profile image
mrlukerobinson
EasyJet Medical
profile image
mrlukerobinson
Just a quick question about the face to face medical... says on the email they will check height and weight BMI etc.. I'm 5 ft 11 and 9stone, so I'm slim, but i can still lift things and not at all feeble.

Would this be ok, or are they looking for the people really overweight?

Am I over thinking and worrying too much?
profile image
markyj1993
I think you'll be fine. If your height and weight are in proportion and you can walk freely around the cabin and reach overhead lockers which you can because of your height then you'll meet their safety requirements.
profile image
mrlukerobinson
Well according to BMI index I'm underweight by about 6lbs. Gonna try to put it on though just in case, just don't wanna get there and be told no.. I always worry about things too much haha.
profile image
MelissaEllen
They're looking for people who are overweight without saying it. They have to make sure you can fit in the jump seat harness and move down the cabin and manoeuvre infront of passengers during medical - if someone was too large to do so it would be unsafe, so long as your weight doesn't make you unhealthy you'll be fine ! (:
profile image
mrlukerobinson
I really hope so. I'm gonna try and bulk up a bit anyway.. I thought it was meaning overweight rather than slim. I can still lift 16kg so I should be alright. :)
profile image
mrlukerobinson
Any other skinny guys have any trouble with the medical?
profile image
user16937
I've never done a cabin crew medical - I think it's new thing easyJet do, but what I do know is that you won't need to worry at all. 6lbs is hardly anything, plenty of guys are of your stature at EJ. I think what they're getting at is people who are overweight like someone has alluded to above.
profile image
mrlukerobinson
Ok thankyou, putting my mind at ease a bit more :)

Worst fear is me getting there then turning me away haha...NOOOOO
profile image
Thomacito
HI guuys! Congrtulations to all of you! Do you have more info regarding the medical appointment? I mean do they test again your eyes and so on or a recent docus filld out by your optician is enough?

Thanks in advance
profile image
HermesGR
No they won't check the eyes ! Only little chat about you and your family's health history , urine test (for drugs ) , ear/hearing test and that's it! I hope no one will get a No at Medical , as at least for me , will be a nightmare cause I'm quoting a permanent job to join Easy ! Good luck to all

Other discussions going on within Easyjet

ANY airlines with base-Paris,... Hi guys, I am searching for airlines that have hub...
0  396 -
0 396 -
Staff travel easyJet swap
15  8.65k 8 months ago
15 8.65k 8 months ago by KL17
Example of LGW roster
5  8.51k 1 year ago
5 8.51k 1 year ago by Olive Crago
Problems getting in to virtual...
7  4.62k 1 year ago
7 4.62k 1 year ago by frank sievers
Easyjet training
2  3.13k 1 year ago
2 3.13k 1 year ago by Arun Nagar

Other topics for Airline Specific Forums

Virgin Atlantic Specific to Virgin Atlantic!
162  634.13k 1 year ago
162 634.13k 1 year ago by Lisa Harle
Thomson Airways Thomson Airways including First Choice
93  408.26k 1 year ago
93 408.26k 1 year ago by David_Hume
Qantas UK Forum For those working at Qantas UK
31  372.52k 1 year ago
31 372.52k 1 year ago by Charles Carter
Jet2 All posts relating to Jet2
64  248.53k 10 months ago
64 248.53k 10 months ago by Andrew E. Briscoe
FLYBE News and Views from those at Flybe