Post a reply
Add a new Topic
Search the Forums
Search
Latest Posts
- EasyJet Staff Travel
- Easyjet staff travel
- Assessments, interviews & start dates
- Resend an email with all the requested documents?
- Double room in flat share with BA crew in Redhill
- Will I hear back from Emirates? IC for 2 months.
- Re applying to emirates
- BA new entrance crew accommodation Heathrow offee
- Qantas Roster Codes
- Emirates application form - education etc?

CRC check and References

< Prev Next >
Author
  Topic Started By:  user51560    On:  Thu 8th May, 2014 at 19:19
bellamafia
#13  Re: CRC check and References  Posted 06/06/2014 at 21:17
In reply to post #12...
Hi all

I'm having a bit of a nightmare too. Two of my previous employers haven't come back and that's after I've chased them too. I don't understand why they aren't just going to send the reference as I didn't leave either of them in a bad way, which is another reason why I'm confused.

I contacted HMRC for the last 5 years history and sent this in.

Do you think this will be ok?
         Jump to Top
Dolly8
Groupie
United Kingdom
#14  Re: CRC check and References  Posted 13/06/2014 at 14:23
can anyone either tell me on here or PM me what the exact information they require for the references, when I applied to thomson and was put in the hold pool they said they needed the head office contact info of where I worked but when I worked for my previous airline it was HR or payroll? is it HR for BA?

Also how do you go about requesting the five year history from HMRC
Dolly8
         Jump to Top
MelP
#15  Re: CRC check and References  Posted 15/06/2014 at 07:57
In reply to post #13...
Hi, if you don't get these references in, they will not put you on the course. We had this on our course, there was about 5 who got taken off the course, and are still waiting to be put back on one. So my advice to you is chase your references and call referencing team very regular, that way you are certain that everything is correct and you will be on the course!
         Jump to Top
ElleBee
#16  Re: CRC check and References  Posted 20/06/2014 at 13:23
Well I thought I'd sorted my last bit of paperwork to do with my year abroad. Backcheck have now only just told me that the company I worked for in Spain has a policy of not giving references (don't know why, maybe because it's a government job?!) so now I have to some how get hold of Spanish tax documents to prove I was there...I don't even have an old payslip of anything! I honestly feel like this job is never going to happen for me now. It's just one thing after another.
         Jump to Top
amylouiise
#17  Re: CRC check and References  Posted 11/08/2014 at 09:38
Has anyone needed to get a tax document from the USA by any chance? I'm having such a hard time even getting through to them...

x
         Jump to Top
jingles
United Kingdom
#18  Re: CRC check and References  Posted 19/08/2014 at 10:24
I have been wondering how to start a crc check as I have no idea at the moment. Does anyone know how to apply for it?
         Jump to Top
Dann88
#19  Re: CRC check and References  Posted 29/09/2014 at 20:13
I need help/advice about the reference checks. Are these actual reference checks-like where they call them up and ask about you and your work history, ethics etc?

Or is it just for the purpose of security checks? Where all they need to do is confirm your history for the past 5 years?
         Jump to Top
A54Y
United Kingdom
#20  Re: CRC check and References  Posted 29/09/2014 at 20:30
In reply to post #19...
It is to comply with the issuing authority's requirements to check every single employer you have had for the last 5 years.

Everyone you have worked for will be contacted, either in writing or verbally.
Any gaps in employment will be investigated with HMRC.

It's not 'just for security checks' it is to ensure the safety of each and every airline worker and to ensure terrorists are not allowed anywhere near an aircraft.

Believe me, it is taken seriously.

Remember, Nil illegitimi carborundum!
         Jump to Top
user74743
#21  Re: CRC check and References  Posted 30/09/2014 at 10:54
Hi everyone, does anyone know if there is any way to track the backcheck process to see if any have not responded yet? Also do we get confirmation once it is completed? Thanks!
         Jump to Top
MissSparkles
#22  Re: CRC check and References  Posted 30/09/2016 at 23:05
Hey guys!

So Procius are taking care of my references and I was just wondering how common it is for them to ask for a 5 year employment history letter from HMRC?? My friend has been asked for one but I'm panicking as 2 of my referenced jobs were cash in hand (3 months each in different years) and I'm struggling to think of ways to prove them..

I've not got any gaps in my 5 year timeline and my bosses are happy to give a reference.

Any thoughts?

Thank you! x
         Jump to Top
< Prev Next >