profile image
mrlukerobinson
EasyJet Medical
profile image
BAONE
Originally posted by @AIRWORLD
New CAA rules came into play in April 2014 meaning all Cabin Crew now must undergo a FULL medical. Therefore, hearing, eyesight etc are all checked at the medical assessment. It is very different to years ago where you just filled out a form. It is quite an extensive check and full details can be found at CAA.CO.UK under the Cabin Crew section. This new legislation is something all Airlines must legally comply with as standard and so is not upto the individual airlines criteria as it is set down by the Civil Aviation Authority.

Surprisingly, not many existing Crew are actually even aware of this new ruling. Even existing Crew must now have a Medical Check at 5 year intervals.

Luke - as for your concerns, you have nothing to worry about. The weight in proportion to height requirement has been ongoing and i flew for 6 years with the same stats as yourself and it will be no issue. As previously said, as long as you can reach emergency equipment, fit through an overwing exit and wear the Jump Seat Harness.

Really? This is news to me and I've worked for BA for over thirty years.
profile image
2april4
Hi Melissa! Since you already had your face to face medical, can I ask you if they also do a dental check? Thank you ;)
profile image
StormJenkins
Does that mean at a size 20 I'll be told to go home
profile image
Detkivskyy
You said you were size 18 in another post.

I am also wondering about the wisdom teeth! I've read a blog of someone at Emirates who had his wisdom teeth removed at the medical .
profile image
leannebear1
I recently got an assessment for easy jet but did not know about any medical tests. Im worried I'm on methotrexate for psoriasis arthritis. I work full time now and i do exercise I'm as fit as a fiddle and does not effect my life in anyway . Will i pass the medical , all healthy apart from this but does not effect my life in anyway?

Thanks
profile image
leannebear1
I recently got an assessment for easy jet but did not know about any medical tests. Im worried I'm on methotrexate for psoriasis arthritis. I work full time now and i do exercise I'm as fit as a fiddle and does not effect my life in anyway . Will i pass the medical , all healthy apart from this but does not effect my life in anyway?

Thanks
profile image
Nicolas81
I'm 5ft10 and weight 180lbs. My bmi is 25. Is that too much to be a cabin crew? I'm a bit worried now.
profile image
November's Storms
I've got a separate concern.

I'm wondering about a drugs test with the medical? I haven't used anything I shouldn't for almost a year and should be all clear but I'm still a little nervous about that.
profile image
StormJenkins
Yes I'm a size 18-20 what's your point?
Something to say?
profile image
ryanbriggs
Hey everyone,
I'm currently on a course in Gatwick and had my medical today, it is fairly straight forward just a blood pressure test, pee on a stick, hand in your eyesight form and a chat to see what or if you have any medical history, then you're done!

Hope this helps
Any concerns just email your onboarding coordinator!

Thanks

Other discussions going on within Easyjet

ANY airlines with base-Paris,... Hi guys, I am searching for airlines that have hub...
0  506 -
0 506 -
Staff travel easyJet swap
15  8.65k 9 months ago
15 8.65k 9 months ago by KL17
Example of LGW roster
5  8.51k 1 year ago
5 8.51k 1 year ago by Olive Crago
Problems getting in to virtual...
7  4.62k 1 year ago
7 4.62k 1 year ago by frank sievers
Easyjet training
2  3.14k 1 year ago
2 3.14k 1 year ago by Arun Nagar

Other topics for Airline Specific Forums

Middle East Airlines Forum Emirates, Gulf, Etihad, Qatar.......
718  4k 1 month ago
718 4k 1 month ago by anniesteuber
Virgin Atlantic Specific to Virgin Atlantic!
162  634.4k 1 year ago
162 634.4k 1 year ago by Lisa Harle
British Airways Specific to British Airways
40  6k 8 months ago
40 6k 8 months ago by Marky Mcdoe
Jet2 All posts relating to Jet2
64  248.79k 11 months ago
64 248.79k 11 months ago by Andrew E. Briscoe
Thomson Airways Thomson Airways including First Choice
93  408.51k 1 year ago
93 408.51k 1 year ago by David_Hume