profile image
cholesteroI
Does Emirates hire Qatar Airways cabin crew?
profile image
cholesteroI
Hi. I'm originally from India and I work for Qatar Airways as cabin crew. however, I would love to move to Dubai and work for Emirates.
Does anyone know if Emirates hires Qatar Airways crew especially after the blockade
profile image
psdk112
Yes they do, first of all I had asked Emirates explicitly about this and they do, 2. The policy of 6 months gap does not hold anymore due to the blockade, mainly due to qr being state owned.

Many and many qr crew have moved recently, and ek have changed their hiring requirements, focusing on prioritising customer service experience oriented applicants over no customer service experience at all as they have been doing in the past years.

They do hire people oblivious to customer service nonetheless and the younger you are the better as they prefer in the range 21-25, though take anyone until the age of 30, borderline 31.

I believe you have an edge over other candidates because you are qr crew and they do value that. Nationality matters though unfortunately with ek, though its only a matter of time when they would start hiring applicants from Asia again.

All the best!

Psdk112
profile image
ali133
I was searching through and found many open recruitment days in Europe and US. For Indian crew working with Qatar Airways what would be the best way to apply? Apply online or try to attend one of the open walk-in interview days in other countries?
profile image
ali133
Hey psdk112,
thanks for the detailed reply. I went through the open day schedule and there aren't any scheduled for India. Also there are rumors that Emirates is not hiring Indian crew for now, do you have any knowledge about that?
Also, what would you suggest as the best way forward. Should I apply online or try to attend one of the open days in other countries?
profile image
psdk112
Hey there, applying online makes no sense. This feature of applying online has no benefit to it. Just a waste of time, don't even bother. Just go attend an open day if u want the job, if u don't pass first time then try second thrird fourth and so on until you get it.

Emirates are not hiring Indian Nationals because they have enough and the company only hores a nationality when people from that nationality reaign and they must fill the spot. I. The case of indians, they never resign so they don't give chance to new applicants. Same for people from the Philippines.

On the other hand Qatar is growing and they are taking everyone, from anywhere in the world.

I recommend you go for Qatar, more professional and disciplined airline to start with. Strict yes but if you care about the job you should be fine.

Other discussions going on within Middle East Airlines Forum

Inflight Chef Etihad, Turkish...
6  1.12k 2 months ago
6 1.12k 2 months ago by sayeed shazz
Emirates Qualifications Query
4  2.25k 2 years ago
4 2.25k 2 years ago by david kane
Emirates app - complete in one...
7  1.83k 1 year ago
7 1.83k 1 year ago by hoai88
Qatar Amiri flight is hiring f...
8  8.22k 1 year ago
8 8.22k 1 year ago by su xeko
Emirates mental health medical...
8  2.91k 1 month ago
8 2.91k 1 month ago by anniesteuber

Other topics for Airline Specific Forums

Easyjet Forum dedicated to Easy world..!
266  595.28k 9 months ago
266 595.28k 9 months ago by KL17
Aer Lingus All posts relating to Aer Lingus
39  427.54k 1 year ago
39 427.54k 1 year ago by Aaron
Virgin Atlantic Specific to Virgin Atlantic!
162  634.43k 1 year ago
162 634.43k 1 year ago by Lisa Harle
Thomson Airways Thomson Airways including First Choice
93  408.53k 1 year ago
93 408.53k 1 year ago by David_Hume
British Airways Specific to British Airways
40  6k 8 months ago
40 6k 8 months ago by Marky Mcdoe