profile image
user16937
CRC check and References
profile image
Kella
Hi,

I would also like to know how long it will take for the Quality team to check my references provided. I am with Sterling T Solutions.

Does anyone know?
profile image
hellafly
My quality checks took about 2 and a half weeks before the file was sent to BA. I'm with Procius though. Does anyone know how long it normally takes to get a start date after BA receives the file?
profile image
kezzy22
hi all, I have asked security watchdog for an update and the response I had was 'currently completing your file to hopefully be cleared for stage one' this was a little vague to me! any ideas?!
profile image
flyingJSY
Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone could advise in my case ....

So I have no gaps for my 5 years reference but i went abroad to as an exchange student during my time at university for one year. During this time I was still a student of my university, I was merely just an exchange student abroad.... so whilst i can account that for 4 years I was a student in my uni, do I have to put in my 5 year check that I was a student abroad? I did not need a visa or anything for this year abroad as I had the right to study in that country so the only thing i needed to do that year was to fly abroad.....nothing else - do i still need to put this down in my check? and obtain a CRC for that country?

Academic references are quite troublesome and cost money....process is also very vague...but if i have to put it down i will just have to
profile image
rachelschott94
Hi, yes I think you would need to put it down as you will need an overseas crc check which is required when you have lived abroad for more than 6 months. If in doubt just call the company that's doing your referencing for you. I'm not sure if you would need a reference for it as you said you were still part of your university, but you will definitely need an overseas CRC for that country

Hope that helps!!
profile image
flyingJSY
thank you for the reply! I actually lived abroad for 3 months as i flew home for christmas and then went back for another 3... not sure if that is classified as being abroad for 6 months?

Thanks for your help! :)
profile image
wsilva
do i have to put down for references even a job i did for 2 week only ?
profile image
baileydr2000
Hi guys, I'm a little confused, please tell me which airlines accept standard crb checks and which need advanced.
profile image
A54Y
UK airlines (or rather, airports) normally only require a basic disclosure.
profile image
user16937
Originally posted by @baileydr2000
Hi guys, I'm a little confused, please tell me which airlines accept standard crb checks and which need advanced.

I have never had to have an advanced one done

Other discussions going on within British Airways

Uniform
69  113.94k 8 months ago
69 113.94k 8 months ago by Marky Mcdoe
British Airways - Training Dat... I received confirmation on 17th February that I ha...
0  1.37k -
0 1.37k -
General Info and questions abo...
3.12k  1k 4 years ago
3.12k 1k 4 years ago by Flying_Nurse
Accomodation, Specific to BA
1.35k  388.65k 2 years ago
1.35k 388.65k 2 years ago by Dolly1988
Assessments, interviews & star...
11.31k  2k 2 years ago
11.31k 2k 2 years ago by DavyP1972

Other topics for Airline Specific Forums

Middle East Airlines Forum Emirates, Gulf, Etihad, Qatar.......
718  4k 1 month ago
718 4k 1 month ago by anniesteuber
FLYBE News and Views from those at Flybe
27  193.76k 3 years ago
27 193.76k 3 years ago by juankax
Virgin Atlantic Specific to Virgin Atlantic!
162  634.27k 1 year ago
162 634.27k 1 year ago by Lisa Harle
Easyjet Forum dedicated to Easy world..!
266  595.06k 9 months ago
266 595.06k 9 months ago by KL17
Thomson Airways Thomson Airways including First Choice
93  408.4k 1 year ago
93 408.4k 1 year ago by David_Hume