profile image
...:::::...
Does your airline allow watches?
profile image
...:::::...
I was just wondering how many airlines allow their crew to wear wrist watches? I'm just looking to invest in a watch, but before I buy one I want to make sure that I could wear it to work!

Thanks! :)
profile image
user16937
As far as im aware its in all airlines uniform standards that its complusary to wear a watch as in an emergency you may be given a time until impact and therefore necessary for a watch. Most prefer plain wathces with small faces and black or silver strap. With a second hand but this differes from airline to airline.

hope this was of some use to you.
profile image
Lornah
Yes you do have to wear a watch but I certainly wouldn't get an expensive one for on board. The job is quite physical and the watch will get knocked and the face scratched.
Hope that helps x
profile image
Allimal
I cracked 5 watches in two months all due to bad turbulence! Go to argos for cheap £5 watches that you won't cry over when you break then!
profile image
designerwatch
i think we must have right to wear watches, it's only personal belongs
Designer Watches
profile image
sanny_ds
Of-course watches are compulsory in all airlines but you cannot wear big, fancy, colorful watches.

Guys to know about Cabin Crew & explore more upcoming cabin crew interviews and interview tips and all about cabin crew and aviation at

"Be a Cabin Crew"
profile image
Cabin Crew Consultant
Yes, a watch is absolutely essential! Certainly as the poster mentioned above, it would be needed for timing during emergency procedures and also just in general timekeeping (getting to briefing on time etc) so very important...
Uniform standards ask that the watch is small and classic in style with a black or brown strap or bracelet style as long as it next to the skin (so it doesn't get caught on the door or something...) And, yes it will probably get quite battered...
profile image
ThomasWingles
Yes, a cabin crew should definitely wear a watch to manage her work on time and time keeping is very essential in this field. And always go for a branded watch.
profile image
johndavis
My suggestion is to wear a watch absolutely because through it one will be able to do their work on time without any delay. I also used to wear cartier watch which i have bought from a seller online who sell cartier watch at comparable cost.
profile image
hgffdsa12
Hello everyone,

I can find anything in online about watch wearing requirement for Emirates male cabin crew.
I'm wondering are Huawei watch GT 2, Samsung Smart Gear Watch, or smart watches in generally allowed in Emirates?

Other discussions going on within Experienced Cabin Crew

Dissertation Survey
4  3.65k 1 year ago
4 3.65k 1 year ago by Thomas Richard
Dissertation Survey. Cabin Cre...
2  3.41k 1 year ago
2 3.41k 1 year ago by Alan Luiz
Research - Managing Gender as...
12  3.11k 7 months ago
12 3.11k 7 months ago by annaliona
Missed call from Emirates airl...  I misse a call from Emirates, checked the number...
4  1.2k 1 year ago
4 1.2k 1 year ago by Samantha
in-flights sales research Hi, we are developing a project to enhance in-flig...
0  68 -
0 68 -

Other topics for Cabin Crew

Interviews Tell us your experiences!
71  986.31k 4 months ago
71 986.31k 4 months ago by Rachid Anssari
Wannabe Cabin Crew For those just starting out!
113  543.22k 1 year ago
113 543.22k 1 year ago by Sarah McMillan
Current Cabin Crew Jobs For all announcements relating to cabin crew jobs
126  958.62k 1 month ago
126 958.62k 1 month ago by Emad Omda
Qatar airways rejoining Qatar airways rejoining rejoiner rejoiners ex-crew...
3  334 1 year ago
3 334 1 year ago by Josie
Cabin Crew Advice Here to answer all your questions, everything cabi...
5  2.12k 1 year ago
5 2.12k 1 year ago by anna jackson