- Emirates Video interview

Do I stand a chance?

Author
  Topic Started By:  FairyDust    On:  Sat 8th November, 2014 at 12:08
FairyDust
United Kingdom
#1  Do I stand a chance?  Posted 08/11/2014 at 12:08
Do I stand a chance?

So, I about to start my 6month placement with sandals abroad.

When I have finished uni I will have a degree in Event Management, and a Work placement diploma for sandals and all of the other work experience in jobs, such as luxurary retailers and hospitality jobs.

IS THIS ENOUGH?

I desperately want to work in cabin crew, but the pay doesn't seem THAT great, what could I apply for when I have finished uni that has the benefits of cabin crew but with better pay?!

Please help! I have always wanted to work with emirates or virgin but I just seen that the yearly salary of virgin is £12,000 on a flat rate without sales commission etc.
         Jump to Top
Pierre_Henri
United Kingdom
#2  Re: Do I stand a chance?  Posted 30/11/2014 at 13:58
In reply to post #1...
I think motivation is what matters the most. Especially considering the number of applicants. As far as I know I only have three month experience in customer service and yet I got invited to 3 ADs. I used to earn really good money with my previous job but what is important in the end is to be pationate about what you do in life.
         Jump to Top
fly_manzanita
United Kingdom
#3  Re: Do I stand a chance?  Posted 30/11/2014 at 21:34
In reply to post #1...
If you are looking for a well paid job, cabin crew may not be the best area for you.

Although the perks are great, you do need to want to do the job beyond the perks else you might find it very hard going. Particularly on the not so good days!

A degree isn't essential for crew work. Employment and personal skills count for so much more. Check each airline's individual website for their own critera.

Good luck x
         Jump to Top