profile image
user16937
CRC check and References
profile image
ElleBee
Hi,

Has anyone else lived abroad in the past 5years and need to get a CRB certificate from the relevant country?

I'm having a right nightmare!
profile image
Emiliex1o
I'm having a nightmare with referencing! I was at school, sixth form and college for the majority of the period that is needed, then I moved to a bigger company. All these have managed to give good references, however I put down that I had a weekend cash in hand job and that employer, for some silly reason which I am still to find out, wouldn't return the reference. I spoke with BackCheck and they said it has to be done because I've put it down. Managed to get hold of the employer and he says as he is legally only really required to confirm the dates I was with the company, this is all he will do, but I can also get a personal reference from a supervisor I was working with at the time. My ex-boss said that he will confirm the dates I was with them direct from his business email address - Will this be okay?!! Can't contact BA or Back Check until Tuesday... Silly bank holiday! And just wanted to know if anyone might know?? Thank you in advance!!
profile image
bellamafia
Hi all

I'm having a bit of a nightmare too. Two of my previous employers haven't come back and that's after I've chased them too. I don't understand why they aren't just going to send the reference as I didn't leave either of them in a bad way, which is another reason why I'm confused.

I contacted HMRC for the last 5 years history and sent this in.

Do you think this will be ok?
profile image
Dolly8
can anyone either tell me on here or PM me what the exact information they require for the references, when I applied to thomson and was put in the hold pool they said they needed the head office contact info of where I worked but when I worked for my previous airline it was HR or payroll? is it HR for BA?

Also how do you go about requesting the five year history from HMRC
profile image
MelP
Hi, if you don't get these references in, they will not put you on the course. We had this on our course, there was about 5 who got taken off the course, and are still waiting to be put back on one. So my advice to you is chase your references and call referencing team very regular, that way you are certain that everything is correct and you will be on the course!
profile image
ElleBee
Well I thought I'd sorted my last bit of paperwork to do with my year abroad. Backcheck have now only just told me that the company I worked for in Spain has a policy of not giving references (don't know why, maybe because it's a government job?!) so now I have to some how get hold of Spanish tax documents to prove I was there...I don't even have an old payslip of anything! I honestly feel like this job is never going to happen for me now. It's just one thing after another.
profile image
amylouiise
Has anyone needed to get a tax document from the USA by any chance? I'm having such a hard time even getting through to them...

x
profile image
jingles
I have been wondering how to start a crc check as I have no idea at the moment. Does anyone know how to apply for it?
profile image
Dann88
I need help/advice about the reference checks. Are these actual reference checks-like where they call them up and ask about you and your work history, ethics etc?

Or is it just for the purpose of security checks? Where all they need to do is confirm your history for the past 5 years?
profile image
A54Y
It is to comply with the issuing authority's requirements to check every single employer you have had for the last 5 years.

Everyone you have worked for will be contacted, either in writing or verbally.
Any gaps in employment will be investigated with HMRC.

It's not 'just for security checks' it is to ensure the safety of each and every airline worker and to ensure terrorists are not allowed anywhere near an aircraft.

Believe me, it is taken seriously.

Other discussions going on within British Airways

Uniform
69  113.93k 8 months ago
69 113.93k 8 months ago by Marky Mcdoe
British Airways - Training Dat... I received confirmation on 17th February that I ha...
0  1.32k -
0 1.32k -
General Info and questions abo...
3.12k  1k 4 years ago
3.12k 1k 4 years ago by Flying_Nurse
Accomodation, Specific to BA
1.35k  388.62k 2 years ago
1.35k 388.62k 2 years ago by Dolly1988
Assessments, interviews & star...
11.31k  2k 2 years ago
11.31k 2k 2 years ago by DavyP1972

Other topics for Airline Specific Forums

Middle East Airlines Forum Emirates, Gulf, Etihad, Qatar.......
718  4k 1 month ago
718 4k 1 month ago by anniesteuber
Thomson Airways Thomson Airways including First Choice
93  408.25k 1 year ago
93 408.25k 1 year ago by David_Hume
Easyjet Forum dedicated to Easy world..!
266  594.81k 8 months ago
266 594.81k 8 months ago by KL17
Jet2 All posts relating to Jet2
64  248.52k 10 months ago
64 248.52k 10 months ago by Andrew E. Briscoe
bmi & bmibaby All posts relating to bmi!
6  47.03k 5 years ago
6 47.03k 5 years ago by dgill