile image
DreamWorld
Hi there,

I would want to hear more from the ex-EK crew about the recent changes in the company.

I have worked for Emirates for one year and quit in 2015. I tried to rejoin in 2016 but it was basically when the freeze started. Now with the rumours that the recruitment process should open soon, I wanted to hear about what excatly has changed so dramatically.

Yea, busy roosters were when I worked too, fatigue...yes, that's a part of the job, and that's why I quit. On the other, hand boring 9-to-5 job as I have understood after all, is really not for me. About crew morale, people have always been compaining. And they will, no matter what. I can imagine that working for Emirates 10 years ago was totally different, with much better conditions. But the economic situation has changed, in the whole world, Middle East including. But also Europe, or wherever you will be comming back to work is not sugar. It is nowhere "easy", and nowhere is "easy money".

I've heard there have been changes in roostering. Could you please elaborate a bit more on that?

And in general, please, let us know what has been changed recently for worse...
All in all, I enjoyed my time in the company, but appreciated it much more after leaving and having worked for various employers.

Thanks in advance.
profile image
jjlegend
DreamWorld, so basically you are rejoining because you figured out that 9-5 job is not for you? Or there are other reasons?
I’m also ex crew. So a lot of things happened recently at Emirates that made the morale of the crew very low and around 1000 crew resigned within one month:
* Not renewing the lease of building in Sheikh Zayed Road which is a central area (they’ve closed UP tower, 21st century tower, Sahara tower, Grosvenor and I think Pink building. They also closed one building in garhoud and other areas)
* All the crew who lived in these central locations where moved to Silicon oasis and Al Qusais (far from downtown) in new but smaller apartments. Some were put in 4 bedroom apartments!
* They stopped giving the crew the living out allowance regardless of their grade (Even pursers and supervisors). The only exception is Crew getting married.
* “Single” company provided accommodation were taken away of the normal crew to be given to pursers and supervisors. Those crew were offered to go back to shared company accommodation or given “a not so generous” allowance and they had to go look for a place and they can’t use the company transportation anymore.
* No promotion for all the crew for a year and a half so far.
* No salary increase to any grade last year (beside no Bonus)
* Crew have to come to the EK clinic in HQ every time they call sick even if they were so ill and in pain when before you were able to self-certify your sickness up to 7 days.
* Crew are now required to pay 30% of DR consultation fees if they go to any hospital when EK clinic is closed. So crew lost an important benefit with their insurance.
* 60% of the layover hotels are now at the airport or near it. That means nose and interrupted rest and a hassle to go to big cities.
* UAE residents have to pay 5% VAT tax when salaries are still the same since 2 years.
* Crew have to pay tax on alcohol and cigarettes and other goods purchased from duty free! Yes you read right!
* Since there was no recruitment for a while and a huge number of crew resigning everyday, they were short of staff. So everyone was working one and two grade lower! Staff were overworked (nothing like before) 120-130 hours a month and definitely not considered overtime!
And there are more bad things happening... can’t remember all!
profile image
penny-94
Hi everyone!

(Sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong area, I have never posted on here before. )

I've been patiently waiting for Emirates to begin recruitment and have just found out that they are now taking applications again. I was reading through their advert and it no longer mentions anything regarding tattoos. I was wondering if this is something that they are being a little bit more lenient on now?

Since a few months before the freeze began, I have been getting both of my tattoos treated with Picosure. Both of my tattoos are unfortunately in areas that would be visible whilst in uniform; the side of my foot and just above my ankle. Whilst the one above my ankle is fading really well, the one on my foot is a different story.

I'm truly desperate to apply and was hoping that I might get away with covering the remainder of my tattoos with a light layer of makeup? Does anyone know if Emirates have made any changes to their tattoo policy? Any help/advice would be very much appreciated!

Penny

Other discussions going on within Middle East Airlines Forum

Inflight Chef Etihad, Turkish...
7  1.12k 1 week ago
7 1.12k 1 week ago by Jordan Walker
Emirates Qualifications Query
4  2.25k 2 years ago
4 2.25k 2 years ago by david kane
Emirates app - complete in one...
7  1.83k 1 year ago
7 1.83k 1 year ago by hoai88
Qatar Amiri flight is hiring f...
8  8.23k 1 year ago
8 8.23k 1 year ago by su xeko
Emirates mental health medical...
8  2.91k 2 months ago
8 2.91k 2 months ago by anniesteuber

Other topics for Airline Specific Forums

Thomson Airways Thomson Airways including First Choice
93  408.54k 1 year ago
93 408.54k 1 year ago by David_Hume
Easyjet Forum dedicated to Easy world..!
266  595.31k 9 months ago
266 595.31k 9 months ago by KL17
Virgin Atlantic Specific to Virgin Atlantic!
162  634.46k 1 year ago
162 634.46k 1 year ago by Lisa Harle
FLYBE News and Views from those at Flybe
27  193.8k 3 years ago
27 193.8k 3 years ago by juankax
British Airways Specific to British Airways
40  6k 8 months ago
40 6k 8 months ago by Marky Mcdoe