profile image
user16937
CRC check and References
profile image
kungfu28
Hi

what if you had a job that cash in hand but the company willing to give the reference, is there any chance you think they still will ask for a prove from HMRC? is it random that they ask or is it because they didn't get the reference from your previous employer so they ask for HMRC prove instead? I'm stress, no idea how should i prove it to them
profile image
Lou9
Hey,

I'm with Procius, I've been on Stage 1 since 10th March, so I can feel your pain.

This process has been a nightmare, chasing references overseas and feeling like you'll never reach the finish line.

I'm so afraid that BA will withdraw my application after all this time...
profile image
CabinCrewTeam10
Guys I have a question regarding being unemployed for a certain time-period...

For the past five years I was at Uni, then got a job straight away etc. No gaps at all. However, I'm now in the process of applying to airlines until I finally get accepted onto one.

The issue is that I want to leave my job and have a break until I can work as a cabin crew.
Now I know it can take a while until I'm finally employed for an airline but regardless, I want a break so I don't feel restless when i finally work as cabin crew.

However, how complicated would it be for me to have references for a period of unemployment? If it helps, I'll probably be working on some Youtube videos while I'm unemployed, but those will mostly be filmed by myself. I.e. no person to reference what I was doing other than my family really.

Should I quit my job or would it be too hard for me to find references for a period of unemployment?
profile image
emilwfq
Definitely have a break from employment, and as long as you make a record of the exact date of your unemployment and if it’s 28 days or more then have a family friend who has known you for say 2+ years on a regular basis, that can verify the exact dates, and verify that you were supporting yourself financially i.e through savings etc etc, then there should be no problem :)

Most airlines go through a 5 year referencing process anyway so they will allow for a Gap reference between accepting your offer of employment and the your training start date (usually this is over 28 days anyway so you will need a Gap referee)

Remember the referee won’t need to be professional (manager etc) just someone who knows you 2+ years (ideally they are employed themselves).

Hope this helps!
profile image
BA17
Hi I received my provisional offer on Wednesday last week but I have still not received my phone call from Procius, how long does it usually take? I have also received my letter to apply for my visa but unsure when I should do this?
profile image
emilwfq
Ring up Procius definitely! Don’t let them forget as referencing takes a long while.

And do the Visa application / book an appointment straight away. Just make sure you have all the documents they need at the Embassy including the visa request letter from BA :)
profile image
CabinCrewTeam10
I have another question and that is:

Legally, companies are no longer allowed to give "personal references" stating things like your personality, habits, reliability etc.

They are only allowed to provide "formal references "such as "This person worked from with us from ____ to ____ ."

So when applying for British Airways, or Virgin Atlantic, will they require a "personal reference" plus a "formal reference"? Or will a formal reference on it's own be acceptable?

If they require a personal reference, I can get that from my manager, but does my manager have to still be employed by the same company? What if my manager left the job position?
profile image
emilwfq
No, a personal reference would be the same as a Gap reference, which is only required for a period of unemployment that lasted 28 days or more.

And those people will have to know you personally for a number of years and have regular contact with you to verify how you were supporting yourself financially and your accommodation etc in that time.

But employment referees only cover official dates of employment :)

Hope that helps!
profile image
CabinCrewTeam10
So, just to be 100% sure...

British Airways / Virgin Atlantic will only require employment references from my employers? That cover the dates of employment...

Nothing else?
profile image
emilwfq
In terms of verifying employment then yes thats all

Basically every reference you provide has to cover a continuous 5 year period :)

Other discussions going on within British Airways

Uniform
69  113.93k 8 months ago
69 113.93k 8 months ago by Marky Mcdoe
British Airways - Training Dat... I received confirmation on 17th February that I ha...
0  1.36k -
0 1.36k -
General Info and questions abo...
3.12k  1k 4 years ago
3.12k 1k 4 years ago by Flying_Nurse
Accomodation, Specific to BA
1.35k  388.63k 2 years ago
1.35k 388.63k 2 years ago by Dolly1988
Assessments, interviews & star...
11.31k  2k 2 years ago
11.31k 2k 2 years ago by DavyP1972

Other topics for Airline Specific Forums

Virgin Atlantic Specific to Virgin Atlantic!
162  634.22k 1 year ago
162 634.22k 1 year ago by Lisa Harle
Easyjet Forum dedicated to Easy world..!
266  594.96k 8 months ago
266 594.96k 8 months ago by KL17
Middle East Airlines Forum Emirates, Gulf, Etihad, Qatar.......
718  4k 1 month ago
718 4k 1 month ago by anniesteuber
Aer Lingus All posts relating to Aer Lingus
39  427.42k 1 year ago
39 427.42k 1 year ago by Aaron
Regional Airline Operators For those who are operating regional services
10  67.45k 4 years ago
10 67.45k 4 years ago by user16937