profile image
user16937
easyJet
profile image
MishkaCat
Hi,

Well, it might be really morbid the reason why they ask that... So, maybe I will just come across as crazy, but it's exactly the same reason why we also got an Expression of Wish... They will need our dental records and stuff like that in case something happens...

I hope this -wink-wink- helps you.

When are you starting?

I am having an issue with my proof of address from the UK, as I lived there for four years in MANY different places, and now I am in Italy, and they're requiring a 3 month proof of address (in case I have lived for more than 6 months in the UK in the past 5 years), problem is, I don't live in the UK anymore for a year and a half.

X
profile image
Laurajane22xox
Thank you!
I’m starting on the 17th April :)
I hope it all gets sorted for you soon!

Laura :) x
profile image
FlyAway2018
easyJet don't hang about, do they? I've had a really swift journey so far, applying for LGW.

Applied 3 March
Invited to assessment 6 March
Assessment day 28 March
(Easter)
Entered holding pool 3 April
Phone call today (4 April) offering 21 June start date

I’m impressed!
profile image
Jorge Cortés Antequera
Hello!
Just applied to easyjet and got my invitation for an assessment day which I havent booked yet..
anyone has been lately to the assessment and can share their experience, hows the process and group exercises...
Thank you!

safe flying!!
profile image
FlyAway2018
easyJet ask that people don't share group activities and interview questions so I won't but if you've been to any sort of assessment day for a role where you have to work in a team these won't be new. If the role is right for you everything will come naturally if you just relax.

After you've signed in at the reception you wait in the canteen with the other candidates until you're asked to show your passport and provide a colour copy of your documents plus a printed CV, then sent to have your height checked. After this you'll be called to a large meeting room upstairs where you're asked to sit at a specific table. The morning consists of an introduction, three different group activities and a presentation about the company and the role by two current crew. Group activities are observed at your table by an assessor, and between activities you may be asked to move to a different table so that they can see you working with different groups of people. The assessors also rotate.

Once that's all over you'll be sent back downstairs to the canteen , during which time you're free to go outside to smoke or use the shops etc in the terminal. Everyone is then called back upstairs, and some people at this stage will be sent home if they didn't perform well enough in the group tasks. Those remaining will be given a presentation about pay, rosters etc and then given a time to be back for an interview. You'll also have to fill in a form with various declarations, and details of any holidays etc you have booked.

You're told that you'll be emailed with an outcome within 7-10 days; I had an email 6 days later but I suspect it would have been sooner if Easter hadn't got in the way.

Some general tips:

Arrive in plenty of time as you never know what sort of delays the trains or roads might throw at you - if you're early you can always grab a coffee somewhere, and you should aim to get to the reception at least half an hour before the start time. If you've got an 8.30am start remember that you'll be arriving at the airport at the same time as a lot of passengers, which can really slow you down. My train was delayed and I had to queue to get out of the station which meant I got to Concorde House almost 30 minutes later than planned.

If you're picking up something to eat on the way, avoid sauces! I bought a bacon roll on the way to the assessment day and went to put ketchup on it then remembered that ketchup and a white shirt is a disaster waiting to happen.

Like any assessment day it's tiring but I also found it enjoyable, informative and well-organised. Dress smartly and if you're a guy be clean shaven or with a neatly trimmed beard. Keep your printed documents pristine (one of the people at my assessment day took his CV etc out of his jacket pocket - he didn't make it to the interview stage), smile and engage with everyone at all times (including the time you're left in the canteen - you're being observed and it's great to chat with the other candidates who may themselves have been to other airlines' assessment days and have their own advice to share), and in the group activities be sure to participate, recognise others and don't be overbearing.

If you get through to interview, your interviewer is keen to find out about you as a person and unless your CV is particularly fanciful they're not trying to catch you out; try to build a rapport in the 20 minutes or so you spend with them, even in the moments when they're taking you to or from the canteen. This is also a good time to ask any questions you have about the role as all of the people doing the interviews are either crew or ex-crew.

Use the toilet whenever you're offered the chance as darting out of a presentation or group activity won't do you any favours. Don't forget to use the mirror to check your appearance!

Whilst I was waiting for my interview I found it helpful to go outside for some fresh air and a wander around the terminal so that I went into the interview with a clear head.

Don't stress about the day. If you've got customer service experience and are used to working in a team it will all come naturally.

You'll spend a lot of the day in the canteen, which offers drinks, coffee, snacks, sandwiches and a hot meal (sausages and mash when I was there) at a reasonable price, and you can pay using cash or card. If you don't fancy anything on offer there or you just want to stretch your legs you're just down some stairs from the terminal where you'll find Boots, M&S, Subway etc. Take chewing gum or mints so that you feel fresh after eating but don't forget to get rid of your gum before you leave the canteen.

Good luck jorca! Get your assessment day booked and start preparing.
profile image
tanghisha
I did my AD in Berlin the 12th of March, did eye test and online medical and now waiting...
Do they call you for the start day of the training course or send an email?

I hope i dont have to wait too long, I am really looking forward to start.

Anyone else from Berlin?
profile image
FlyAway2018
They called me to discuss my start date.
profile image
cuttylutty
Hi there,

I got my call last week for a trainingdate on 10th of July in London Gatwick.
Wondering if anybody else is on the same trainingcourse with me. I'll be based in
Berlin-Tegel. PM me please :)
profile image
stev22
Hi there,
I am in July 10th course too for Berlin Tegel,
I don't live in Germany and will have to register my address there in order to get a certificate to get your tx id and be able to open a bank account. This is called Anmeldung. Are you familiar with that? I need an address in Berlin to register but the problem is that it's very difficult to get your first place in Berlin because the landlord wants to see several paychecks from you before renting to you. It's a catch 22. Without a place, you can't register, without registering, you can't get your tx id and open a bank account. Would be nice to connect with someone in the same situation.
profile image
missttturner
Can any one help! I’ve fillled in my medical form and axa need to speak with me, not sure why as I have no medical issues (other than wearing glasses) They haven’t been in touch (a week now since I completed the questionnaire). Does anyone know how long it takes them to contact you, or does anyone have a contact phone number. I have emailed them a couple of times but got no reply! Frustrated as I know this will hold up an offer on my start date.

Other discussions going on within Wannabe Cabin Crew

How Hard is it to Regularly Se... So, I'm wanting to be a flight attendant. One thin...
0  75 -
0 75 -
Cabin crew Hello im 20 years old . i want be a cabin crew but...
3  385 11 months ago
3 385 11 months ago by Sarah McMillan
Wizzair training in Lviv, 13.0... Hi guys,Is there anybody here who is participating...
0  656 -
0 656 -
Tattoo Cover Up
4  1.39k 6 years ago
4 1.39k 6 years ago by PL1994
5 6.22k 11 months ago by Sarah McMillan

Other topics for Cabin Crew

Current Cabin Crew Jobs For all announcements relating to cabin crew jobs
126  958.47k 1 month ago
126 958.47k 1 month ago by Emad Omda
Experienced Cabin Crew For the Veterans!
57  183.26k 6 months ago
57 183.26k 6 months ago by annaliona
Interviews Tell us your experiences!
71  986.1k 3 months ago
71 986.1k 3 months ago by Rachid Anssari
Promotions How does your airline promote people from juniour...
1  103 -
1 103 -
Training course Training course discussion
6  3.32k 2 years ago
6 3.32k 2 years ago by Mrwmly