profile image
user16937
CRC check and References
profile image
Kella
Originally posted by @kezzy22
hi all, I have asked security watchdog for an update and the response I had was 'currently completing your file to hopefully be cleared for stage one' this was a little vague to me! any ideas?!

Hi, do you perhaps know how long it takes to get cleared for stage1?
I would love to know..

Thanks
Claire
profile image
NewHopefulFlyer
anything up to 12 weeks
profile image
reyhan
Has anybody had experience of getting a CRC for time in the USA?
profile image
jk621
Security watchdog are the worst! After 6 months of dragging their feet with the screening and being completely rubbish (loosing references, not responding to emails, asking for a reference from my current employer when everything else is still left to be sorted) they decide to ask me for tax documents for my 4 moths spent as an au pair in Australia. I was living with a family and got the equivalent of about £50 a week which I didn't declare to Australian tax office as it was well below the threshold limit at the time (2015).
As such I don't have the tax documents security watch dog want.
Firstly why do SW only ask for this 2 weeks before my start date when they said the Australia reference was fine?
And secondly, what happens if I can't get the tax documents?
It's stressing me out so much!
profile image
Bob Slager
Im in exactly the same boat as you!

I was supposed to start training on 19th April, but got pushed back over and over again. Now Security Watchdog saying that reference are still missing and they need prove of my Dutch tax payment for a certain period of time, while all documents were complete 2 weeks ago with an confirmation email :( I dont have a clue whats going on!

Luckily I haven't resigned from my current airline yet, and I am now very tempted to just stay where I am,.. I applied 1 year ago, unbelievable
profile image
Hollyp93
After going back and forth from security watchdog and BA for weeks BA have now confirmed they have received my file and have had notification that I have cleared stage one referencing! Does anyone know how long BA take to give you a start date from here?

I've given my notice in at work and my last day is the 29th and i'm just anxious if they don't contact my current employer soon then it will cause a delay as they won't be my current employer after that date and they might have to put me back to stage one again.

Thanks x
profile image
user16937
Unfortunately, same here.

I complained to BA (by writing quite a lengthy report) about their appalling customer service, not replying to emails, not replying to calls, losing references, keeping asking the same people for references, not providing information about HMRC requests until very late into the process, not contacting referees for up to month (!) etc.

After 4 months, they finally called me to say that my file had not met their own internal audit so it might be a further few weeks... I got so fed up that I spent half a night writing a complaint to British Airways and I got my start date within 24 hours! But now Security Watchdog totally stopped replying to me so I am obviously worried about Stage 2 and whether my start date will be postponed or not.

Please guys, complain straight to British Airways about how Security Watchdog treat you, this is just totally not acceptable! They need to know how bad their services are. Email cabincrew@jobs.ba.com. I also emailed recruitment@jobs.ba.com and they forwarded it to their Talent Acquisition Manager.

Good luck!
profile image
jk621
I've emailed them to complain. not heard anything back yet...
profile image
NewLHRcrew12
Hi guys,

Glad to hear I'm not the only one having major issues with Security Watchdog but BA also seem to be pretty unhelpful.

I got the job offer end of October 2016, and had my original start date of the end of March delayed three (soon to be four) times. I have emailed a complaint a few weeks ago and, after not getting a reply, called BA several times in the last fortnight, eventually to be told a manager would be in contact today (they haven't).

Has anyone got any recommendations on what to do or who to contact? Or is anyone having similar difficulties/in a similar situation?

I cannot afford to be pushed back longer, as I am not in full time employment - currently surviving on a zero hour contract and support from my parents, which is incredibly demotivating, frustrating, and not financially feasible any longer. I'm afraid if it carries on much longer I will have to resign, which I obviously do not want to do.

Sorry if this is more of a rant than a question!
profile image
user16937
Hi guys

I am sorry that you are experiencing these issues.

I find it surprising that you say that BA are unresponsive as they have been always replying to me within 24 hours (and, believe me, I emailed cabincrew@jobs.ba.com numerous times). I always try to say what I need from them e.g. liaise with Security Watchdog on my behalf as they are unresponsive instead of sending me back to them; treat my start date as a matter of priority because of this and that; forward my comments to the Compliance Manager etc.

I am happy to share the template of my complaint you think it might be of use (PM me). I included all evidence emails from Security Watchdog and even from my past employers who commented on how rubbish they are. So perhaps my next piece of advice is to always try and get something in writing as it is hard to rely on verbal evidence.

Does this help?

NewLHRcrew12, would you mind telling me why they postponed your start date and how much notice they gave you every time?

Other discussions going on within British Airways

Uniform
69  113.93k 8 months ago
69 113.93k 8 months ago by Marky Mcdoe
British Airways - Training Dat... I received confirmation on 17th February that I ha...
0  1.31k -
0 1.31k -
General Info and questions abo...
3.12k  1k 4 years ago
3.12k 1k 4 years ago by Flying_Nurse
Accomodation, Specific to BA
1.35k  388.62k 2 years ago
1.35k 388.62k 2 years ago by Dolly1988
Assessments, interviews & star...
11.31k  2k 2 years ago
11.31k 2k 2 years ago by DavyP1972

Other topics for Airline Specific Forums

Middle East Airlines Forum Emirates, Gulf, Etihad, Qatar.......
718  4k 1 month ago
718 4k 1 month ago by anniesteuber
Jet2 All posts relating to Jet2
64  248.51k 10 months ago
64 248.51k 10 months ago by Andrew E. Briscoe
FLYBE News and Views from those at Flybe
27  193.68k 2 years ago
27 193.68k 2 years ago by juankax
Qantas UK Forum For those working at Qantas UK
31  372.5k 1 year ago
31 372.5k 1 year ago by Charles Carter
Virgin Atlantic Specific to Virgin Atlantic!
162  634.1k 1 year ago
162 634.1k 1 year ago by Lisa Harle