- Norwegian Short Haul Crew LGW

CRC check and References

< Prev Next >
Author
  Topic Started By:  user51560    On:  Thu 8th May, 2014 at 19:19
louiselcmt
United Kingdom
#84  Re: CRC check and References  Posted 21/05/2018 at 20:29
Hi everyone, I will have to provide my 5 years references really soon so I started to check if I had all of my start/end dates for my previous jobs and I red we have to give a referee for every gap of more than 28 days but when I was still at school I had 2 months summer holidays when I didn't really do anything (only travelled) so what should I write/say? :)
         Jump to Top
Lauren_18x
#85  Re: CRC check and References  Posted 23/05/2018 at 15:18
Hi

I was contacted last week by Carbon 60 who are taking control of my references. I sent an email to them yesterday asking if they request anything else from my references etc but there’s been nothing so far. My start date is 2nd August and I’m hoping this does not get pushed back.

Has anyone else experienced this?
         Jump to Top
Ess_manc
United Kingdom
#86  Re: CRC check and References  Posted 12/06/2018 at 22:55
Hi all. Hoping someone could shed some light. I have applied for Virgin Atlantic and British Airways Gatwick Fleet (who don't fly to Dubai). Long story short, I have debt in Dubai and understand this may come up with virgins referencing since they do fly there. But would British Airways also check?

I really want to start working so I can pay it off. But need to know if this is going to be a huge issue with each airline. Really caught between a rock and a hard place
         Jump to Top
Li
#87  Re: CRC check and References  Posted 19/06/2018 at 16:41
In reply to post #84...
Get a friend who knew of your whereabouts to verify what you was doing
         Jump to Top
Bannersb22
United Kingdom
#88  Re: CRC check and References  Posted 19/06/2018 at 17:27
I'm just trying to get some info together so I'm ready for sorting references....I have a main employer but am also on a zero hour contract with another company just to do casual work every now and then...would I have the put down that company as a reference even if I hardly work for them? Or is it fine to just put the main one down?
         Jump to Top
DClgw
United Kingdom
#89  Re: CRC check and References  Posted 19/06/2018 at 19:23
In reply to post #88...
If you put it down on your application to BA then you definitely need to add it to your referencing or it will probably fail the checks at the end of the process. Best thing to do in that instance is back it up with HMRC documents. Definitely request an OCA41 form and if you were self employed also request an SA302, even if these documents do not show that employment period they will ask you to request them as a matter of procedure, hope this helps.
BA Gatwick start date: 14th August 2018
         Jump to Top
10local
#90  Re: CRC check and References  Posted 04/07/2018 at 22:50
In reply to post #67...
Do you know if they also ask the company about the reason for leaving?

Thanks
         Jump to Top
2Fly2Serve
United Kingdom
#92  .  Posted 05/07/2018 at 15:33
Edited 12/09/2018 @ 16:36 Revision #1
         Jump to Top
2Fly2Serve
United Kingdom
#93  Re: CRC check and References  Posted 07/07/2018 at 17:32
In reply to post #90...
Yes, I've just filled mine out and they do ask your reasons for leaving so it's best to be open and honest as they will find out anyway. What I don't know though, is the question which I have asked, whether or not you will be penalised for having employment terminated, if you do receive (not a bad reference as I know employers can't give these) but if BA will deem this as unacceptable/unsatisfactory. I have been dismissed by two previous employers when I was younger, one of which for illness which is completely out of my hands but I might not get the chance to back myself up
         Jump to Top
Rebecca0710
United Kingdom
#94  Re: CRC check and References  Posted 15/08/2018 at 13:21
Can anyone help me?
I will have to provide my 5 years references really soon so I want to get everything together. What do they ask for? Will it be the referee's address, email, phone number?
Thanks in advance
         Jump to Top
< Prev Next >