profile image
roadrunner
Do you really need GCSE's?
profile image
roadrunner
Hello,

After looking on alot of the airline recuritment websites i found that they ask for at least 3 GCSE's C or above. What if you don't have any?

Do you really need them? Do they ask? Do they check?

Thanks!

profile image
tornado
Depending on the airline, they may decide to waive this criteria if you have extensive customer services experience (something like minimum of 10 years).
In all my interviews, they only BA asked for GCSE certificates (2003) and this was for PSA, not cabin crew. I later had an interview with BA for CC, and was not asked for certificates.

Most airlines will (probably) not ask for proof of qualifications at the interview, but may ask for proof at a later stage.
profile image
number36
Been offered job with four different airlines and never once had to show any certificates.
profile image
Flyboy08
I work for Monarch and i had to show my certificates at my interview. And it says on the application form that certificates will be checked at the interview.
profile image
phil.4

I was looking around and it said on one website that you should have at least 4/5 GCSE's at A*-C in maths and english but however an customer service background may help replace the poor grades. but having GCSE's would really help at this time with not that many airlines hiring

profile image
flygirlxxx
Hi phil,

I worried about this when i first started out as i had trouble at school and didnt get to take all my GCSES. Since then i have worked for easyjet, thomson and Virgin. They all ask for GCSES in the application stage.Some say certificates need to be produced once employeed.Dont worry you can still get in without them! xSmile
profile image
Marlene_101
Hi!,I am doing my GCSE soon and I really need help.I was wondering what BA want people to take for GCSE,I would like to hear from you guys :)

Thank you:)
profile image
Kwoo
If you're fresh out of school/college they will definitely ask for proof. If you have also never had a job before they will definitely ask for proof.

You're now competing with people who have years of experience in customer service, more and more people also have degrees and work as cabin crew (for various reasons). You need to make sure you have something that makes your CV/Qualifications etc stand out.

At the end of the day, they receive thousands of applications.

Other discussions going on within Wannabe Cabin Crew

How Hard is it to Regularly Se... So, I'm wanting to be a flight attendant. One thin...
0  79 -
0 79 -
Cabin crew Hello im 20 years old . i want be a cabin crew but...
3  386 1 year ago
3 386 1 year ago by Sarah McMillan
Wizzair training in Lviv, 13.0... Hi guys,Is there anybody here who is participating...
0  657 -
0 657 -
Tattoo Cover Up
4  1.39k 6 years ago
4 1.39k 6 years ago by PL1994
5 6.22k 1 year ago by Sarah McMillan

Other topics for Cabin Crew

Interviews Tell us your experiences!
71  986.32k 4 months ago
71 986.32k 4 months ago by Rachid Anssari
Experienced Cabin Crew For the Veterans!
57  183.33k 7 months ago
57 183.33k 7 months ago by annaliona
Current Cabin Crew Jobs For all announcements relating to cabin crew jobs
126  958.62k 1 month ago
126 958.62k 1 month ago by Emad Omda
Middle eastern airlines Any query related to middle eastern airlines would...
2  387 -
2 387 -
Qatar airways rejoining Qatar airways rejoining rejoiner rejoiners ex-crew...
3  334 1 year ago
3 334 1 year ago by Josie