profile image
Mott88
Current situation with Emirates cc accommodation
profile image
Mott88
A few questions if more experienced cc can help give insight please

- I read cc now have to share rooms on layover due to saving cost. Any truth to it yet?
- heard Emirates has been evicting cc from company accommodation as part of cost saving. Is this at random or will more likely to affect me if I'm newbie? Do I get compensated?
- how long do I have to stay on company accommodation (sharing) before I can apply for single company accommodation (no sharing)? Or does it depend on how senior I become?
- if I don't like the share company accommodation, will company give allowance for me to stay on my own? Or do I not get to choose and will only have chance to stay on my own if company evicted me from company accommodation?

Thanks
profile image
cdean
Originally posted by @Mott88
A few questions if more experienced cc can help give insight please

- I read cc now have to share rooms on layover due to saving cost. Any truth to it yet?
- heard Emirates has been evicting cc from company accommodation as part of cost saving. Is this at random or will more likely to affect me if I'm newbie? Do I get compensated?
- how long do I have to stay on company accommodation (sharing) before I can apply for single company accommodation (no sharing)? Or does it depend on how senior I become?
- if I don't like the share company accommodation, will company give allowance for me to stay on my own? Or do I not get to choose and will only have chance to stay on my own if company evicted me from company accommodation?

Thanks

1. This is truly not true, cabin crew received an email from the management confirmed this is definately not true.
2. EK currently stop giving live out allowance to all staff. if you new joiner will definately get provided company accommodation in share apartment , two,three &four bedroom basis , unless you opt-out to live out of the company accommodation.
3. Single accommodation only offered for Seniors only, Cabin Supervisors & Pursers. Before they used to give single accommodation to First Class crew, but they have stopped this about a year ago due to cost saving. they even asked first class crew that already stay in Single accommodation to move back to share crew accommodation.
They stopped recruitment till now, becoming senior it takes sometimes , at least 5years. Some of the crew have been working in Economy for 3years and still didn't get upgrade , as there are no promotion is happening at the moment.
4. If you don't like your share apartment for any reason, you can always swap, move to other company accommodation provided you know a place that vacant or you can team up with other crew to move to a fully vacant apartment, for this you have to waitlist your request, and most of crew have been waiting for more than a year/s still didn't get it, I guess this is the matter of luck.
At the moment EK freeze all for accommodation and opt-out to live out. even they closed so many crew buildings.

I hope it answered your questions.
profile image
Mott88
Thank you cdean!
I've been trying to do some research but so many conflicting information.
For no.2 below, does it mean I can only choose to live in company accommodation (free from EK) OR find my own accommodation at my own cost? (EK doesn't pay or compensate anything)
profile image
Desert_Hostie
*IF* the live out is open (it was on hold) you take the allowance and find something but the allowance is not enough to afford anywhere central by yourself, you would need roommates. You are then responsible for all costs such as utilities, internet and you can't ue company transport (bus network)

Company accommodation you get what they assign you at joining. You cannot change it until your probation is over and only if moves are open and you are next on the list for that specific room/building you applied for

Other discussions going on within Middle East Airlines Forum

Inflight Chef Etihad, Turkish...
7  1.12k 1 week ago
7 1.12k 1 week ago by Jordan Walker
Emirates Qualifications Query
4  2.25k 2 years ago
4 2.25k 2 years ago by david kane
Emirates app - complete in one...
7  1.83k 1 year ago
7 1.83k 1 year ago by hoai88
Qatar Amiri flight is hiring f...
8  8.23k 1 year ago
8 8.23k 1 year ago by su xeko
Emirates mental health medical...
8  2.91k 2 months ago
8 2.91k 2 months ago by anniesteuber

Other topics for Airline Specific Forums

British Airways Specific to British Airways
40  6k 9 months ago
40 6k 9 months ago by Marky Mcdoe
Qantas UK Forum For those working at Qantas UK
31  372.69k 1 year ago
31 372.69k 1 year ago by Charles Carter
Easyjet Forum dedicated to Easy world..!
266  595.35k 9 months ago
266 595.35k 9 months ago by KL17
FLYBE News and Views from those at Flybe
27  193.81k 3 years ago
27 193.81k 3 years ago by juankax
Virgin Atlantic Specific to Virgin Atlantic!
162  634.48k 1 year ago
162 634.48k 1 year ago by Lisa Harle